Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,181
» Latest member: Thomashon
» Forum threads: 2,007
» Forum posts: 5,232

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 134 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 134 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
Greetings, make sure to k...
Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion)
Last Post: JasmineDaw
04-06-2024, 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
zergkings covvie whitelis...
Forum: Recruiting Citadel
Last Post: BDpuffy420
03-17-2024, 11:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 86
UNSC REDACTED File 3001
Forum: Finished Applications
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 91
Whitelist Application - U...
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 128
WL Application
03-17-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 269
covvie app
03-09-2024, 11:48 PM
» Views: 114
Application for the Great...
03-02-2024, 09:30 PM
» Views: 106
UNSC Application
02-18-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 268
Covenant and shipmaster w...
Last Post: ODSTMedicMain
02-16-2024, 02:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
Open Community Meeting Re...
Forum: Section II (Announcements)
Last Post: zathonyttsz7102
02-14-2024, 08:31 PM
» Views: 3,246

Gamemode Suggestion
Posted by: Hazel - 04-17-2018, 12:04 PM - Forum: Server Suggestions - No Replies

This is a little bit of a supply juggling and pushing gamemode. The basic principle is that the halo mufrine guys push insurrectionists on the planet.

The insurrectionists would essentially have a base on the planet that can be continually upgraded throughout the game whilst the muhrines must juggle there own supplies and push as much as possible to take over the insurrectionist base.

(Collect materials from the colony, maby the insurrectionists can do this too? Maby they have supply dumps over the city?)

The main point the insurrectionists have is a supply tick (Like a supply console, numbers go up overtime and you can buy stuff)

(Halo guys would have this too, but would only be able to buy weapons, tools and such)

Maby set a weapon that can fire upon the usmc ship as very expensive and at the very end whilst also having things like turret emplacements and mines and tripwires... all that kind of stuff that can be used to defend a base.
(Maby have a security system that can be activated by putting a power cell or core in a certain area?)

the usmc essentially has to break down the insurrectionists before that happens, maby activate a self-destruct system in the insurrectionist base?

i imagine if its like that muhrines would just rush to the location every round. so maby have like 3 possible locations and all of them need to be scouted out?

The main problem with this as is I guess is the fact that people would die quite quickly, so maby have a cyrosleep system where insurrectionists can bring up cyropods with people in them and the muhrines can just respawn with somewhat ease, but run out of guns and ammo (Hense constantly ordering things like ammo, weapons, suits in order to continue the assault... with that it would make sense that they would need to gather materials from the planet to put in some kind of fabricator)

Regarding the lack of supplies i have no idea in the lore aspect of things. small ship maby? just got out of conflict?

thats my basik idea anyway.

Not proofread (: Cant be asked. Tongue

Print this item

Make Innie IDs just Colonist IDs, but give them another identifier, like an armband
Posted by: driecg36 - 04-17-2018, 04:01 AM - Forum: Server Suggestions - No Replies

It's a bit odd that the URF would just stamp "Insurrectionist" right there, on their ID. Not only does it not really make sense icly, but I think that RP would be vastly improved, as well as the ROE more strictly followed, if URF spawned in with Colonist IDs.

However, they would need something to recognize each other. In comes the bright red URF armband/headband, which can naturally be removed. This, on top of their armor/uniform, would allow them to be easily recognizable by their compatriots in a heated fight. 

I think it would add a lot of depth to the game if marines had to actually search, interrogate, or detain colonists to find out if they really were URF or not. This would go far to bolster the "guerilla" aspect of the URF, while still not making them completely indistinguishable from regular colonists. Sure, they can disguise themselves among civies, but they can't take anything that doesn't fit in a backpack if they want it to be convincing, and they can't wear any armor.

Right now, I feel like we don't have enough pop to make a convincing colony when the vast majority of it is uniformed URF fighters, which pretty much usually ends up in a protracted tdm in between marines and URF, though perhaps I just haven't played enough rounds on the server to have developed an accurate image.

Anyway, I just want to open this for discussion.

Print this item

Ban Appeal
Posted by: eringracia - 04-17-2018, 01:02 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Your Byond/Ckey Username: Gracimasta

Your character name (if relevant): Jones Reaper

Who were you banned by: Mactoperfuror

Date of ban: 4/16/2018

Length of ban: Does not specify

Full ban reason: Posted unfavorable material in OOC

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: There was a specific character in-game that sounded like an adult male performer. I googled, only to discover it was true. I was making some small jokes before the search about the character's name being funny and almost like an adult male performer. Anyways, some players thought it was funny, so I decided to do personal research. I saw the name was true to a performer and thought it would be funny to show the guys my findings. I did not consider the inappropriate nature of the sight or what would be the repercussions. I swear it was an honest mistake, and I didn't show off any real images, but the profile of the male performer. I understand the severity of this issue and that it crosses the line of the rules the administrative set for the game. I didn't mean for it to be taken in a bad way, but i see the error of my mistake. I have learned from this mistake, and swear to not let it happen again. For anyone I offended, I am sorry. I truly love this Halo server and want to support its healthy future. Thank you for you consideration of my appeal. 

Print this item

UNSC Application - Nicola Whirlow
Posted by: Keromaro - 04-16-2018, 01:57 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (2)

Ckey: Keromaro

Discord name: Some Random Guy #6347

In-character name: Nicola Whirlow

General character info: A normal girl who lives a normal life. She's friendly to people who is nice to her and she's not friendly to people who is not nice to her. She likes to have fun and enjoy her life to the fullest

Which role is your character's main(ex: Technician, Marine, etc):  Marine

Reason for joining: I like the designs of the UNSC and I want to play as UNSC

Print this item

Game mode suggestion: can't think of a name
Posted by: Joe4444 - 04-15-2018, 09:35 PM - Forum: Server Suggestions - No Replies

during the start of the covenant war, the UNSC was struggling against the combined forces of the covenant.Outer colonies were being lost day after day,countless amounts of people were slaughtered.

This GM will be the tale of one of these planets.

the marines will start off in a sort of city, or perhaps a firebase (like sword base from Reach) where news will come of the newest planet lost. The marines will be anxious, awaiting news to see if any of their family members were hurt (if people wanted to act like that, I guess)

not long into the round, Covenant ships will be spotted on a course into the system.

the marines will be informed the planet will be lost, to dig in, and to enact the Cole Protocol. The marines will have to last for 30-45 minutes, wiping data from some nearby outposts aswell as areas in the base like the CC and other areas, wiping the data however will make these areas inoperable, forcing marines to choose if when the right time is to wipe the data and retreat from the area.

once the 30-45 minutes is over, a UNSC fleet will arrive in the area and start to battle the covenant, aswell as giving the marines an area to await evac. Once on board, the marines will retreat off planet onto a UNSC ship, however, if they wait too long, the ship will be disabled, leading to covenant boarders getting onto the ship, leading to another defence
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Covenant would of course, be briefed about the new invasion, having the time before they're announced to gear up and prepare in other ways, perhaps give them some things like ghosts that need repairing etc.

once they get into the area, they could do some things to delay the UNSC fleet, such as disabling a comms relay in the area. Once the planetry assault begins, the task of the covenants is, as you'd expect, to wipe out all the UNSC and to look for valuable data or forerunner artifacts (the UNSC base or city could have one in it, perhaps) and to capture someone with rank, such as the commander.

if the marines wait too long, the covenant could use the ship they used to get down there to also go onto the UNSC ship, this would only open up after a certain time however, similar to the ODST pods on insurrection. Their taks then would be to of course, try to capture the ship, in order to get the location of other planets, ripe for the plunder.

due to it being the outer colony AND due to the war effort taxing special operation units, ODSTs and Spartans will not be present at the base, meaning its only marines, a CO and some corpsmen, as well as the odd engineer or two, which could just be combat engineers, left to defend the base.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marine major victory: the Cole protocol has been put in effect and the marines escaped, the marines have lived to fight another day and thanks to their efforts, humanity has too.

Marine Minor victory: the marines enacted the cole protocol but went down with the base/ship, atleast the location of Earth has not been compromised

Covenant Major victory: you destroyed the human defenders and managed to get the data they were trying so desperately to defend, more worlds are now ripe for the taking!

Covenant Minor Victory: the humans have been destroyed but they managed to wipe the data! 

this GM is very much about the early war, and how humanity did whatever they could to slow the covenant down and keep earth safe, the marines should hopefully go for a tale of loss in this GM, losing marine after the marine to the covenant forces, due to this and due to the fact it wouldn't really make sense as to why marines would pop out of nowhere on the base, I think it'd be bad for respawning to be active for the marines, however this is up to the developers in the end.

The Covenant however, are meant to be this unstoppable force, so respawning for them would work quite well, killing wave after wave of enemies that don't seem to stop as they whittle you down is always been one of the my main reasons for liking halo, specifically halo Reach.

Print this item

UNSC - 'Fox' (roguenoob)
Posted by: roguenoob - 04-15-2018, 06:30 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Roguenoob

Discord name: Roguenoob

In-character name: Lana Kessenti

general character info:

Lana grew up as the daughter of a local town doctor. As result of the good old rebellious teen years, she choose to run off to the navy join. Finding this not challenging enough she then swapped to the UNSC, not to take lives (if she could help it) but to save them as a combat medic.

Reason for joining : She would have joined the navy, out of spite for her father, but it turned out that being a medic was her true calling.

oocly, always enjoyed the halo setting and its fun to have a server that can hold the RP and the Action side in a good (enough for ss13 standards) setting!

Print this item

Photo Geminus Map
Posted by: Kai.H - 04-14-2018, 07:49 PM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (1)

Evening everyone, I'm working with Chance to get this put on the wikipedia but due to size limitations it won't happen until we're able to get them lifted. In the mean time, here is a map I stitched together of Geminus using 30 photos. P.s, you won't see a ghost in there Wink

[Image: Geminus.png]

Print this item

UNSC application-Kai Holmes
Posted by: Kai.H - 04-14-2018, 04:44 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Kai.H

Discord name: Kai

In-character name: Kai Holmes

general character info: Kai is a Marine fresh in the corp, but is experienced as far as Marine life spans go. Kai enlisted in the Corp at a recruiting station in the city of Mombasa, before the corp Kai was attempting to join the New Mombasa Police Department but with the war against the insurrectionists felt that was a bigger calling. 

Which role is your character's main(ex: Technician, Marine, etc): Marine

Reason for joining: I played a multitude of Halo games in my younger years and thoroughly enjoy SS13. So, what's not to love? I have approx 5 years experience in SS13 with several years of Apollo Station under my belt and having dabbled in Colonial Marines.

Print this item

ODST Application.
Posted by: PWNJimiPWN - 04-14-2018, 03:44 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: PWNJimiPWN

Discord Name: PWNJimiPWN

Character(s): Jimi 'MagVard' Honeycutt

What is your character's intended playstyle?: My characters intended playstyle is a more thick of the battle frontline role inspiring counter attacks and holding ground while putting primary focus on retrieving any downed and critical marines. He is subconsciously trying to inspire and boost morale through graceful combat movements and unwavering courage to those around him. He aims to fill gaps in leadership through his tactical expertise and hard earned experience on the battlefield. He does not lord himself over marines and tends to get along quite well with them.. ( Jimi retains his medical expertise from years prior) His name is Jimi 'MagVard' Honeycutt but he goes by MagVard which in old Norse means Mighty Guardian.

Do you understand that members of this whitelist are held to a higher standard of roleplay?: Yes

Do you understand that if your behavior is deemed inappropriate you will be removed from the whitelist?: Yes

Do you understand that breaking a server rule can remove you from this whitelist permanently?: Yes

Print this item

UNSC Marines ROE. -Cheng Chan
Posted by: ChengChan - 04-14-2018, 10:51 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (4)

* Based on my observation those marines doesn't really know the roe yet. Some of company officer,seargent,sl just went on the colony without annoucing on system radio. Some people of colony are panicking. 

* Firing an civilian directly with a gun without asking or targeted for it or showing there ID. Marine needs to engage unless someone shooting at them. 

* Marines are panicking when they saw URF and shot at them without targeting or asking. 

* Some marines won't follow the orders of high command or high rank officers they just do what they want and ignore the radio. That's a pretty disrespectful or insult for a high officers for not following those orders. 

* Marines have no respect anymore breaking the armory room even there is a officers. Marines known to be disciplined but on my observation only few are. 

* Bringing a dangerous gun without declaring a active war zone yet and sometimes they keep holding it while they're checking the colony. Unless they find a way to put on the dufflebag(anti-tank missile), and srs at the back cause some marines keep holding on it. 

UNSC Pilot: Cheng Chan.

Print this item