Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,182
» Latest member: RobertNut
» Forum threads: 2,007
» Forum posts: 5,232

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 105 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 102 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, RobertNut

Latest Threads
Greetings, make sure to k...
Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion)
Last Post: JasmineDaw
04-06-2024, 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 61
zergkings covvie whitelis...
Forum: Recruiting Citadel
Last Post: BDpuffy420
03-17-2024, 11:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 108
UNSC REDACTED File 3001
Forum: Finished Applications
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 139
Whitelist Application - U...
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 140
WL Application
03-17-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 279
covvie app
03-09-2024, 11:48 PM
» Views: 125
Application for the Great...
03-02-2024, 09:30 PM
» Views: 123
UNSC Application
02-18-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 277
Covenant and shipmaster w...
Last Post: ODSTMedicMain
02-16-2024, 02:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
Open Community Meeting Re...
Forum: Section II (Announcements)
Last Post: zathonyttsz7102
02-14-2024, 08:31 PM
» Views: 3,298

From the dead, I rise.
Posted by: Emmanuel Bassil - 11-20-2015, 10:26 AM - Forum: Career Service Vita (CSV) - Replies (2)

There was once a guy called E-man.
He was a jolly fellow.
Then one day BDpuffy appeared,
And drove poor Eman off a cliff.

A couple of months later,
BDpuffy re-appeared,
To raise e-man from the dead,
Probably to drive him off a cliff again.

But until then!
I'm here to have fun and write horrid poems for everyone to enjoy!

Print this item

"I swear I did one of these!"
Posted by: 5crownik007 - 11-18-2015, 07:25 AM - Forum: Career Service Vita (CSV) - Replies (1)

beep
here i am
heres me
dat one guy with the sprites
I swear I already did one of these.
But w/e.

Print this item

Server Rules
Posted by: BDpuffy420 - 11-03-2015, 07:39 PM - Forum: Section II (Announcements) - No Replies

HALO: SPACE STATION EVOLVED 
Server Rules
RULE 1: AUTHORITY EXPECTATION
1.1) If you are not certain, ask in adminhelp. We are here to assist you. Doing this will prevent 99% of all bans.
1.2) If no admins are online, use your common sense. To make a complaint against a player when there are no admins, use player complaints on the forum for later investigation.
1.3) If there is someone that is excessively assaulting other players while no admins are online, you are allowed to protect yourself and others from them in lethal means. However, keep in mind you may be subject to review of your actions. This is not a golden pass to murder someone you find annoying.
1.4) If an admin says something, for that time being, it is law. No matter what an admin said at any other time or rule stating otherwise. If you want to lawyer it, take it to the admin complaint forum where your argument may be reviewed.
1.5) The admin has full right to decide the harshness of your ban, dictated by past record or their own prerogative. If you suspect this is abused, create an admin complaint for review.
1.6) Excessive disrespect towards admins and staff can lead to a ban.
1.7) Admins are fully expected to adhere to rules 2 and 3. Violations are to be posted on the admin complaint forum. Keep in mind just because something is posted there, it is not grounds for dismissal, but merely grounds for behaviour correction.
RULE 2: ROLEPLAY EXPECTATION
2.1) For all factions DO NOT RUSH to remove another faction spawn point or ship within first 10 minutes of the round.
2.2) You must roleplay according to your role’s knowledge. For example, a civilian wouldn’t know what the covenant is or how to fly their ships. An ONI Researcher would. This is clarified further in faction rules.
2.3) NPC Colonist/trader and or ships are to be treated as if they are another player.   
2.4) We expect a level of roleplay where you are not talking in internet speak of any kind. Smilies and leet are specifically banned. Phrases like ‘wtf’ and ‘omg’ may not be outwardly punished but keep in mind we want you to move on from it.
2.5) Do not use the same character after respawning, at least change their name.
2.6) No erotic roleplay. This also includes stalking, sexual harassment or making people feel sexually uncomfortable.
2.7) Realistic names to the setting. Famous names and immature names are not allowed. Same for theming your personality around such. Certain species have additional naming restrictions.
2.8) No psychotic behaviour. If your actions or roleplayed mental behaviour goes so far as to inflict murder or excessive violent behaviour, expect to be met with a ban. If you work up a decent set up to it, it could work. But you should Ahelp about your plans beforehand.
2.9) Using information from OOC or from an outside source other than IC, is not allowed. For example, using information seen from a person’s stream. No IC in OOC.
2.10) You are allowed to handle SSD. Taking ID’s and other important items are often helpful and at times mandatory.
2.11) No self-antagging. You value your job, your faction and your coworkers lives. Even in the event those three things no longer apply, you are not to be found firing alongside the insurrectionists or grunts. Vice versa. This does not apply to colonists.
2.12) You do not have the skills of every job. You are only expected to have the skills of your current job - in times of low population, a marine won’t be punished for setting up an engine, healing wounds, etc. But they’d still be punished for using tech from the enemy faction incorrectly
2.13) You must obey your faction’s rules. These are clarified individually on the faction rule page. Note that a faction’s rules and a faction’s laws are separate. Law breaks are considered IC. Rule breaks are not.
2.14) You may not use whitelisted gear as a non-whitelisted role. For example, you cannot use SOE armour as a marine, or ODST armour as an insurrectionist
2.15) End of round grief is disallowed.

RULE 3: BEHAVIOR EXPECTATION
3.1) No racism. This includes shouting “ALLAHU AKBAR” before explosions. Discriminating people based off gender/race/religion is not tolerable.
3.2) No talking about other servers negatively in OOC.
3.3) Using mechanics such as atmospherics, chemical or viral systems to disrupt the round, may be met with a ban. Remember to contact adminhelp in such situations where you want to use these tools in such a way.
3.4) Nothing NSFW in OOC.
3.5) If there is evidence of you outwardly griefing other servers, we may decide to remove you from our own for your behaviour. 
3.6) No harassment of other players. If you have an issue you can take it to the player complaints forum. If you have nothing really to show there, then you likely have nothing of value to spout in OOC about them.
3.7) English is the only allowed language. We have IC languages for your secret whisper parties, use those.
3.8) Whitelisted roles are to be held to a higher standard. Toxic behaviour that may not result in a ban may lead to whitelist removal.
RULE 4: ACCOUNT EXPECTATION
4.1 ) Ban Evasion by the use of TOR, or a program with the same end goal will be punished by a permanent ban.
4.2) Ban Evasion by the use of alt-ckeys to bypass a ban is forbidden and will earn you a permanent ban.
4.3) Using another user account to access whitelisted features is forbidden and will land you a severe ban.
4.4) If you and another person are playing this server and have the same IP ahelp letting staff know beforehand.

Print this item

Alpha 3rd/4th of October
Posted by: Cael_Aislinn - 11-02-2015, 05:53 PM - Forum: Development - No Replies

We've got the server paid for and it will be setup over the next 24 hours (hopefully). The last stuff getting in before launch are some randomly generated asteroid fields on the overmap. The lobby is setup with a splash screen and music, and the hub status text has been tweaked nicely. There still need to be some tweaks to the cruiser map before it's enabled (and a fair bit of work to go before it's finished) but the test ship works alright for the moment. I've added several dozen star system names from Halo, but they're just fluff text for the moment - no galaxy travel yet.

Print this item

Overmap progress 25/10
Posted by: Cael_Aislinn - 10-25-2015, 04:12 AM - Forum: Development - No Replies

Been refactoring parts of the overmap, but I've written a maploader (which uses the existing dmm suite under the hood) for us to load multiz maps semi-smoothly during the round. Still needs a bit of work not to clog up the server but its got working atmos and lighting and everything. The good thing about this is it will let us have much wider variety in maps during a round without having to have them all preloaded. Randomly generated planets will nicely complement this, as we can use player made maps for some stuff and fill in the gaps with unique content every round. Currently the Insurrection gamemode uses the maploader to load the innie base, but it's use will probably expand over time.

Print this item

UNSC fusion reactor
Posted by: Cael_Aislinn - 10-16-2015, 10:35 AM - Forum: Development - No Replies

Just a quick guide to help our mappers. Code is located at code\modules\power\UNSC_fusion and is functional. I plan to add some extra features to it eventually. Firestorm is currently working on sprites, at the moment it's just using placeholder sprites.

Firstly, there is the 1x1 core. Put this in the middle with cables going out from under it (in the code it starts anchored, and it can't currently be unanchored or moved). Around the sides place 1-3 cooling machines, called "coolant manifolds" because I couldn't think of anything... cooler... to call them. It's important you leave one side open so that engineers can access the core itself. The manifolds need to have the large maroon conduit going in towards the core, and once in place they can be anchored down with a wrench. While unanchored, they can be pushed/pulled around or rotated to get into the right position.

The core requires fuel to operate. Make sure there are plenty of fuel packets stored away around the ship in hard to find places so engineers have to play hide and seek to refuel the engine. I'm thinking I'll add the UNSC fusion coils as a sort of mobile SMES later so they can be stored conveniently close to all the fuel packets. Processing is based off delta time, so production and consumption will be consistent regardless of lag. Fuel packets hold 3600 units of fuel, and the default consumption rate from the reactor is 1 unit per second. Just whack the reactor with your packet to insert it, and whack the button on the interface when you're ready to eject the empty packet. There is a colourful bar overlay on the sprite to easily tell you how much fuel is left. Power production is 200,000W per unit of fuel consumed. Fuel consumption can be modified between 0 and 10 units per second (there's currently a bug with that, but it's a quick fix).

Cooling works by pumping cool gas with a large heat capacity into one end of the manifolds. Heat is extracted from the core and put in the coolant which then goes out the other end. The flow direction is fixed, and goes in a clockwise direction (cold coolant goes in from the earlier clockwise side of manifold, hot coolant comes out from the later clockwise side of manifold). Each unit of fuel consumed produces 2C of heat. If there is no active cooling (or it's really really bad) the minimum amount of cooling coming from passive automated vents and shit (think Macbook type technology) is 1C per second. The active cooling was hella tricky to balance and I can't remember what I eventually settled on (you can see some random calculations in coolant_manifold.dm) but I believe 1 canister of a phoron coolant pumped through 1 manifold provides slightly more than enough cooling for the default consumption rate of 1u/s.

Please remember to factor in appropriate piping according to how much cooling you want the reactor to have, keeping in mind how much power it may be expected to output. The UNSC Pillar of Autumn had 3 fusion reactors powering it, with notes that two were "auxiliary" generators, so I'll probably be adding a variant of this eventually which takes up more space but produces more power. This small one will need a lot of tweaking as well. Slipspace engines are powered by plasma from the fusion reactors, so when we add the galaxy map with working slipspace drives I'll add a conduit piping plasma from the reactors to the drives. I also had a cool idea to recreate the Star Trek EPS conduits as an alternate power network to provide some extra fun for engies.

Print this item

Hello all
Posted by: Kmc2000 - 10-12-2015, 07:22 PM - Forum: Career Service Vita (CSV) - Replies (1)

Hello all, I am Kmc2000, I will be helping out on the spriting front.

Print this item

Information Halo 5 Hype
Posted by: BDpuffy420 - 10-12-2015, 07:08 PM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (3)

Cool Anyone else super hyped for this game, so far what I've seen looks pretty promising even though 343 is horribly slaughter halo 4 but I have high fates that they won't mess  this one up. In this thread we should discuss our expectation for the game, like what weapon do you think is going to be over powered, how do you honestly feel about the game in the new features. I know I'll be all over that campaign and war zone even though should've just brought back invasion or have BTB (Big Team Battle) at launch.  See you guys on October 27th. #HuntTheTruth  Wink

Print this item

I'm back!
Posted by: Lawlessgreenday - 10-03-2015, 11:07 AM - Forum: Career Service Vita (CSV) - Replies (1)

Listen I saw some of you guys on BestRP (especially you Russle) which means I already love some of you, I don't know when you left but I left after each round got too long and too boring. I left to take a long break from SS13 and get addicted to TF2 again. I got bored and tried SS13 after I stopped being addicted to battlefield 4. I found Hippie which was a fun fuck about where I relived my first SS13 experience from TG. That is when I found it in OOC... Lifeweb. The game was extremely detailed, and I was in summer break. I adjusted my sleep around Lifeweb and when I had high school soccer come around I missed the rare weekday games. I started playing Halo on my xbox 1 when I saw the add for hunt the truth. I got invested and loved that season. I just wanted to play some SS13 Halo right then, but there were no servers...BUT!! I saw it, I saw a reddit post about one in development. I tried the website but it didn't connect, my heart broke but when Hunt the Truth ended I tried again and saw a new post. About this website. I then learned that it was run by my old friend BD. I kept an eye on it for a couple of months. Here I am now. and oh my god is this about to get good.

I hope to see you all when this is playable, and if there's anyway I can help message me.

Print this item

Hunt The Truth
Posted by: BDpuffy420 - 09-29-2015, 05:21 AM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - No Replies

Cool  It seems Hunt the Truth season two has started! Go check it out here

What did you guys think of season one? Oh didn't hear it, don't worry you can also view the full season here

Anyway I don't trust ONI at all man!

Print this item