Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Costs of war
My proposal is simple.
No matter what or who you are, The mental strain of killing gets to you in the end.
What I propose is simple, When you kill someone, You lose sanity.
Now I'm not saying if you killed everyone on the bertel you would be seeing the fucking ghost of Christmas past.
I would like a sort of sanity system to increase the realism a bit.
I dont want it to be a case of you killing one unsc and shit goes bad for you

What I want it to be like can be put in a graph like this.
Sanity metre 100
Below 75, The occasional random noise
Below 50, Hearing whispering in the darkness
Below 25,Being generally alone, Being in the dark, You are hearing things like footsteps running, equally creepy stuff.
At zero: Everyone looks like a demon to you, You are constantly seeing hallucinations, The dark that was in a corner has moved a bit towards you, You arent hearing people correctly, You have basically gone insane.
The use of someone like a psychiatrist can help fix this, But slowly...
Now, Say you are a Insurrectionist commando killing unsc soldiers, You arent going to go insane as fast  as you know better, But if you killed a civilian, The strain of doing it is greater.
Heres another list of what I'd like of your sanity to decrease by depending on who you kill
Civilian: 3 sanity points per person
Soldier of opposite force:0.1 sanity points per five.
Soldier of same force: 1 Sanity point per two people.

It would also depend on you too, An orion or Oni(The bastards) Would be less likely to lose sanity over killing a civ....Because they are kinda fucked up(Not the players, Lore wise)

Why I suggested this, This is to discourage RDMERS from going on personal crusades Around the bloody fucking star system like they are doom Guy, It is so you are more careful when attacking somewhere, incase you kill a civilian on a raid on Germinus.IT IS SO YOU THINK BEFORE YOU RAMPAGE.
Isaac riker: The urf's Official tech-Priest and the URFC'S Sharpshooter
Having people be discouraged because they did what the server was built for, mainly killing people, seems like a bad game mechanic to me. Having people go on rampages against civvies means that either A. Civvies need a way to defend themselves (Like holdout pistols or something) B. That the UNSC/URF need to do a better job policing, or C. That person needs a ban. Even if we did implement this that wouldnt stop someone from doing it if theyre dedicated enough.
Also how would sanity apply to religious fanatics like the covvies?
Probably be like an orion depending on what species.
Isaac riker: The urf's Official tech-Priest and the URFC'S Sharpshooter
If this gets put in I want to be a insane sangheili assassin I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with this system, besides that when I play my unggoy I don't know if I'll ever go insane per say because I made my unggoy incapable of deep emotions.