Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some thoughts after playing as the Insurrection
After playing as the Innies for some time I have a few minor suggestions to help them play better.

-Rename Insurrectionist Ship Crew to Insurrectionist and rename the current Insurrectionist role to Insurrectionist Base Guard

A lot of time while playing The Thorn has to go dock with the Asteroid to pick up late joiners. The late joiners often pick Insurrectionist (especially if their new) because they think that's the default role for the faction, only to find their stuck on the Asteroid. If there isn't an innie ship crew to move the Thorn at round start but some people went Insurrectionist they have to wait for someone to spawn in as that role or get the admin to move them onto the Thorn so they can play that round. This leads into my other proposed change.

-Add a small shuttle to the Asteroid

As well as the reasons above if the Thorn gets destroyed in the round and late joiners join in on the asteroid, they have to sit around and wait for someone to bored to do anything. This isnt an issue for the UNSC because they have other roles (depot guard, ONI guard,researcher etc), the UNSC can still be present in the round if their ship is destroyed,without a ship on their planets the covenant are eventually likely to show up but the UNSC doesnt always get to the asteroid. The Insurrection are almost entirely removed if the Thorn is destroyed. So I propose to add a very small shuttle on the asteroid, one that has no weapons and can just really bored (or be borded) other ships and to send a team to the surface of planets

-Expand the Armory

The Innies only have 3 weapons to choose from, knock off battle rifle, 2 types of knock of assault rifles and a variety of handguns that all do the same thing. I love the knock off, obsolete feel of the innie weapons but compared to the UNSC, who have a diverse selection the innies are lacking. I suggest to add a civilian shotgun (5 shell capacity, pump action,made of wood) to the weapon pool. Its not unrealistic for them to have shotguns on the Thorn or the asteroid, seeing as their a common civilian owned weapon. It would be easy for them to get a few. Next maybe a blackmarket SMG like an UZI or something that follows the trend of current Innie weapons, such as an obsolete UNSC SMG model. Next move grenades from the locked Heavy Weapons room on the Thorn to the main armory, kinda unfair that in order to use grenade the innies need their ship captain role filled to open the door. Finally add 

-Put more armor around the room full of Plasma contains on the Thorn

A few times now a few hits on the starboard side of the Thorn will open up the Plasma storage room, and the next hit usually breaks open a plasma canister and floods the entire ship with Plasma, and when facing Covenant their next hit will ignite the gas and destroy the entire ship in a short amount of time (lore accurate but not very fun). This doesn't seem to happen on the UNSC ship very often so its a balance suggestion to extend the life of the innie players.

I love playing as the Insurrection. My main character (Jayden Hunt) is the innie ship captain. I love being the underdog rebels, that face an uphill battle the whole round. I would just prefer these quality of life upgrades to them to make them more new player friendly and to help balance things out a tiny bit more.
I think the Shotgun issue can be fixed by adding sawed off shotguns. But you are kind of meant to start with those knock offs and loot unsc stuff for better gear. Hence why we can disguise as marines.
Isaac riker: The urf's Official tech-Priest and the URFC'S Sharpshooter
(01-21-2019, 08:09 AM)Frontline03 Wrote: I think the Shotgun issue can be fixed by adding sawed off shotguns. But you are kind of meant to start with those knock offs and loot unsc stuff for better gear. Hence why we can disguise as marines.

Sawed offs would be nice. The problem with looting for the URF is there are only two targets, Emsville and VT9. If any player choose a role that starts them in those places they will see the URF and the UNSC comes in guns blazing and annihilate the URF because of the better equipment. Maybe the URF should start with a marine disguise kit then to help with the disguising as Marines.
[quote pid='2359' dateline='1548625087']
 The problem with looting for the URF is there are only two targets, Emsville and VT9. If any player choose a role that starts them in those places they will see the URF and the UNSC comes in guns blazing and annihilate the URF because of the better equipment. Maybe the URF should start with a marine disguise kit then to help with the disguising as Marines.
[/quote]

Germinus generally kinda fixed that....But the main thing really is that the URF do not have high end equipment to throw away, Most of their stuff is kinda weaponry anyone can get, same with armour. Commandos are an exception kinda.
Isaac riker: The urf's Official tech-Priest and the URFC'S Sharpshooter