• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erich Bishop ban Appeal
Your Byond/Ckey Username: Kittyhawkpilot019

Your character name (if relevant): Erich Bishop

Who were you banned by: Allakai

Date of ban: 6/9/2019

Length of ban: 1 week

Full ban reason: https://imgur.com/VLgRqhY

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: This is my first (known to me) offense that the admins have taken on me, no notes prior to this event, just a straight up no warning 1 week ban.

I go AFK on vt-9 to do some irl things, i come back and 5 minutes after that i get a blaring message that the colony is being glassed, so I head to the umbilical to see if  the covenant are in docking range, and they were, so I crossed through the umbilical and waiting around ~4 minutes before taking any action. I head east, hacking doors until i got to an elite major on the glassing beacon, I head east to hack a door behind the elite, but the firing stops so i assumed he went west. So i bolt any doors between me and the elite. as i am now in the  engineering area with 2 wraiths in it, there are around ~5 doors to look at.And one of  them is conveniently labeled "atom bomb storage" or something similiar. So i go in, and activate the atom bomb. Like our objectives state we are supposed to aswell as ROE states using the atom bomb is fine.
erich
(06-09-2019, 10:48 PM)KittyHawkpilot019 Wrote: "atom bomb storage" or something similiar. So i go in, and activate the atom bomb. Like our objectives state we are supposed to aswell as ROE states using the atom bomb is fine.

Nice try but you as a human would not be able to read the location of doors on a Covenant ship, especially by yourself and with no help via the use of a synthetic or anything else. You simply silently ran in, not only solo'ing the ship by yourself but also using a Covenant vehicle to escape. Which... is against RoE to use...
That weird admin people know for doing mildly silly events with some normal ones too.

[Image: unknown.png]
(06-09-2019, 10:57 PM)Allakai Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 10:48 PM)KittyHawkpilot019 Wrote: "atom bomb storage" or something similiar. So i go in, and activate the atom bomb. Like our objectives state we are supposed to aswell as ROE states using the atom bomb is fine.

Nice try but you as a human would not be able to read the location of doors on a Covenant ship, especially by yourself and with no help via the use of a synthetic or anything else. You simply silently ran in, not only solo'ing the ship by yourself but also using a Covenant vehicle to escape. Which... is against RoE to use...

honestly at this point i'll take the punishment for using the escape pod. but the door deosnt matter, its labeled atom bomb storage either way. not to mention the fact that this ban wouldnt happen if dchat wasnt full of salt.
erich
Not entirely. It is meta knowledge of rushing something to entirely put an entire faction of the game. You seem to have the habit of doing this kind of stuff of rushing factions to solely win. I have seen you over several rounds doing this kind of thing. May it be trying to get as close as possible to the URF base when it still existed to use boarding pods is a good example. I'm going to think on this one as I do not think you realize that you are meta gaming when it comes to knowing things your character would not ICly know.
That weird admin people know for doing mildly silly events with some normal ones too.

(06-09-2019, 11:06 PM)Allakai Wrote: Not entirely. It is meta knowledge of rushing something to entirely put an entire faction of the game. You seem to have the habit of doing this kind of stuff of rushing factions to solely win. I have seen you over several rounds doing this kind of thing. May it be trying to get as close as possible to the URF base when it still existed to use boarding pods is a good example. I'm going to think on this one as I do not think you realize that you are meta gaming when it comes to knowing things your character would not ICly know.

so you're saying finding the enemy base after wandering, and risking your own ship to attempt a boarding is entirely metagaming? Even so this is offtrack of the appeal.
erich
Alright. After some debating and thinking I'm going to go ahead and lift the ban; however, you will be under heavily close watch.

Locking thread and moving to finished. Your ban will be lifted soon.