Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caelum's Ban Appeal
Your Byond/Ckey Username: CaelumZ

Your character name (if relevant): Rex 'Chance' Lombardi

Who were you banned by:  Desolane

Date of ban: 5/30/2018

Length of ban: Until Appealed

Full ban reason: Reason: muti-keying and bomb grief early round start.

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned

There was no rule against multi-keying at the time of my ban. It was never a stated rule or a rule put in place. Nothing about it, the only think even hinting was ban evading- Of which I was doing none of. 

As for the early grief round start bomb, I was going for a hostile takeover of the mayors office. When I saw a cop was in there, I made my move- When I was race changed. Oops! I was Kig-Yar at the time as an Innie (A funny joke in my opinion, it certainly spiced things up!) But I was race changed into a human. With no other options, I grabbed for the bomb that was dropped, holding it in my hand. I told the police officer to back away and RPed pointing to the bomb. He charged at me multiple times, so I did my only option and tried to pacify him with the bomb.

We both got blown up by it. I RPed the rest out from there.

I honestly think there's no reason to ban someone over a rule you didn't set in place. The second one I can understand, but it wasn't really grief since the RP created out of it was arguably pretty good, all things considered. Anyways, the multi-key wasn't even a rule in place, and there's other servers that dont have multi-key rules either. Multiple admins that I asked about it either said nothing or just shrugged it off, and even a member of staff (Pillow) who said it was alright as long as we RPed it correctly. So I mean... It felt pretty wrong, pulling us all aside, sending out bans, breaking people off whitelists... All because of one rule you forgot to put in.

Hell, put it in now. Put it in and act on it. But to ban based on a rule that wasn't anywhere to begin with... It feels wrong, and feels like a power play just to get rid of me. I think my fellow players will agree with me.
I can vouch on his behalf, I do recall pillow saying in a voice chat that it was okay to share accounts and multi-key to have access to all the faction specific whitelists. Not so much have more than one account, but to share accounts with another player. Though she isn't staff anymore, she said it when she was a member of the team, so really she is the one at fault for spreading this misinformation.
This is denied. Wait 30 days from your time of ban before making an appeal.
I wish to add that pillow is not the appropriate staff to follow such advice from. In fact, you should have been skeptical with that advice from pretty much anybody and should have clarified it with someone with actual authority on the subject. Even a moderator could have made some temp rulings here, but you chose to follow what a lore master told you. The fault here likely lies with you in this, not theirs despite pillow being an easy target.

I also disagree here that you should not be banned for things that are not clarified as rules. Even if a thing is not a rule that works to bend functions of the server against their intended result then it is a problem. This whole situation again, would have been solved if you just bothered to talk to the right people. Not every rule is put on paper either, as part of it all is reactionary. That is simply how the system works.