Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Covenant Problems
First I'm going to address why the covenant players believe ODSTs are overpowered.

As the ODST side is concerned they were picked for their skills, so they are generally robust, the Armour is a bit stronger than the normal marine Armour but is not that op. For the covenants we either miss or their armour is actually overpowered, so in short we need something to combat the overpowered odsts as they are hell bent trained to be robust.

Secondly according to my knowledge we don't have leadership or any advanced units at this point in time.

Right now the problem with Covenants is that we have no leadership, we do at some points but not much to actually combat forces. as now in First Contact we should be more threatening considering in lore we are quite a advanced faction. It would be great if we could receive training in leadership and in combat.

Lastly, due to most of the complaints ive seen also because of odsts, we need training.

ODSTs have training, or they learn off their robust pals, i believe we should be balanced and receive training as we never use formations or good tactics.

Thank you for reading this post, suggestions and feedback would be welcome.

Sibg
[Image: sig_civie_sibg.png?width=400&height=76]
It is perfectly doable to host training sessions for the covenants. It would help people learn what and / or how to do some stuff. Give some tips, and so on and so forth.

The Sangheili, for instance, do have Warrior Crèches and Legions. The former is meant for younger Sangheilis that crave for combat and feel the urge to gather honor. The latter is much more like the equivalent of a fireteam / squad, therefore more experienced Sangheilis, etc. At least, it is if I recall correctly.

Such sessions could help make bonds between players, thus leading to the creation of a warrior crèche / legion, there is a huge potential but the core idea here and, by far, the most interesting, is to indeed train the covenant players. However, it would be better to work on a 'program' rather to shove a few players on a map and tell them to fight to death. I believe it would have to be more subtle than that. But that's my opinion, there.
I'd love to get some organised training going; Not just for us, but also for the innies and the UNSC grunts. Everyone could do with a little practise in a controlled-ish environment. I personally believe that the reason ODSTs do so well against covvies is because there's a large gap in skill.
Yhea, the Covenant have the equipment and the stats to do some serious work, yet they struggle to do it. Having training for the Covenant (less-so marines, but they're important too) will seriously make them a WHOLE lot more threatening, without actually having to buff them.