Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIVVIE GAMEPLAY SUGGESTIONS
At the moment, civilians/colonist roles are very bare bones. There's not much to do and no real incentive to do these already limited things. There's also little reason for the URF to takeover the colony, accept for RP reasoning and to fight the UNSC. I'm not sure how many of these things have already been suggested or put up on github.

BASICS
The colony rounds should play like normal SS13 rounds. Miners mine and botanists do botany. They ship their resources off to ONI base on some sort of shuttle. In return, ONI provides the colony with money. This money can be used by mining/botany to improve their equipment/facilities. ONI could use these materials to make extra fancy tech.

This shuttle can be intercepted by URF and the resources can be stolen. Of course we would need to work on something so the URF have more of a motive to steal from it.

ANTAGONIST ROLES
Another threat to the resources shuttle could be pirates, a replacement to raiders.  Pirates could have a certain amount of value they need to steal in order to complete their objective. They could officer their services to the URF for extra payment. However they do risk dying. So making one objective to be steal 100,000 credits worth of items and make sure [X] amounts of pirates survive. This will make it work out like a high risk high reward. UNSC should work to remove the pirates.

I think a conversion of the traitor role into a criminal role would be interesting. Criminal objectives could range from theft to serial killings. Serial killings should make a detective role more prevalent. Under the idea that the serial killer has to kill [X] amount of people in a  certain way. This could lead to detectives trying to figure out the killers next victim. Just as traitors use a PDA or their headset to get traitor goodies, killers should get something to get their goodies. I was thinking of something like a lair. For example, one of the apartments on the colony. They interact with the bed and are given a variety of equipment in accordance to their objective. (Any other crime based objective suggestions appreciated.)

Antag rounds should be enabled by an admin, or determined by the player pop. Having like 5 pirates, a couple URF up against a lone marine can lead to a very unfun experiance, for the Marine that is. Any other Antag suggestions appreciated.  

VIROLOGY

It may also be fun to have virology on both ONI base and the colony. Personally I think It can lead to some interesting moments. For example, a virus breaks out so the colony is put on quarantine by the Bertels. Exports to ONI BASE come to a halt and the colony is on lockdown. ONI would want to cure said virus for the sole reason of getting their supplies where as the colony  want to cure it for obvious reasons. Of course, a virus that warrants both the efforts of ONI base and the colony should have a small chance of spawning or should be admin spawned only.

The difference in facilities of ONI base and the colony should be evident. ONI base should be better, but not to the point where it can be self sufficient as this will render the colony useless.

URF INCENTIVE

URF can also take over the colony for direct control of the it's resources. This gives them an incentive, gameplay wise, to take over the colony. Rewards should vary in how smooth the takeover is.

If the URF succeed in a smooth take over they should be rewarded In some way. Firstly from the colony facilities and secondly from the production of better weapons. (Suggestions for rewards would be great)

However if the take over goes wrong, the colonists should be able to fight back. Passively or violenty. Passively being the colonists just refuse to work.

However say if taxes have been raised by [X] amount and the colonists are unhappy, they should be able to riot until taxes are reduced. Riots could be a more lore friendly version  of revolutions.

Emsville would have to be expanded for this. Firstly the non-lethal options available to the Marshalls and the size of the force itself.

If the riot is quelled with violence, the URF should get a 'manpower boost'. This boost is essentially an ERT of any rioters that were killed. This is to act as a safeguard, preventing UNSC and the Marshalls just gunning down the rioters on sight.

The rioters should also have objectives of their own. Firstly to decrease the taxes and secondly to take over a place of importance. I.e the Marshalls office, Medbay or even a mayor's office. This could lead to some unique face offs between rioters and the Marshalls, assuming the Marshalls don't gun them down on sight.

SIMCOLONY 2530
Another idea I had was the introduction of a fully fleshed out mayor role. The mayor uses money received from exporting goods to ONI to expand and maintain the colonies facilities. For example, the mayor would be responsible for the improvement in medbay's and the Marshalls equipment, improvement in mining equipment. Even the replenishment of and ammo and weapons for the Marshall, replenishment of botany seeds and, the replenishment alcoholic beverages. 

SHOPKEEP MINIGAME
The bartender mini game gave me another idea.

SHOP KEEP MINIGAME - the shop's wares are determined by what the mayor buys, or what the CCV SLOW BUT STEADY BRINGS IN. The shopkeeper must simply sell their wares to NPC customers.

SPACE CREW ROLES 
(NO IDEA, GIVE SUGGESTIONS.)

Any suggestions/improvements are appreciated. I'm hoping that the ideas improve the diversity in gameplay for those that seek action and appeals more to those looking for a somewhat more normal ss13 experience. 

Some of the ideas i gave are also underdeveloped. If you need clarification on anything feel free to ask.
Good ideas. This is actually already part of the plan for the overmap dev arc which is starting in January.
You could make the colony a neutral ground for urf and unsc unless the mayor works with one or the other
Isaac riker: The urf's Official tech-Priest and the URFC'S Sharpshooter
The roles for the space crew could vary from salvage to just miner or they could have a little xeno bio lab transferring exotic specimen from a select location, just wanted to give my view.