Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username/Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 1,181
» Latest member: Thomashon
» Forum threads: 2,007
» Forum posts: 5,232

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 130 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 129 Guest(s)
Bing

Latest Threads
Greetings, make sure to k...
Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion)
Last Post: JasmineDaw
04-06-2024, 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 40
zergkings covvie whitelis...
Forum: Recruiting Citadel
Last Post: BDpuffy420
03-17-2024, 11:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 86
UNSC REDACTED File 3001
Forum: Finished Applications
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 91
Whitelist Application - U...
03-17-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 129
WL Application
03-17-2024, 11:49 PM
» Views: 270
covvie app
03-09-2024, 11:48 PM
» Views: 114
Application for the Great...
03-02-2024, 09:30 PM
» Views: 113
UNSC Application
02-18-2024, 10:56 PM
» Views: 269
Covenant and shipmaster w...
Last Post: ODSTMedicMain
02-16-2024, 02:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
Open Community Meeting Re...
Forum: Section II (Announcements)
Last Post: zathonyttsz7102
02-14-2024, 08:31 PM
» Views: 3,246

SpessCowboy's Covenant App
Posted by: SpessCowboy - 03-17-2018, 02:34 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (2)

Ckey:Bomboh12

Discord name:NotClickbait#7733

In-character name: Jato 'Vuttinee

general character info: a 7'6 Sangheili who is sometimes bloodthirsty when provoked, he pronounces basically every living being that isn't a covenant "Heretic". He will spare some enemies because he deems them "Unworthy" of fighting.

Reason for joining : I have an interest in the lore and my favorite faction is the Sangheili.

Print this item

Henlo.
Posted by: SpessCowboy - 03-17-2018, 05:51 AM - Forum: Career Service Vita (CSV) - No Replies

I play that nobody know as Thomas Ridges, a bit new to the server so be fair if i screw up twice or once.

Print this item

Wehraboo's UNSC Application
Posted by: Wehraboo - 03-16-2018, 04:58 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Ckey: Bismarck Drei

Discord name: Wehraboo-chan

In-character name: Erika Steiner

general character info: An egotistic peon of the UNSC hailing all the way from the Deutschland, also has acquired an addiction for coffee. 

Reason for joining : Join the navy they said, it will be fun they said. 

Print this item

Server needs some rules.
Posted by: Flaksim - 03-15-2018, 10:01 PM - Forum: The Barracks (General Discussion) - Replies (4)

Innies hitting the frigate in the first five minutes of the round by rushing to the MAC gun and dressing as marines to go murderboning is seriously lame and indefensible from an RP standpoint even. There should be rules against that shit. If it continues unchecked, it'll continue to ruin rounds and devolve into people shooting everyone they see on sight, because half the time they turn out to be hostiles posing as friendlies.

I've seen this happen in every single round I've played on this server thus far, it should be forbidden to rush the MAC and to crossdress en masse to sow confusion in the ranks.
Especially the MAC is bad in the first five minutes, it prevents most marines from spawning in later in the round and messes up those getting ready to drop.

Print this item

Exclamation Open Community Meeting #5 - 3/16/2018 Friday
Posted by: MactoPerFuror - 03-15-2018, 06:17 PM - Forum: Section II (Announcements) - Replies (2)

Public community meeting time is around again folks. Come to the discord voice chat at 9 PM Central Mountain Time. Disrupt with your ugandan knuckles memes at your own risk. Come to hear the staffs plans and directions and have your opinion of them shared. Also some good Q&A time.

Print this item

Rainbow Humanitarian Aid Group
Posted by: Doc - 03-15-2018, 02:00 AM - Forum: Server Suggestions - Replies (3)

A relatively small addition code-wise as far as I'm aware, but would require some spriting and mapping work.

The humanitarian group would be a small, one-role (possibly with sub-roles) "faction" that would not align with any of the other factions in the game. Humanitarian workers would all be at least slightly medically inclined, and would be tasked with providing care to anyone they find or that finds them, be it insurrectionist, marine, police, or colonist (Covenant would necessarily be excluded, considering hardly anyone even knows about them yet, much less how to treat them).

Working off of a small hospital ship that is mostly medbay, with a small engine section, cockpit, and possible 1 or 2 hangars for ambulance pelicans, there would be plenty of medical supplies and all of the equipment that would be needed to bring back anyone that could possibly be brought back. Care could include anything from bandaging a bleeding wound, to providing food and water, to emergency surgical intervention or cardiac resuscitation.

Humanitarian workers would not be using weapons in any way, shape, or form, unless things go seriously and horribly wrong (such as a Flood attack), as not only do they make themselves a possible enemy to other factions, they by extent make any of their co-workers a possible enemy, a massive no-no that ruins their neutral position. If you want to be a non-aligned doctor but have the option to start blasting one side, be a colony doctor instead.

Thanks to this neutral-ness, other factions should generally be treating humanitarian workers nicely or at least letting them do their thing, as long as they're not getting in the way. This is, of course, "generally," and morally questionable plans or circumstances could change this, but the entire point of the group is to be treating anyone they can.

OOCly, this is quite nice as, most of the time, if you are shot into crit by an enemy, there's hardly any chance you'll be rescued unless you're found by an extraordinarily nice enemy doctor, or your faction manages to recover you to treat you. With the addition of this group, not only there a role that will be there to treat you regardless of your side, they should both be actively seeking you out and be allowed to treat you, increasing the likelihood of returning to the round without having to respawn.

ICly, humanitarian workers are another slice of the "what's going to go horribly wrong this time?" wheel. Perhaps the colony MAC begins firing on the hospital ship, and no one's sure who's manning it- the URF blames the UNSC, and the UNSC blames the URF. An insurrectionist infiltrates the UNSC frigate and begins firing its MAC at the hospital ship to make the UNSC look bad. Either side could even demand the humanitarian group stop treating the opposite side, and retaliate against them if they didn't, if they wanted to go that far.

Print this item

Total Campaign Rework
Posted by: Outboarduniform - 03-15-2018, 01:52 AM - Forum: Server Suggestions - No Replies

Concept: Have you ever been annoyed at how undynamic the rounds are ? It's completely disorganized and leads to points of random autism. From URF members simply shooting up each other to The Police just KoS'ing The URF for existing, it get's somewhat tiring. This is a complete rework to turn the Game into an actual campaign to take the city. Many suggestions and individuals seem to think this is a deathmatch only server, which is not true.

Phases: The Campaign begins with multiple Phases before eventually leading up to Conventional and Open Warfare between the URF and UNSC. The colonists, of course, are stuck in the middle of the clusterfuck. Of course, we'll need enforced ingame rules and a bit of a higher RP standard for this to occur. There may also need to be terrain changes to accommodate to the URF, as well as an expanded Colony.  

Phase 1:

UNSC: Non Existant

CMA: A Platoon or so of CMA Militia, subservient to the Planetary Government and somewhat of a National Guard

URF: A Squad or so of Guerillas hiding out in the mountains. There will be a squads worth of an Urban cell as well, operating in plain sight within the colony. The URF will distribute leaflets, attempt to bribe officials, try to gain political support, etc. Sometimes Forced Coercion is required, especially with gaining Police and City Council Support

Colonists: There will be a city council with multiple officials of multiple government outposts. Chief of police, etc. Most colonists are not yet sympathetic to the URF, but they are mostly disgruntled with The UNSC's and the CAA's/CMA's handling of Colonial Policy. The council will decide policy and sometimes are forced to make drastic and very unpopular decisions at command of the Planetary Governor. 

Phase 2:

UNSC: A Platoon of Marines arrive to help with the ongoing crisis within the city.

CMA: Still The 'National Guard', The Arrival of the UNSC may spark some unsaid sympathies. 

URF: It is assumed at this point that the URF has major clout within the city and in the politics of it. Numerous Colonists have formed independent cells and the guerillas hiding in the outskirts/jungle/mountains have drastically increased their numbers. Terrorist bombings, extortion, kidnapping, ambushes of Government Troops - Nothing is off limits so long as it's unconventional warfare.

Colonists: There is no more such thing as moderation now. Either you support the URF, or you support the UNSC. Loyalist paramilitary groups form from citizens unwilling to see the URF terrorists in control, terrorism is now used by both sides

Phase 3:

UNSC: A Frigate, an ODST assault group and a Marine Regiment arrive to quell the now planetary crisis.

CMA: Absorbed into the UNSC

URF: Having complete control of the colony, it is now open and conventional warfare. bolstered by militia, guerillas, and even CMA defectors, they are a force to be reckoned with. they even managed to get their hands on some MAC cannons.....

Colonists: Evacuated - The City is a warzone

The Outcome of Phase 3 will determine the fate of the entire planet. 

Print this item

HALO: SPACE STATION EVOLVED BAN APPEAL
Posted by: LongTittyTyrone - 03-15-2018, 12:30 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

Your Byond/Ckey Username: LongTittyTyrone

Your character name (if relevant):Gaylin cappielo

Who were you banned by: bdpuffy420

Date of ban: 2018-3-14

Length of ban: 4320 minutes

Full ban reason: EORG

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: previously before rules got better people regularly went on a killing spree at the credits (signifying the end of a round) this went unmanaged I assume and now that there are more admins you don't want that. I was just doing a killing spree at the end of round and I got banned I'm sorry and its understandable why I got banned but I didn't know the rule was now all of a sudden being enforced.

Print this item

Chance's Staff App
Posted by: Chance - 03-13-2018, 09:38 PM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (1)

What position are you applying for (Development or Staff)?
Staff

How old are you?

Known IC Names Or Ckey:
Akoy
Parker Rowley
Urexo Riyu Nepo

Discord Name? (The projects preferred chat application):
Chance

What timezone are you in?
US, Eastern

How active can you be?
Varying, can be 24/7 to a few hours.

How long have you been active within the Space Station 13 community?
Off/On for 3-4 years

Do you have a history of bans?
None

Do you have any past experience as server staff/moderation?
I have extensive experience as staff on other games 5+ years to be exact, however I have never administrated for SS13.

*If you are applying for moderation, Describe what you think is the most important in moderation.
There are several important factors of moderation but I believe the key ones are the ability to read and understand a situation, staying cool and collected under pressure and the ability to make administrative decisions without bias.

Print this item

Caryl's UNSC Application
Posted by: Bernhaben - 03-13-2018, 08:17 AM - Forum: Finished Applications - Replies (3)

Ckey: Caryl

Discord name: Caryl

In-character name: Caryl Bernhaben

general character info: Having been born in Harvest, Caryl lived a reasonable life from his Military Officer parents. Joining the UNSC during his prime, he is now assigned aboard the UNSC Heaven Above to deal with Insurrections within the United Earth Government's Interior Rim Colonies.

Reason for joining : I always hated playing as an Insurrectionist, I also hate rebels in real life more-so. I'm more of a Government-Side type of guy. As well as being able to play as ODST when you join the UNSC, Being a force that is responsible for keeping peace in the colony is also a nice faction to play on.

Print this item