Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,181
» Latest member: Thomashon
» Forum threads: 2,007
» Forum posts: 5,232

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 91 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 90 Guest(s)
Bing

Latest Threads
Greetings, make sure to k...
Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion)
Last Post: JasmineDaw
04-06-2024, 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 42
zergkings covvie whitelis...
Forum: Recruiting Citadel
Last Post: BDpuffy420
03-17-2024, 11:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 86
UNSC REDACTED File 3001
Forum: Finished Applications
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 91
Whitelist Application - U...
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 129
WL Application
03-17-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 270
covvie app
03-09-2024, 11:48 PM
» Views: 114
Application for the Great...
03-02-2024, 09:30 PM
» Views: 113
UNSC Application
02-18-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 270
Covenant and shipmaster w...
Last Post: ODSTMedicMain
02-16-2024, 02:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
Open Community Meeting Re...
Forum: Section II (Announcements)
Last Post: zathonyttsz7102
02-14-2024, 08:31 PM
» Views: 3,249

Crazylemon's Coder Application
Posted by: Crazylemon - 08-18-2016, 03:42 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (3)

What position are you applying for (Development or Staff)?
Development

How old are you?

Known IC Names Or Ckey:
Ckey: crazylemon

What timezone are you in?
PST

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
I can get on the server on request, but I will probably not hang out on the server - I have schoolwork and other obligations to contend with.

How long have you been playing Space Station 13?
1 year

Have you ever been banned in the past?
No

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
No, only as an official Coder, for Paradise station, and briefly a maintainer.

*If you are applying for development, What skills do you have?( Mapping, coding or spriting etc.) 
Coding

*If you are applying for development, How long have you done Space Station 13 development?
9 months

*If you are applying for development, are you familiar with Git and GitHub?
Absolutely

*If you are applying as a coder, How long have you been coding and how well do you understand it?
6 years, and I understand many programming languages and methods. I am also capable of writing UIs using HTML, CSS and Javascript.

*If you are applying as a coder, What codebase are you familiar with?
Paradise mostly, though a little bit of tg from working with FTLstation

*If you are applying for development, have you made any major contributions to any code bases?

I have:

I am also working on updating the python ByondTools, and am currently working on getting the parser working in hopes of making a compiler that'll beat the time of the official DM compiler by a landslide (10 minute compiles are no fun!) https://github.com/Crazylemon64/ByondToo...fix_parser

I also possess a skype, though I am not on it most of the time, unless I am running on Windows, and I also do not possess a microphone.

Print this item

Registration Fixed
Posted by: bloxgate - 08-18-2016, 01:29 AM - Forum: Section II (Announcements) - No Replies

The reCaptcha on the registration page has been fixed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Print this item

Procedural Asteroids Tech Demo
Posted by: Cael_Aislinn - 08-17-2016, 12:38 AM - Forum: Development - Replies (3)

I made a video to show off the procedural asteroid generation I was working on recently. It runs through the entire algorithm in slow(ish) motion showing off the process from start to finish. Contains Music for Programming Gods of the New Age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QBZ_-JNdTU

Print this item

No Man's Sky
Posted by: BDpuffy420 - 08-08-2016, 08:51 PM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (24)

IT'S HERE BOYS!   No Man's Sky, man I've waited years for this game to come out and now its here in a few hours. Is anyone else going to get this game or has already pre-ordered it?

Print this item

Gamemode Concept: Hidden Infestation
Posted by: Boltersam - 08-01-2016, 10:05 AM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (7)

Concept: Continuation of the Stranded gamemode, where the Marines successfully extracted, but a Flood Infection form managed to hide on the Dropship, this is set on a single large UNSC warship.

The Flood: A player controlled proto gravemind spawns in a maintenance room (randomly) on the ship, and must begin to spread, after picking a host. (From a selection of Marines lounging about, Engineers doing maintenance work, janitors, etcetera. This is chosen when they spawn) 

Upon this, the player Flood learns what the NPC knew, for example, if it was an Engineer, they'd learn the blueprints of the ship, and be able to send Flood attacks through unprotected areas, if a Marine, the ranks of all crew and their departments, and plan accordingly.  

When the Player becomes a Proto-Gravemind, Flood Growth Pods begin to form around them, due to the presence of Flood Spores. With a small alteration of the lore, the Proto-Gravemind has a timer for when a wave of infection forms are released from the pods, which it can direct. Upon infecting enemies, they will turn into Combat Forms. 

Players infected by the Flood retain their sentience, but NPCs are commanded by the Proto-Gravemind (If there is a lack of NPCs to infect, they can be spawned from biomass along with pure forms such as the Carrier). From there, the Flood must attempt to infect the Commander of the ship for their information, and as a secondary objective, the entire ship.

The UNSC: The UNSC is composed of the player crew among the ship, although there are no ODST or Spartans present, and are heading back to a naval station for resupply and repairs. Once they become aware of the Flood presence through cameras or reports, they must attempt to keep the threat away from the Bridge long enough to get reinforcements onboard to quell the threat. Players will have the option of any role on the ship. However, the Commander is able to call in an ODST Prowler hidden in the system. When the Flood are detected, the UNSC must attempt to eliminated the Proto-Gravemind which turns the Flood feral, meaning that they're not ordered to attack anywhere, and simply act on the whims of their AI, making them easier to handle. However, Player Flood retain their intelligence, and can make a new Gravemind with enough bodies, so be careful. Due to the small corridors, vehicles will not be able to be used, however if the Flood breach into the Hangar or wherever the ground vehicles are stored, they have the potential to take them, but you can bring those powerful weapons to bear if that's where the Flood attacks, and push them back.

Flood Victory Conditions: Take control of the Bridge, and add the Commander to the Proto-Gravemind (Commander need not be alive, just the body retrievable).

Minor Victory Condition: Fail to take control of the warship, but manage to take control of X ships in the Hangar and piloted them safely outside of the system to spread the Flood.

UNSC Victory Conditions: Eliminate all major Flood Forms, or reach the naval station in time for reinforcements.

Minor Victory Conditions: Cause the reactor to meltdown, resulting in complete destruction of the ship and the Flood, ensure that no Flood escape.

Print this item

Gamemode Idea: Rebellion
Posted by: bloxgate - 08-01-2016, 08:36 AM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (3)

Just an idea I had the other day while talking to some people in the General Chat.

Concept
As some you may know, the MPs are under the command of the HoS while the marines are under the command of the Captain. In this gamemode one of these two groups will rebel and attempt to take complete control of the ship to deliver it to the insurrection.

The Rebellion
At round start, either the HoS or the Captain will be chosen to lead the rebellion. They and their relevant team will be informed of this fact, the other group will not know initially. The rebels will have 15 minutes to prepare, although they can choose to reveal themselves early. At the end of these 15 minutes, HIGHCOM will message the ship and inform them that an insurrectionist agent has infiltrated the ship as HoS/Captain and may be planning on seizing the vessel. 5 minutes later the crew will be prompted to either choose a side or remain neutral, defaulting to neutral. At 30 minutes into the round the rebels will be given coordinates to take the ship to. If the ship has not reached its destination at 45 minutes a ONI strike team will be sent to the vessel to neutralize the rebellion. After 1 hour, if the ship has not arrived at its destination it will be attacked by another UNSC vessel. After 1.5 hours a minor defeat will be triggered for the rebels if they have not met their objectives.

Victory Conditions:

• Major victory: Killed the loyalists and arrived at the destination.
  • Minor victory: Arrived, but failed to neutralize the loyalists
  • Minor defeat: Failed to arrive at the destination, but survived. (1.5 hours)
  • Major defeat: Rebel team killed.

Print this item

Flood Infection
Posted by: Bulzome - 07-29-2016, 04:22 PM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (5)

At some point I imagine the flood will be added in so I was wondering how will infection for the flood work will it be like in the games they can infect dead Humans or Covenant and sort of " reanimate" them or will it be like Colonial Marines or standard SS13 where if you get facehugged and someone does not pull it off you in time it will infect and eventually if you do not get surgery your character's chest will burst.

Print this item

Vehicle transportation from orbit to ground
Posted by: Bulzome - 07-29-2016, 04:16 PM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (2)

In the games we saw both sides bring down vehicles via dropship. I was wondering if this will be possible to do at some point and whether it depends on the game mode or the ship.

Print this item

Location of Pelicans on The Pillar of Autumn
Posted by: Bulzome - 07-29-2016, 04:12 PM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (1)

So, I was on the test server yesterday trying to familiarize myself with the layout of the ship and I noticed something the Longsword fighters and the Pelicans seemed to be in two different parts of the ship this might just be me because the ship is so big and I am unfamiliar with it but if I am right it just seems inconvenient for players wanting to be a fighter pilot or a Pelican pilot to have to go to two different parts of the ship. So if it is not just me and the location of these are different I suggest at least putting them closer. As I said this could of course just be me and my lack of knowledge of the layout of the ship.

Print this item

How will races be balanced?
Posted by: Boltersam - 07-29-2016, 12:04 AM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (11)

It's a simple question that may have been answered before, but how will they be balanced? Covenant tech is far more advanced than humans, and they have more numerous powerful ground troops by way of Elites. How will the UNSC combat them in naval combat, and without Spartans? The flood are another matter entirely, and would probably be the most balanced, though infection forms might be a bit strong if they can instantly infect NPCs and possibly players.

And a side note, will hand to hand combat differ from regular SS13's? And how?

Print this item