Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honour Guard Application
Ckey: Archivator

Discord name: Archivator#1839

Character Names: Sesa 'Mozumee (Sangheili); Pazal (Unggoy); Kib (Kig'Yar Ruuhtian).

How long have I been in the faction: since the november of the last year.

Do I understand the restrictions placed upon the Honour Guard: yes, I understand that their primary concern is the prophets' safety.

Do I understand that Honour Guard is not above the Covenant law: yes, it is taken.

Do I understand that I can be removed from whitelist at any time even for actions out of the game: yes.

Situation:
"Your fellow Honour Guard has been killed, as well as your prophet, by a human. You saw the human do this and follow him to find a group of humans. After engaging, you manage to kill the offending human, but the others manage to retreat where you could easily follow. What do you do next?"
Since I killed the offender that has murdered whom I was protecting, thus having my honour renewed even a bit, I decide to leave and regroup with the main Covenant forces for being assigned to a new person of importance, with the aim to not fail this task like I did the previous one.

Why I should be whitelisted: I grew to be very fond of this faction from all the time I have been in it, and I am very interested in taking some roles that are a bit different. I am interested in such role which purpose is to guard an important person, while having some honourary status. It is possible for me to put my mind into how a Guard would be thinking, and I think it would make for interesting possible interactions both with VIP's and other Covenant forces.
Thanks for the time and effort put into this app. It looks good, for the most part. Now I'll go over what you did wrong (don't worry, no biggie). You misunderstood the "situation" bit. It's purpose is not to describe the background of your character as a Honour Guard. Besides, it is incorrect. If you were to be spawned ingame as a Honour Guard, you'd be given a new task, a new VIP to protect. You wouldn't be there to pursue an old, forgotten and failed task.

Please edit your application as follow:

Quote:Situation:

Your fellow Honour Guard has been killed, as well as your prophet, by a human. You saw the human do this and follow him to find a group of humans. After engaging, you manage to kill the offending human, but the others manage to retreat where you could easily follow. What do you do next?
(Just replace your character background with the question above and answer it.)

Once that is done, if the answer is correct, I see no reason to delay this application and it'll be accepted.
(03-19-2020, 08:11 PM)Koenigsegg Wrote: Thanks for the time and effort put into this app. It looks good, for the most part. Now I'll go over what you did wrong (don't worry, no biggie). You misunderstood the "situation" bit. It's purpose is not to describe the background of your character as a Honour Guard. Besides, it is incorrect. If you were to be spawned ingame as a Honour Guard, you'd be given a new task, a new VIP to protect. You wouldn't be there to pursue an old, forgotten and failed task.

Please edit your application as follow:

Quote:Situation:

Your fellow Honour Guard has been killed, as well as your prophet, by a human. You saw the human do this and follow him to find a group of humans. After engaging, you manage to kill the offending human, but the others manage to retreat where you could easily follow. What do you do next?
(Just replace your character background with the question above and answer it.)

Once that is done, if the answer is correct, I see no reason to delay this application and it'll be accepted.
I actually did it as an answer, but I see that it is nonetheless incorrect. I will edit it.

Besides, wasn't the format thread mentioning that Honour Guard must kill those who killed the target they were protecting before being assigned for a new target?
Accepted.

Yes, an Honour Guard must kill the murderer of their assigned VIP, at the cost of their life if it comes to that. Only then, they may choose to guard another important Covenant asset. (SM, the Flagship, etc) Otherwise you can commit suicide, that's entirely up to you.
However the role has been disabled and it is impossible to play it in normal rounds (except OP-RF). However, if an event is hosted and it involves HGs, you might get a ping stating that we are looking for volunteers.