Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aroliacue's Shipmaster Job Ban
HALO: SPACE STATION EVOLVED BAN APPEAL FORUM

Your Byond/Ckey Username: Aroliacue

Your Discord Username: Aroliacue#1911

Your character name (if relevant): Ryto 'Volirai

Who were you banned by: SharkLordSatan (I think, I SSD'd as soon as I died but they're the one that messaged me when I returned)

Date of ban: 23/01/2022

Length of ban: Indefinite(?)

Full ban reason: Committing suicide as leadership role (Shipmaster)

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: By the point I had committed suicide, the CRS had had half its atmosphere breached, we had lost the main bomb and the backup Slipspace Core bomb was what I assumed at the time to be missing on a Spirit, and all of our breaching pods/second Spirit were either used or destroyed. Medbay was completely gone. I was not aware that the Starboard Hangar was depressurized when I went in, and my lungs popped from it. At this point we had failed two attacks with very little progress made, and when I went back to Medbay to get Dexalin, there was apparently an Arbiter.

Now, I was never aware that comitting suicide was job-bannable as it isn't mentioned anywhere in the rules on Discord, and I haven't read over the rules listed in-game to see if it's any different. I was already 'dead' as my lungs were gone and I couldn't fix them without access to the operating room or the medical vendors, and my assumption was that the Arbiter would suffice as a backup Shipmaster (I will admit I was also malding at the time and just wanted to Alt+F4). I was ahealed after my first attempt but I was still not told that suicide was against the rules, and I SSD'd after my second (and successful) attempt.

I rejoined to get messaged by Shark that I was jobbanned from Shipmaster. Now, I never would've done something like this if I was a human as it'd thematically make no sense, but for Sangheili I assumed that my reasoning was good enough to justify it. Had I been told otherwise I wouldn't have attempted. This is entirely a mistake on my part as I should've ahelped it first, but I was seething too hard to think of that.

Messages In This Thread
Aroliacue's Shipmaster Job Ban - by Aroliacue - 01-24-2022, 03:48 AM