Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,181
» Latest member: Thomashon
» Forum threads: 2,007
» Forum posts: 5,232

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 85 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 84 Guest(s)
Bing

Latest Threads
Greetings, make sure to k...
Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion)
Last Post: JasmineDaw
04-06-2024, 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
zergkings covvie whitelis...
Forum: Recruiting Citadel
Last Post: BDpuffy420
03-17-2024, 11:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 86
UNSC REDACTED File 3001
Forum: Finished Applications
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 91
Whitelist Application - U...
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 129
WL Application
03-17-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 270
covvie app
03-09-2024, 11:48 PM
» Views: 114
Application for the Great...
03-02-2024, 09:30 PM
» Views: 112
UNSC Application
02-18-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 269
Covenant and shipmaster w...
Last Post: ODSTMedicMain
02-16-2024, 02:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
Open Community Meeting Re...
Forum: Section II (Announcements)
Last Post: zathonyttsz7102
02-14-2024, 08:31 PM
» Views: 3,246

Damned Deserters - Suggestion
Posted by: SuckMySocks - 08-14-2018, 09:33 PM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (6)

Hey kids, its ya boi with the socks! And I have a suggestion for the Insurrection/URF team! Buckle up and shut up!

Righto, so I've come to the realization that the Innie team has ZERO specialty roles. Lets change this shall we?

Demon Jumpers
The idea I had is something that I like to call the "Demon Jumpers" ("DJ's" for short), these would be ODST defectors that joined up with the United Rebel Front for whatever reason. Their loadout would be slightly better then your average Insurrectionist, y'know salvaged ODST gear and some other neato stuff. The DJ's will be treated as the elite of the Insurrection, they can/will give orders to regular Innies but all DJ's will be directly under the command of the Commander and Captain, the DJ Leader will be the lowest ranking officer for the Insurrection.

How would we implement this? 
Okay will first thing that would need to be done is turn the blown-to-shit part of the CCV Comet into the Demon Jumper's area. (https://gyazo.com/8177d398fa29a7f666627ac1769f7a57) Fix that shit up, drop a small room for the DJ's to gear up and spawn, add a few spots for the S-SOEIV's (Salvaged-Single Occupant Exoatmospheric Insertion Vehicle, yes I made this up, fite me.), fix the doors to make them only accessible to the DJ's (maybe the Commander/Captain?) and boom, you got yourself some friggin Demon Jumpers ready to mess up the UNSC.

Have there be two new roles plus some sub roles, Insurrectionist Demon Jumper (Machine Gunner, Sharpshooter, Engineer) and Insurrectionist Demon Jumper Leader (maybe a Insurrectionist Demon Jumper Lieutenant?) 

or we can just make them a new part of ERT
or never

Why should we implement this into the game? 
Being that the Insurrectionist team doesn't have any specialty roles and that I've noticed that lately the Innie team has been kinda getting its ass beat in every engagement, adding a new role to give the Innies would probably help balance the game (or not? ConfusedhrugSmile. This would allow the Innies to have a small group of people quickly drop in to begin assaults before the ground crews can arrive to help them out, meaning that new tactics can be used by the Insurrectionists, adding an extra layer of fun to the game.

Also the Thorin just got another upgrade and the URF are about to get totally rekt, pls add.

Side Notes? This is not canon, whatsoever, Demon Jumpers don't really exist, but there have been ODST's that have left the UNSC to join the Insurrection (and presumably took their armor with them), so I mean - why not have a squad or two rebel and join the Insurrection after something the UNSC did (Remember Far Isle!!)? Plus I mean, giving the Innies some kind of specialty role would be good for balancing, right? Right?

Oh yeah, here are the sprites I was talking about.
Machine Gunner/CQB: [Image: 1d0714426fba362efb979afc7a4b2717.png] 
Engineer:                    [Image: be6c004f9f1c4fbec8f6e13abf38cc0a.png]
Leader:                      [Image: cbc3fdb818629915ed20ea893d2053b0.png]
Basic:                        [Image: 65963641578b6a5eebdfd2839858b242.png]
Sharpshooter:            [Image: 338ff410f86904bcd43e7fc28d1abe79.png]
Light Sharpshooter:    [Image: b829e3db6e66184ddde09db01bff7411.png]

Print this item

Crocodillo's T'vaoan Kig-yar Application: Kog Zeth
Posted by: Crocodillo - 08-13-2018, 03:56 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Crocodillo

Discord name: Crocodillo

In-character name: Kog Zeth

general character info: A T'vaoan mercenary who is one of countless Kig-yar providing their willing or not-so-willing services to the Covenant. He has little interest in the Covenant religion, and might even hold distaste for it, but he fakes reverence for the prophets for the sake of money and not-being-executed. After all, at the end of the day, money doesn't care who holds it.

Reason for joining : Well, because T'vaoan are cool, and are the superior Kig-Yar race. The concept of playing a Covie who has to fake belief in a religion they, in actuality, have no love for sounds interesting to my own ears as well. Also because we need more Covenant for when we do covenant-UNSC rounds. I'm knowledgeable enough of the lore to more than competently play one as well.

Roleplay Example/History: Paradise Station and Colonial Marines server. Competently played Head of Security, Captain, and Medical roles. On colonial marines, i play a pretty decent combat medic. While i have dealt with a few bans on Paradise, none are for roleplay or intentional griefing issues.

Print this item

Zerg's UNSC Application
Posted by: Zergrush - 08-12-2018, 08:04 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Zergursh (not to be confused with my Forum username of "Zergrush")

Discord name: Zergrush#9064#9064#9064##

In-character name: Had it on random for a bit, finally deceided on "Giorno Joestar" 

general character info: Giorno is a 19 year old Recruit. He finally deceided to Join the UNSC from a mixture of past family members also persuing similar paths and Peer pressure. He's a fucking coward who would rather run to cover and keep taking potshots rather then push forward and actually kill his enemies. He isn't too good with a rifle, just competent enough. Knows a tiny bit of old Russian Slang, for, some reason.

Which role is your character's main(ex: Technician, Marine, etc): Regular Marine, Riflemen, whatever's the bottom of the combat food chain, I'm gonna be there

Reason for joining : Whilst being an insurgent was somewhat fun, waiting on an asteroid for 10 years wasn't. ONI guard was pretty eventful yet boring. Let's 1 up it to muh mureen. Can't wait to barrel Charger my suppressed rocket launcher so I can backstab a regular civillian and get executed for war crimes!

Print this item

Fufuf The Unggoy Applicaton
Posted by: Fishiz - 08-12-2018, 07:19 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

12-17-2017, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2018, 11:21 PM by MactoPerFuror.)
Ckey: Fishiz

Discord name: Fishiz

In-character name: Fufuf

general character info: Fufuf is a small angry Unggoy eager to prove his worth, ready to die at any moment (more likely the latter). His stupidity mixed with his aggressiveness make him a danger to himself.

Reason for joining : Humans care too much about their lives the Unggoy, however, are prime cannon fodder

Roleplay Example/History: Lebenstraum, Oracle, CM, and a little bit of Paradise.

Print this item

ODST app
Posted by: Kozi32 - 08-12-2018, 02:55 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (5)

Ckey: Kozi32

Discord Name: Kozi32#4645

Character(s): Milos Twine Twine

How does your character interact with the world around them and the people in it?: Milos is not really a fun dude, he's kinda closed in self, he prefer a discipline and professional relations

Provide a brief description of your character: Milos has been borned in republic of ireland with polish ancestor, his family wasn't really wealthy, to gain more money his brother joined the UNSC Engineering corps, sadly his brother gone K.I.A, milos has been refused to gain knowledge how he died, by that he wanted to join the ODST, maybe someday he will understand how his brother died.

Do you understand that members of this whitelist are held to a higher standard of roleplay?: Yes i do understand

Do you understand that if your behavior is deemed inappropriate you will be removed from the whitelist?: Yes i do understand

Do you understand that breaking a server rule can remove you from this whitelist permanently?: Yes i do understand

Print this item

Banappeal
Posted by: Spiderling - 08-11-2018, 06:06 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (3)

Your Byond/Ckey Username: Spiderling

Your character name (if relevant): John Brown

Who were you banned by: Five seconds before

Date of ban: Just right now

Length of ban:Untill appeal 

Full ban reason:Fails to meet roleplay expectations by exploring a facility as ONI guard by shooting doors he has no access to. Proceeded to shoot at a group of other ONI guards and a captured Jackal using the aim mode without configuring it first.

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: This been not my fault but fault of stupid aim, ill check it before usin' next time!

Print this item

UNSC App
Posted by: Kozi32 - 08-10-2018, 11:59 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Kozi32

Discord name: Kozi32#4645 K

In-character name: Milos Twine

general character info: Milos was born on earth in a poor family, his brother was a UNSC Engineer, sadly he died in unknown mission, Milos wanted to join the engineering corps to gain the knowledge how his brother died.

Which role is your character's main(ex: Technician, Marine, etc): Engineer

Reason for joining : Well... I once played Halo on PC, i quite liked it.. so i wanted to play as ODST.. so... thats the reason, i suppose.

Print this item

SMS for ODST 2k18!
Posted by: SuckMySocks - 08-10-2018, 05:34 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (2)

Ckey: SuckMySocks1

Discord Name: Mister Canadian#1403

Character(s): Johnathan 'Tex' Texus

How does your character interact with the world around them and the people in it?: Johnathan is a pretty casual and fun character, he likes to joke around with his fellow brothers-in-arms. But once the music comes on, its time to dance with the devil. He's disciplined and follows orders to the letter.

Provide a brief description of your character: Growing up Johnathan was left as an orphan after his parents were killed by the URF, he spent his adolescents training himself to be a killing machine in hopes of joining the Marines and have his shot at fighting back against the rebellion that seeks to destroy humanity. After finishing basic training he went out and served three terms, Johnathan decided it was time to volunteer for the ODST's, and now we're here.

Do you understand that members of this whitelist are held to a higher standard of roleplay?: Aye. aye Cap'in.

Do you understand that if your behavior is deemed inappropriate you will be removed from the whitelist?: Try to stray from that kinda stuff anyway, so yessiirr.

Do you understand that breaking a server rule can remove you from this whitelist permanently?: Understood.

Print this item

Section 3 ONI Operatives
Posted by: Desolane900 - 08-10-2018, 05:40 AM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (1)

After reading a bit of Halo books in my vast amount of spare time, I wanted to suggest we add a form of traitor or antag role that would work more as a wild card than a downright antag, as to not give people the idea that they should constantly shoot this role on sight.

The objectives for this role would be things such as keeping player X alive until the end of the round or capturing certain documents from a randomly spawned place on any number of planets we currently have.

This role would have the added benefit of a spook blessing from ONI meaning that they would be authorized to go wherever whenever so long as it doesn't blow their preset cover, ie, a colonist is a Section 3 Operative but needs to find a way to covertly kill the innie leader without others noticing or they need to go secure documents at the ONI research base.

They would, in technical terms, hold a military rank which could be used as leverage but if they need to use this rank their cover is considered blown.

I don't currently have this antag role fleshed out in my head but the base is there as a foundation and has plenty of room to grow and expand.

Print this item

Modular Armor
Posted by: Desolane900 - 08-10-2018, 05:32 AM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (2)

Make armor modular, ie, give innies plates for their plate carriers which add armor thickness but weight, or give marines the option of bonus leg/arm protection for the cost of additional weight.

This would require an armor rebalance which I would be happy to deliver once the groundwork is in place.

Giving armor a more modular system gives people the ability to further customize their loadout and give them creative freedom as to choosing speed over defence or vice versa.

This system would compliment the weapon attachments implemented not long ago and if we supplement that with additional weapons able to hold additional attachments made, I feel the base player satisfaction and replayability would increase as people would want to test their builds and switch things up gameplay-wise on a more combat scaled engagement.

Print this item