Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,181
» Latest member: Thomashon
» Forum threads: 2,007
» Forum posts: 5,232

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 124 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 123 Guest(s)
Bing

Latest Threads
Greetings, make sure to k...
Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion)
Last Post: JasmineDaw
04-06-2024, 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
zergkings covvie whitelis...
Forum: Recruiting Citadel
Last Post: BDpuffy420
03-17-2024, 11:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 86
UNSC REDACTED File 3001
Forum: Finished Applications
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 91
Whitelist Application - U...
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 129
WL Application
03-17-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 270
covvie app
03-09-2024, 11:48 PM
» Views: 114
Application for the Great...
03-02-2024, 09:30 PM
» Views: 112
UNSC Application
02-18-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 269
Covenant and shipmaster w...
Last Post: ODSTMedicMain
02-16-2024, 02:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
Open Community Meeting Re...
Forum: Section II (Announcements)
Last Post: zathonyttsz7102
02-14-2024, 08:31 PM
» Views: 3,246

Unggoy application
Posted by: RedX994 - 08-24-2018, 09:18 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey:Mestoyo

Discord name:Mestoyo

In-character name:Gygo

general character info:Gygo always needs action, but can listen if necessary

Reason for joining : I always wonder how it is to be the one who is always killed

Roleplay Example/History: Colonials marine, complexe alpha, goonstation.

Print this item

Galaxor - Manual Ban Appeal
Posted by: hewhohasthehairmadeofspiders - 08-24-2018, 12:08 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (2)

Your Byond/Ckey Username: Galaxor

Your character name (if relevant): Taran Kandza

Who were you banned by: liamgallagher

Date of ban: 08/23/2018

Length of ban: Until I appeal

Full ban reason: (MANUAL BAN) Teamkilling. This ban will last until appealed.Logged off when questioned.

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned:  I didn't even leave though, if you look at the screenshot I provided here you'll see that I lost connection, it was round end and the server was restarting. I wasn't even given 30 seconds to reconnect it looks like. I was talking with you the whole time too, it's not like I logged off instantly when you questioned me. We talked for a bit. So I don't understand why you were so fast to ban me? My offenses here are few and far with the last one I remember having being months ago when I thought I could command a civilian pirate ship.

[Image: mOEU1NX.png]

Print this item

Valmoric's Sangheili Application
Posted by: Valmoric - 08-23-2018, 06:04 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Valmoric

Discord name: Valmoric

In-character name: Feia'Valkam

General character info: Feia is a female elite who was born on Hesduros to a loving father and mother. Her father was sent off to join the covenants military escalons and to her dismay was killed un-honorably by some strange incident. She does not know that way he died and many of the covenant officials have been quiet over the matter. So she instead took matter into her own hands and joined up within the military. An action that is seen as very strange within sangheili culture considering females are not generally seen within the military. She prides herself in her swordplay and has been training everyday to master the way of the blade since she was small being taught by her father. All she wishes is to bring honor and glory to her clan and to find those responsible for killing her father.

Reason for joining: I know that this race isn't yet available. However, when it does i wish to bring alot of social RP to the server. With a server like this it's going to be hard Especially with playing the marines. But i feel with the covenant we can achieve alot of interesting social RP with how the covenant structures it's political,military, and social system. I don't wish to be treated any special for getting white-listed with this race. i just REALLY enjoy the culture based around the sangheili and i think i could definitely bring some fun and interesting RP situations for all players involved.

Role-play Example/History: Uhm. Well iv'e played on tons of SS13 servers at this point and find myself preferring long rounds and detailed RP over the game-play of the game. Servers like Baystaion, AEIOU, and Polaris have greatly impressed me with their standard of RP. to the point i rarely even play on non heavy rp servers. In terms of general RP stuff. i Roleplay on MANY different platforms and even do Tabletop RP. i get REALLY invested into characters and think up how they would fit into so many diffrent situations. i Research, plan, and even watch films depicting the character i would like to play. I will do everything i can to figure out who and what my character is in order to make them stand out above all the other players around me while trying to include everyone into my RP.

(i Stole the below part from DerFlammenwerfer's Application because i like the idea of it. And honestly should be a basic part of any Sangheili App)

Typical attitude(s) towards Unggoy - Feia finds the Unggoy pretty cute. Most Sangheili dont have a positive attitude for them especially after the events of their rebellion. and even her father constantly talked down on them. But Feia doesn't hate them just sorta finds them adorable like a mother would to a child who doesn't know better.

Towards Kig-Yar - She finds the Kig-Yar of both types to be very suspicious. She doesn't trust them and often finds them pretty creepy. she generally goes out of her way to avoid them if she can and doesn't enjoy interacting with them. no matter how good they are on the battlefield.

Towards the Captain - She was taught at a young age to respect those in power for they have earned that status through battle and honorable acts. So Feia respect the Captain very much and holds him in high regards.

Towards Jiralhanae - She doesn't really know what to think of them. she hates their overly aggressive nature but other than that she hasn't had much interaction with them.

Towards Mgalekgolo - She respect their strength and power. And usually greets them with high regards. In fact shed probably find it very amazing to fight along side one.

Towards other Sangheili - Depends on the Sangheili. She gets along with most but depending on their personality that will determine how she feels about them. Although how she was taught growing up, She will show respect to those who deserve it regardless if they have a bad disposition.

Print this item

Kig-Yar Application
Posted by: AccointNaim - 08-23-2018, 05:34 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: AccointNaim

Discord name: AccointNaim

In-character name: Parry

general character info: A Male Ruutian Kig-Yar, usually a Ranger that attempts to infiltrate Enemy Ships by themselves and assassinate high-value targets, and steal loot while they're at it for themselves. They have a "Fuck you give me your loot and I'll let you live" style though, so if the targets pay up enough, they might let them live, usually at the cost of an arm and a leg aswell... And might just fight againts the covenant for the right price..

Reason for joining : I really like Aliens, whether it's Xenomorphs, Skrell, Diona, Unathi, they just seem interesting to me, and I'd like to play as covenant as it's also interesting to me.

Roleplay Example/History:  I've been on TG, Bay, and I've been a mentor on CM, so I think I would be good for roleplaying, and I'd usually let the humans who pay up live.

More depth with factions details: (Which faction, Covenant or Kig-Yar? I'll go with Kig-Yar) Kig-Yar never joined the Covenant because of the religion, it's because of the MONEY! They are known to defect to humans due to the money gained from cooperating with them instead of the covenant. Kig-Yar also fills most of the more needy roles that the Grunts can't handle, such as sniping, scouting, and others. 

Print this item

Sparrow's UNSC Application
Posted by: Sparrow - 08-23-2018, 02:05 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Sparrow201

Discord name: Cynliax#0260

In-character name: David Law

general character info: David is one to never take a situation as serious as it warrants, some call it disturbing however keeps David stoic in the face of combat. Having use to be apart of a PMC, often dispatched to protect client assets, his company died and out of money, David went to the UNSC.

Which role is your character's main(ex: Technician, Marine, etc): ONI Security ( marine in a close second )

Reason for joining : UNSC was always my favourite faction when playing any HALO game, for reasons including its vast lore and the badassery of the vast arsenal we see. Plus UNSC glorious over every faction.

Print this item

URF Commander Complaint - Frontline03 "Isaac Riker"
Posted by: MojaveWanderer - 08-22-2018, 02:22 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (3)

I was unsure where to put this, as Frontline is actually pretty damn chill and cool in my opinion, but there's still an issue.

Isaac Riker, after losing ODST (Which is a shame, he was one of the few ODST who was willing to actually roleplay should you be captured by him, or you capture him.) instantly jumped right into commanding the URF quite a bit. The issue should be obvious why this is bad. I'm fine with him being on our team, or even being the ship captain, but Commander? I personally feel he doesn't quite have enough play time as the basic roles in the Insurrection to know how to lead them effectively. That and his leadership style is also a bit concerning.

Now, I'm literally a god damn space cowboy. I have no room to comment on style or gimmicks of other players - not that he has any issues there, Riker is fun to play with - but the way he tries to lead the URF is the issue. He tries to command the URF, which is usually a pretty large force like he would an ODST hit squad. He doesn't see the issues of "We don't have many guns," or, "We need ammo to do this!" I personally think that he very much could be one of the best commanders the URF have, he certainly proved his competence with the ODST and as an Oni guard, and I think with some more practice he could do amazingly.

There's a reason I don't trust myself to play commander, I leave stuff like that to URF legends like Danny Stone or Nathanial Rathens, who run the best teams I've ever seen. I feel I'm better in the position of captain, or just a simple sharpshooter, where I can still make decisions, but at the end of the day, there's someone to look up to and ask if this is a good idea.

At this point, you're likely wondering why I bothered to type out this long thing. Two reasons.

One, I'm sitting in class bored as all hell.

But two, I hope Frontline will read this, and think about it. Do I want him to get a ban from commander? God no, that would encourage him never to play it again. I want him to read this, I want -you- to read this, reader, and use it to get better. It's only in complaints because that's what it is - a complaint that someone who has the potential to be great at a role is squandering it. 

I encourage you, if you're reading Frontline, to think on how you lead a faction, how to best work with your soldiers and the Comet's captain to create a successful faction. The URF is majorly underpowered at the moment next to the likes of the UNSC and Covenant. What makes us a good faction is how we work together, is how we cooperate on a scale the Covenant and UNSC can't match. We aren't rank and file soldiers, we're guerrillas, we're a militia, and without good leadership? We're just poorly armed idiots running head first into the barrel of an MA5B. 

Do I expect you to take this to heart? No, not at all, I expect you to think I'm a pretentious prick. But I do hope you'll get what I'm trying to say, and that you'll become a better commander. We need more good commanders, and you have it in you to be just that. A very, very good commander.

Print this item

Big Grin Epic wins, epic fails, and general stupidity
Posted by: MojaveWanderer - 08-22-2018, 01:04 PM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (8)

Eyup, it's about time this server has one of these threads. Post your best moments - may be the time you stood alone against the flood! Post your worst moments, like that time you "Accidentally" released Phoron while trying to fuel a ship. Funny? Do that too, could just be particularly funny banter between players. Anything you feel like has a reason to be here likely does, so go ahead and post away!

The URF is the best faction!

I also suppose I should go first.

A round I don't think I'll forget about for a while was the time everything went so well up until it didn't.

I was playing as Johnny Reno, as I usually do, and we were getting ready for a raid on VT9. All the cards were in our hands, this round was going so well. We had a medical bay on the Comet, a forward operating base was being set up on the ground, and we were all high off the kill from taking down a Spartan who tried to rush us with a Magnum. The only issue is that everyone else was lollygagging on the ship, and I was down setting up defenses on the planet by myself. It's all going well until this big ass round hits me square in the chest, likely from an SRS99 given the trail it made. I sat there for a moment, trying to call for help but -

>Comms down.

So, I tried to shoot in the direction of the shot, mostly in vain of course because good luck using the double barrel shotgun at distance, even with slugs. Eventually, I fell over into crit and soldiers poured out of the Comet to begin the attack. They were ambushed and all killed because I couldn't warn them a trap was being sprung on us. 

TL;DR, My refusal to wear body armor cost my entire team the round because I couldn't run to the Comet to warn the others that Sniperman Roofcamps McGee was on the roof and that two more Oni soldiers were just around the corner. 

Still, I refuse to give up the trench coat and cowboy hat. It's like an icon at this point.

See you, space cowboy.

Print this item

Mojave's Moderator Application
Posted by: MojaveWanderer - 08-21-2018, 08:45 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: TheMojaveWanderer

Discord Name: Mojave#1640

Timezone: CDT

Time in SS13: A few years now.

Any SS13 Bans: A /TG/ ban for metacom about two years back when I was just getting started, and a baystation ban when I was just getting started roleplaying for improper escalation - both of these were near the beginning of my time playing here.

Prior Moderation experience: I understand how the admin system works, but I have no experience - I'm totally green.

Personally, I think the most important thing about moderating is: Making sure people enjoy the game. After all, that's what it's there for at the end of the day, for people to enjoy it.

Print this item

Mapper Application
Posted by: Sgt Buck - 08-21-2018, 06:57 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Mapper Format:

Ckey: DexterDude

Discord Name: Heretic#0854

Time Zone: EST

How long you have been mapping and your experience with it: I started around last year but I haven't done any 'Big projects' as I really have no need to. My experience is moderate I suppose. I know the basics of mapping and how terrible Dream Maker is.  The only noteable project I can think of was making a mini space station. I'd like to help out with the server as there aren't many mappers currently.

Prior Work (if applicable): No images as I hard restarted my computer and everything was lost. I can make something if you want an example.

Print this item

Tybo03's UNSC Application
Posted by: Tybo03 - 08-21-2018, 04:49 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Tybo03

Discord name: Tybo03#0273

In-character name: Darin Sanders

general character info: An intelligent but tough marine willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good and the cause of the UNSC.

Which role is your character's main(ex: Technician, Marine, etc): Marine

Reason for joining : I loved playing on the server and the concept, so I thought it would be better if I was fully apart of it.

Print this item