Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic wins, epic fails, and general stupidity
Big Grin 
Eyup, it's about time this server has one of these threads. Post your best moments - may be the time you stood alone against the flood! Post your worst moments, like that time you "Accidentally" released Phoron while trying to fuel a ship. Funny? Do that too, could just be particularly funny banter between players. Anything you feel like has a reason to be here likely does, so go ahead and post away!

The URF is the best faction!

I also suppose I should go first.

A round I don't think I'll forget about for a while was the time everything went so well up until it didn't.

I was playing as Johnny Reno, as I usually do, and we were getting ready for a raid on VT9. All the cards were in our hands, this round was going so well. We had a medical bay on the Comet, a forward operating base was being set up on the ground, and we were all high off the kill from taking down a Spartan who tried to rush us with a Magnum. The only issue is that everyone else was lollygagging on the ship, and I was down setting up defenses on the planet by myself. It's all going well until this big ass round hits me square in the chest, likely from an SRS99 given the trail it made. I sat there for a moment, trying to call for help but -

>Comms down.

So, I tried to shoot in the direction of the shot, mostly in vain of course because good luck using the double barrel shotgun at distance, even with slugs. Eventually, I fell over into crit and soldiers poured out of the Comet to begin the attack. They were ambushed and all killed because I couldn't warn them a trap was being sprung on us. 

TL;DR, My refusal to wear body armor cost my entire team the round because I couldn't run to the Comet to warn the others that Sniperman Roofcamps McGee was on the roof and that two more Oni soldiers were just around the corner. 

Still, I refuse to give up the trench coat and cowboy hat. It's like an icon at this point.

See you, space cowboy.
This one round on Geminus back in the day I decided to do an event by making guns illegal for colonist to own and of course it ended in tear, like the mayor was holding an anti-gun rally when all of sudden he was shot and killed at his rally by a urf sympathizer in the crowd. it was so funny to watch.
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]
Way back when the only gamemode was ODST vs Innie TDM, things were going quite well for our ODSTs.

With everyone being unused to the map, the superior equipment of the ODSTs provided for easy and quick victories. Naturally we all got quite complacent with being able to rush through all the innies defenses and go straight for the nuke we were supposed to detonate. Unfortunately the innies soon caught on to our tactics: as we ran up the primary hallway, a solid line of innie troops with several SAWs opened up on us. We had 2 players down in 5 seconds, and were forced to retreat.

A grueling battle occurs for control of the hallway. I do my best to make use of our then new UNSC medpacks with (then new) biofoam and all that nice stuff. Several minutes in, our squad leader staggers out of a storage room and collapses: his aorta has been punctured by a bullet. Acting quickly, I administer massive doses of biofoam, only for him to have a heart attack.

[Image: a3e0149faca027cecbdb1999da55dab7.png]

Turns out @XO-11 had added an overdose amount of 20 to biofoam. We killed our team commander using a medkit.
--bloxgate
[Image: 76561198022559245.png]
The guy who's hosting the forums, and does some coding too.
(08-24-2018, 09:37 PM)BDpuffy420 Wrote: This one round on Geminus back in the day I decided to do an event by making guns illegal for colonist to own and of course it ended in tear, like the mayor was holding an anti-gun rally when all of sudden he was shot and killed at his rally by a urf sympathizer in the crowd. it was so funny to watch.

You should have told of your battle between you and Desolane on geminus.
I was playing ONI Guard once, normal round with nothing happening when all of a sudden, our gate is gone and there's an innie with a Scorpion. Luckily our boy the WULF was there with a mech and beat it's ass, both of their respective vehciles destroyed but we merked em.
Later that same round, an unggoy and his human mate come in with guns blazing, the human is turned to shreds by the confetti maker and I take a needle but live. We down the unggoy and I cuff and leg it to below ground to capture 'em. Issue is the unggoy kept trying to escape after I told it not to. So I hit it in the face and..
Accidentally broke it's skull.

Later on that same round again, Johnny the cowboy commander comes in and I capture em, ( nice guy ) we interrogate in the canteen but somehow an innie got in and locked us out. This researcher fucking rips off a turret and busts through a window. I kill one innie and our boy wulf gets merked. They escape and round ends feelsbad.
Don't be dong.
I was playing an ODST SL once.
Calm round on the thorin, have two other troopers and some ship crew on, nothing much happening.
We decide to go for the fuel depot and get some medkits. So Me and my ODST's board a pelican and fly down.
Upon landing in the fuel depot hangar all is quiet, so I casually stroll towards the actual storage area when an innie appears down the ladder.

I'm surprised and hesitate, the innie immediately opens fire but misses me and punctures a phoron tank instead.
I duck into a hallway and seal the door, suddenly the phoron ignites into a massive explosion and fire. Turns out one floor up in the open hangar bay an innie was smoking a cigarette, igniting all the phoron when it reached him.

That round the entire URF team slaughtered themselves by virtue of an itchy trigger finger and one smoker.
(09-05-2018, 11:22 AM)Flaksim Wrote: I was playing an ODST SL once.
Calm round on the thorin, have two other troopers and some ship crew on, nothing much happening.
We decide to go for the fuel depot and get some medkits. So Me and my ODST's board a pelican and fly down.
Upon landing in the fuel depot hangar all is quiet, so I casually stroll towards the actual storage area when an innie appears down the ladder.

I'm surprised and hesitate, the innie immediately opens fire but misses me and punctures a phoron tank instead.
I duck into a hallway and seal the door, suddenly the phoron ignites into a massive explosion and fire. Turns out one floor up in the open hangar bay an innie was smoking a cigarette, igniting all the phoron when it reached him.

That round the entire URF team slaughtered themselves by virtue of an itchy trigger finger and one smoker.

AH. GOD DAMNIT. I was that smoker, I remember all of this. I managed to crawl into a side room before dying of the heat. Smoking kills!
This one round as a researcher, the research director and I both had the same goal, create an Orion, and we both did it. Although the resultes were very different

First off I planned to make an Orion out of a monkey, while he wanted a normal Orion(he still approved my project of making a SuperMonkey), I decided to use my blood to make human limbs and prosthetic feet, and a prosthetic hand, after it was done, it was time for augmented organ transplants. Luckily it all went fine, So the last step was gearing him up, I gave him an Orion Carbine(I was forced to give him a BR instead to not waste the gun) a signaler thingy, a breath mask, and an ODST backpack. Everything looked good for Monkey(889)
pic of him: http://prntscr.com/lp51t7

Now it was time for his first mission as a guard( by this time we got an actual ONI guard and the Director made him an Orion). He was a great guard watching out for any dangers, so I gave him some Monkey friends (http://prntscr.com/lp57op)

All was going well for Monkey(889), until the Innies Arrived, thankfully they ignored the monkey and only killed the stinky Human Orion, so Monkey(889) was now officially the platoon leader, and commander of the UNSC forces on the sector, since the only dude in the Bertels was dead.

But then! the Covvies arrived, and an angry unggoy managed to rip Monkey(889)/John Halo 117(according to some) the Covvies managed to kill his creator(me/Ezekiel Bell)( http://prntscr.com/lp5vfn)
but thanks to the gods Monkey(889) survived up until the Flood invasion, when he was found by a kig-yar and an Elite Minor, now the rest my friends... the rest is history.
You created a monster a monkey with a hand cannon!