Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,178
» Latest member: Самоклейка для ванной
» Forum threads: 2,007
» Forum posts: 5,232

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 88 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 85 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Greetings, make sure to k...
Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion)
Last Post: JasmineDaw
04-06-2024, 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 35
zergkings covvie whitelis...
Forum: Recruiting Citadel
Last Post: BDpuffy420
03-17-2024, 11:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 74
UNSC REDACTED File 3001
Forum: Finished Applications
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 80
Whitelist Application - U...
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 116
WL Application
03-17-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 259
covvie app
03-09-2024, 11:48 PM
» Views: 101
Application for the Great...
03-02-2024, 09:30 PM
» Views: 99
UNSC Application
02-18-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 256
Covenant and shipmaster w...
Last Post: ODSTMedicMain
02-16-2024, 02:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 78
Open Community Meeting Re...
Forum: Section II (Announcements)
Last Post: zathonyttsz7102
02-14-2024, 08:31 PM
» Views: 3,221

UNSC application -- Janet Miller
Posted by: Jaketeaking - 04-19-2018, 11:19 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Jaketeaking

Discord name: Jaketeaking

In-character name: Janet Miller

general character info: Janet Miller. Saint. Hero.  These are words that nobody would use to describe Janet. Hailing from earth, in the sol system, Janet joined the military after insurgent forces raided a nearby military installation. Upon witnessing the carnage and devastation, she decided that she had only one option, and signed up that afternoon. Upon completion of basic training, Janet tried to join the elite corp of pilots, but dropped out for undisclosed reasons. Janet then went on to specialize in the machine gunnery school, before being assigned to the UNSC Heavens Above.

Which role is your character's main(ex: Technician, Marine, etc): Machine Gunner Marine.

Reason for joining : UNSC Loyalty, Comradery, Honour.

Print this item

Functionally Anchoring the Economy
Posted by: Desolane900 - 04-19-2018, 07:21 PM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (6)

As it stands, current money has no real worth and this wouldn't be implemented overnight but it'd help to concrete the economy and give a basis to stand and improve on.

First order of business would be to make a console that gives colonists jobs and changes their ID accordingly. These jobs would each have a payscale and every 10-15 minutes a new payday would happen. The next step is to add in an admin command of adjusting the taxation of the colony which would impact how much money the colonists receive each paydate. We would then adjust the colony to have more vendor type objects and maybe a shopping center where this money could be spent, this system comes into play more later. With the increase in taxation, the price of goods in vendors would also increase by the same percentage as the taxes being taken from each paydate.

The next step would be to add in overmap objects that act as a type of black market, which would be easily concealed in the activity of NPC ships and stations. The Insurrectionists will start with little and need to depend on the support of, or violent action taken on, the colony as a means of procuring funds to use to purchase better gear from the black markets, with the ability to sell stolen goods on the black market through the aforementioned vendor system.

The improvements made to gameplay would: give colonists more incentive to assist the insurrection, give the UNSC another thing to do in the system (ie cracking down on black markets), give value to the goods produced by the colony, give the colonists a better and more concreted role to fill in the game, improve on both the overmap and Geminus by giving more functional objects to fill the world space (as opposed to useless objects being filler), give Insurrectionists more reason to conduct raids on NPC ships, and help secure the need for a governing head in the colony.

Print this item

Commanding Officer
Posted by: PWNJimiPWN - 04-18-2018, 08:15 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: PWNJimiPWN

Discord name (username####): PWNJimiPWN #8419

Character Name(s):Jimi 'MagVard' Honeycutt

Do you understand the RoE? Yes

Do you understand that you are not above the law, and may be persecuted for not following the RoE? Yes

Do you understand that you can be removed from the whitelist at any given time, based on your behavior, even when not playing the role you applied for? Yes

What do you think your job is as the role you are applying for? My job is to command, orchestrate, oversee the mission at hand. I will be responsible for setting the the squads up via my own will or by assigning someone to set squads for me, I am the person with the final say and I have the most impact in all aspects of the mission at hand. 

My job will entail, devising tactics, fortification planning at times, diplomacy, Warfare ROE, ensuring the marines remain professional, ensure damage is minimal to the colony as it is important to the inner colonies and Earth as a hole.  I represent and embody how the marines should try to be seen and how they should try to reflect to the colonists.  The Job of commander is many many things wrapped into a bow. I will mainly remain ship side depending on situation and progress of the marines planet side.  I will give briefings and ensure the frigate is never under immediate danger. Should i need to I will fuel the ship, power the ship and fly the ship. I am responsible for  alerting the colony to our presence or assigning that role to someone in the case I am doing things on the ship that acquire my attention. I also understand there is a High Command that out rank me and they have the power to even remove me from command as they deem fit.

Why should you be whitelisted? Because I actually try to RP my role and im not a baldie rambo all blood thirsty.  I actually strive to help role play prosper in the server and I believe that this server has the chance to be the best server in the ss13 community RP wise.  As Commander I can do a bit more through RP without getting Admins involved and this will encourage the RP point of the server without everyone turning it into a TDM or stressing admins out with silly things that people tend to do while in character. I like to try to show people there are otherwise to experience a round other than shooting it out. I am not afraid to crack the whip on marines disrespecting or all together throwing out the Chain of Command.

Print this item

staff complaint
Posted by: jkeller098 - 04-18-2018, 03:24 PM - Forum: Finished Complaints - Replies (1)

Your CKEY/BYOND username: jkeller098

Admin's CKEY/BYOND username: mactoperfuror

Details of complaint: after the server reverted me back to the lobby even though i was the only one to chose a role i A-helped about it and the admin did nothing not even being willing to let me observe and then have em spawn me and give me the gear for that role no they muted me from A-help and because i could not use A-help to ask one of the other admins i used OOC they then proceeded to mute me from that so i was using dead chat as a last ditch effort to at least get them to send me back to the lobby from observing but instead they baned me, the date of this occurrence is 4/17/2018

Print this item

[Victor Kovacs] UNSC Company Sergeant Application
Posted by: Jarilov - 04-18-2018, 02:42 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Jarilovv.

Discord name (username####): Jarilov #9011.

Character Name(s): Victor Kovacs.

Do you understand the RoE?: I am very familiar with ROE and confident with my knowledge of the all the rules of the server. I often find myself teaching newer people the ROE and the importance of the ROE.

Do you understand that you are not above the law, and may be persecuted for not following the RoE?: I understand. OOC: as a med-high RP server, obeying rules and listening carefully to admins is key to ensuring everyone can enjoy themselves. IC: My character rarely breaks ROE, only having broken it in two instances that I can think of, and one of these was before the ROE was enforced. I understand as a standing army there are laws that must be followed by soldiers, hence the existence of a military police. 

Do you understand that you can be removed from the whitelist at any given time, based on your behavior, even when not playing the role you applied for?: I understand this and I know it does not have to come to this.

What do you think your job is as the role you are applying for?: I base my role as a gunnery sergeant much on the performance of the late R. Lee Ermy in Full Metal Jacket, I believe the 'Gunny' is there to enforce discipline into the ranks of the rank and file; using whatever method in the pursuit of gaining an acceptable level of discipline from non-NCO's and non-CO's(Except in a few certain cases such as when an NCO speaks down to a CO). I have had much experience in this role as it has been my primary since the around the second half of my playtime on this server after I played through as both a marine and a squad leader.

Why should you be whitelisted?: I believe I should be accepted as I present a more than acceptable level of roleplay in game. I spend most of my playtime on Kovacs(Around 9 out of every ten rounds) and have an exceptional understanding of Military RP as a result of past experience as well as a genuine interest in the military. I also do my best to help out newer marines as I do enjoy helping people, even if my characters methods are often draconian. I believe I am fairly decent at the combat of SS13 and I am extremely confident in my capability to lead, I rarely hesitate in tense situations and most marines that have disobeyed my orders have often reaped the consequences. I also know I can often garner the respect of my marines, particularly, if they themselves roleplay effectively. I also believe I am more than capable of dealing with insubordination, particularly marines who do not listen to their officers. I also believe a few people will vouch for my effectiveness in the 'Gunny' role.

Print this item

Skill System
Posted by: shill - 04-18-2018, 06:32 AM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (7)

So, there's been a bit of debate over making it so certain roles are the only ones that can do certain things, i.e. Medics are the only ones that can do surgery/apply biofoam, only pilots can fly vehicles, only Engineers can build shit, only Soldiers can fire accurately etc. However, such a restrictive system will mean that when there aren't enough people on the server to fill the roles, or people don't select roles based on what's needed, there'll be no-one available to pilot vehicles, fix up injured players etc. So, instead, I propose we instate a skill-based system. While some actions, such as piloting pelicans or performing surgery could be outright blocked, other actions such as applying biofoam or firing accurately could still be RNG based, with higher level skills basically assuring success.

This system would stop one Marine Scout Sniper from being the one that does everything for the Company, while also allowing players to not be forced down a specific play-style. Higher skilled characters (i.e. ODST, SPARTAN, Covenant etc.) could even be awarded extra skill points, or it could be a reward-based system where admins can decide to grant players extra points for significant acts of robustness, whether in that be for roleplay, engineering/medical prowess or killing all the innies in one fell swoop.

Admittedly, I'm not sure how difficult this system would be to develop, and I know it hasn't worked on other servers, but seeing as this one is more combat-focused it means that not everyone will be able to just pick up a gun and play as a soldier, at least not if they want to be an expert in other areas.

Print this item

Hans Keller
Posted by: jkeller098 - 04-18-2018, 04:28 AM - Forum: Career Service Vita (CSV) - No Replies

a simple fellow who hails from a euro nation to day they are in the fleet reserves sometimes they are on the colony they call home gemenus city they can also be deployed in the local fleet.

Print this item

Got banned, what the hell?
Posted by: CptainTwizzle - 04-17-2018, 10:21 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (3)

Your Byond/Ckey Username: [b]Your Byond/Ckey Username: CpatinTwizzle
[/b]

Your character name (if relevant): No idea, got banned super short time.

Who were you banned by: No idea of his name

Date of ban: 4/17/2018

Length of ban: Indefinite?

Full ban reason: Guy said I riddled someone with bullets intentionally 

[b]Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: [/b]

Dude, I brought up to this guy that I didn't know how to control the gun mechanic compared to USMC or whatever until I shot her, the mechanic is on USMC there that if you click the gun in the inventory it readies it, or safteys it. On THIS server if you click the gun it loads/unloads the magazine. I thought I unreadied the gun, instead I loaded the magazine. And when using the point click mechanic to look towards this players way I shot her. I tried to even fix her with a buddy of mine while trying to make jokes about it happening to bring some comedy relief out of it, we sat in the call feeling like shit. He said he didn't buy it and banned me, I played on this server for a span of 5 minutes, check other servers. I have no complaints. 

Print this item

Photo URF Map
Posted by: Kai.H - 04-17-2018, 07:54 PM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (1)

DECK 1
[Image: URF1.png]
DECK 2
[Image: URF2.png]
DECK 3
[Image: URF3.png]

DECK 4
[Image: URF4.png]

Print this item

q
Posted by: Hazel - 04-17-2018, 12:25 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (7)

What position are you applying for (Development or Staff)?

dev

How old are you?

Known IC Names Or Ckey:

DietColaCan

Discord Name? (The projects preferred chat application):

Hazel

What timezone are you in?

GMT 0

How active can you be?

A little active. the games kind of shit now but it has some pretty good potential.

How long have you been active within the Space Station 13 community?

Very Long Time.

Do you have a history of bans?

A Lot of bans, pretty much every game i've played i've been banned once (That's like a broad spectrum of an entire gaming experience)

[b]Do you have any past experience as server staff/moderation? 

Started moderating in minecraft. found ss13. Been admin on over 10 ss13 servers for different amounts of time, some are no longer around. some are. (I'm familiar with vars etc.)

*If you are applying for moderation, Describe what you think is the most important in moderation. 

letting the game play out how it wants and only interfering if necessary.

*If you are applying for Lore Master, Describe your in depth knowledge of the series. 

i dont know much about the halo series, i did play on xbox and found it was really easy and i kept getting like 20 kills in every game whilst everyone else was getting like 5

(I dont own an xbox. PC MASTER RACE!)

*If you are applying for Lore Master, Are you able to follow the creative development of the server and to actively give out suggestions or comments?

Yeah.

*If you are applying for Lore Master, Can you contribute to the wiki actively?

Yeah i think contributing to a wiki would be a fun past time, maby make some kind of cool looking custom sprites just for the wiki

--Development Questions--

*If you are applying for development, What skills do you have? ( Mapping, coding or spriting etc.) 

I know a bunch about the game. I can code the basics somewhat cleanly. I can do some mapping (I did some early maps for CM). Im pretty good at spriting.

*If you are applying for development, How long have you done Space Station 13 development?

For around a year in total. Over the course of a few years. (On and off)

*If you are applying for development, are you familiar with Git and GitHub?[/font]
[/b]

No. Though I'm fairly competent I can probably figure it out.

*If you are applying for development, have you made any major contributions to any code bases?

I don't know what you mean by major contribution, though no. I haven't released anything into codebases but it wouldn't surprise me if someone put something I have made in some codebases.

*If you are applying as a coder, How long have you been coding and how well do you understand it?

I learnt HTML in about 5 hours, that was quite a few years ago. I have experience creating code in order to work in conjunction with mapping (I was mapping ss13 at some point, dont remember when) It's also the reason why I'm so familiar with atmospherics and the power-net in SS13.

*If you are applying as a coder, What codebase are you familiar with?

TG,Bay

*If you are applying  as a mapper, How long have you been a Mapper and how well do you understand it?

I am both experienced with creating maps outside of SS13 (Hand-Drawn environment examples: AKA Concept art >Trying to be a concept artist<) and making maps within the SS13 Engine.

*If you are applying as a spriter, How long have you been a Spriter and how well do you understand it?

I know a lot about spriting. I have probably been spriting for over half of my entire life, I know a lot of different styles including ones not suitable for space station 13

Print this item