• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Ban 2
Your Discord Username: Spider_Psycho#5789

Your character name (if relevant):

Who were you banned by: Maxattacker 

Date of ban: 5/10/2018

Length of ban: Permanent

Full ban reason: Arguing

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: Simply put, I won't argue on the Discord again. Debates about the game itself will remain in the Github when its about suggestions. I won't insult anyone on the Discord ever and stick to talking mainly to Coders and Covenant players.

If I'm let back into the server my intent would be mainly to continue supplying sprites for the server as I want to have more things for the Covenant side as I enjoy playing the covenant side and want to see it improve, and I assume that's what the devs are intending to do. I will cease conversing with other players as that is the root of my issues and violations. I do not have the same interactions with Covenant players and Devs thus far. There's no reason for me to "throw the middle finger" once I'm back as I'd be banned again permanently and I wouldn't be able to converse with Covenant players or the dev team to get things added. Additionally, it would be impossible for me to "throw the middle finger" because I wouldn't be conversing with the people I have problematic reactions with.
You did not input a reason why you should be unbanned, nor did you share any details regarding your appeal. Either way, I'm pretty sure none of us shows any interest in a lurker. This is a community and nobody should be left aside, unless that is your wish, but I don't see how that would help your case.

I feel like there is a bit of introspection to be done on your side. Debating and discussing is not forbidden by the rules. However, the way you did might be wrong. You are simply convinced that it was and thus believe otherwise.

Now this: >I won't insult anyone on the Discord ever and stick to talking mainly to Coders and Covenant players.
It doesn't sound like you seek to improve but skirt around the problem and avoid it, at best. If you do not want to improve and recognize that you were at fault, this situation will occur once again. I'm not talking for the rest of the staff, merely providing my POV on your ban appeal.
We have discussed it and decided that we will limit this ban to a month. However there is two conditions you have to meet, the first being, you have to properly rewrite your "Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned:" into something more appropriate. Our aim is to remove shitters, we need convinced you are not going to be like every other asshole who would rather throw the middle finger as soon as it is lifted. aight? Yes, I am asking you to throw that stubborn pride into the garbage for a short timespan. I would suggest taking Koen's advice on this in regards to correcting it. It is unappealable as it stands. You get it wrong again, we will make you just do it again.

Secondly, You have to resist the urge to talk down to/about people, its okay to THINK down on em, just do not say it, ok? I get it, everyone around you is an idiot, but that is just how people are. You gotta learn to work with it. Self improvement for you would definitely start at this particular point. Your reactions to people are more problematic and slows things down then the very things that have annoyed you to get to this point. If you said everything you did but left out the catty comments at the end of everything you said, all of this might have been avoided. Arguing can be healthy, but it has to be done in a healthy way.

As a community, we don't want to silence people so much as we want us to all get along and enjoy a good game of spaceman. We as the staff already shoulder the burden of the stress and shit so you do not have too. All you gotta do is not insult people, even in a catty passive aggressive way.
This is more me silencing myself. I've come to my own conclusion that the best thing for me to do is to speak only to devs and covenant players. Devs because I want to help the development side of things by supplying sprites when asked, and covenant players since I haven't had any issues with them. I don't see any point conversing with anyone else since it seems to keep getting me into trouble. It benefits me because it lets me have access to the server and lets me speak to the devs, use the bot and converse with other players, and it benefits you by having me not cause trouble whilst giving my little tidbit sprites to the server.

So in short, there would be no problematic reactions because there would be no way for me to start an argument to have problematic reactions. So yes, your second requirement will be met by me not conversing with people the way I used to.
With no attempt at self improvement or any attempt at trying to move forwards just puts US at risk. Unless this mental gymnastics you are pulling off is changed, this appeal is still garbage. As it is just repeating the original statement, just wordier. Try again.
How do you want me to self improve or attempt to move forwards? I'm outright not going to converse with the people I had arguments with, and that means I'm not going to have arguments. No one can just snap their fingers and instantly become friends with people they're dislike intensely. If someone was being bothered by someone else, you'd force them to be friends instead of just having them ignore each other? Can you outright just tell me what you want me to do?
I have been clear as sunshine about it. If you wish to be this stubborn, then I am forced to with great sadness, to deny this appeal and retract the 1 month offer. Feel free to submit a new appeal no less then 1 week from this appeal.

[Image: HRkq3iM.png]