Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Deserters - Suggestion
Hey kids, its ya boi with the socks! And I have a suggestion for the Insurrection/URF team! Buckle up and shut up!

Righto, so I've come to the realization that the Innie team has ZERO specialty roles. Lets change this shall we?

Demon Jumpers
The idea I had is something that I like to call the "Demon Jumpers" ("DJ's" for short), these would be ODST defectors that joined up with the United Rebel Front for whatever reason. Their loadout would be slightly better then your average Insurrectionist, y'know salvaged ODST gear and some other neato stuff. The DJ's will be treated as the elite of the Insurrection, they can/will give orders to regular Innies but all DJ's will be directly under the command of the Commander and Captain, the DJ Leader will be the lowest ranking officer for the Insurrection.

How would we implement this? 
Okay will first thing that would need to be done is turn the blown-to-shit part of the CCV Comet into the Demon Jumper's area. (https://gyazo.com/8177d398fa29a7f666627ac1769f7a57) Fix that shit up, drop a small room for the DJ's to gear up and spawn, add a few spots for the S-SOEIV's (Salvaged-Single Occupant Exoatmospheric Insertion Vehicle, yes I made this up, fite me.), fix the doors to make them only accessible to the DJ's (maybe the Commander/Captain?) and boom, you got yourself some friggin Demon Jumpers ready to mess up the UNSC.

Have there be two new roles plus some sub roles, Insurrectionist Demon Jumper (Machine Gunner, Sharpshooter, Engineer) and Insurrectionist Demon Jumper Leader (maybe a Insurrectionist Demon Jumper Lieutenant?) 

or we can just make them a new part of ERT
or never

Why should we implement this into the game? 
Being that the Insurrectionist team doesn't have any specialty roles and that I've noticed that lately the Innie team has been kinda getting its ass beat in every engagement, adding a new role to give the Innies would probably help balance the game (or not? ConfusedhrugSmile. This would allow the Innies to have a small group of people quickly drop in to begin assaults before the ground crews can arrive to help them out, meaning that new tactics can be used by the Insurrectionists, adding an extra layer of fun to the game.

Also the Thorin just got another upgrade and the URF are about to get totally rekt, pls add.

Side Notes? This is not canon, whatsoever, Demon Jumpers don't really exist, but there have been ODST's that have left the UNSC to join the Insurrection (and presumably took their armor with them), so I mean - why not have a squad or two rebel and join the Insurrection after something the UNSC did (Remember Far Isle!!)? Plus I mean, giving the Innies some kind of specialty role would be good for balancing, right? Right?

Oh yeah, here are the sprites I was talking about.
Machine Gunner/CQB: [Image: 1d0714426fba362efb979afc7a4b2717.png] 
Engineer:                    [Image: be6c004f9f1c4fbec8f6e13abf38cc0a.png]
Leader:                      [Image: cbc3fdb818629915ed20ea893d2053b0.png]
Basic:                        [Image: 65963641578b6a5eebdfd2839858b242.png]
Sharpshooter:            [Image: 338ff410f86904bcd43e7fc28d1abe79.png]
Light Sharpshooter:    [Image: b829e3db6e66184ddde09db01bff7411.png]
This should probably be in the actual suggestions forum rather than General.

Aside from that, while the ideas and sprites are pretty neat, I think the URF need something unique to them that doesn't amount to resprited ODSTs.

I wouldn't know the first place to start, of course, but I believe it should be more unique and specific to the insurrection, something that only they have.
Whoops, didn’t realize I dropped this in General. Could an admeme please move this over to server suggestions?

Also yeah, totally agree Bolter! Kind of just thinking inside the box. If I come up with something else I’d make another!
After doing some thinking, perhaps we could expand on the suit concepts. We have the Colossus, and the Zeals. Why not give the suits special abilities, for example? Perhaps some new types of suits that, while they're not in the lore, could still exist with the lore basis we have for them. As an example, why not a suit designed to support a heavy weapon on its back, allowing for otherwise vehicle-mounted weapons to be used effectively by a ground trooper while perhaps still leaving his/her hands free.
I am against adding what amounts to resprited ODST's for the URF, as previously stated here, its better to have something distinct for the URF.
I think Boltersam is on the right track here, currently we make one zeal suit and one colossus suit freely available, we could turn that equipment to use for a urf commando unit, perhaps with an addition like a deployable weapons platform for the colossus guys.
I personally think it's a good idea, since it does make sense, however, I do agree with Flaksim about the distinction, But, I don't agree with the ODST idea going out the window, since...thats kinda fucky, why not just make the armour more distinctive as Deserter armour, maybe some of the visors are damaged, some of the armour parts from the original are gone, the colours on it are more faded, and maybe some salvaged armour bits on it
(08-16-2018, 08:26 AM)Flaksim Wrote: I am against adding what amounts to resprited ODST's for the URF, as previously stated here, its better to have something distinct for the URF.
I think Boltersam is on the right track here, currently we make one zeal suit and one colossus suit freely available, we could turn that equipment to use for a urf commando unit, perhaps with an addition like a deployable weapons platform for the colossus guys.

L M G  M O U N T E D  A N D  L O A D E D !