Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What r/Space Station 13 thinks
I have not seen the server talked about on the subreddit but when people do they seem to think the server is a cool idea and concept and would love for it to be seen through and completed. But even these people seem doubtful. For example in this reddit post here  https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/5...ng_to_you/ one of the commenters said, "It'll be great when the Halo server comes out of development, well if. There was even a post asking if the project was dead." It seems some people are starting to become doubtful. Now I have one hundread percent confidence in the staff of the server to do a great job but I can get why people are doubtful, an Open Alpha was said to supposed to be released a while ago but has been delayed a few times. Like I said I have full confidence in this project and the reason I posted this was to see what everyone else thinks of what the subreddits thoughts are on the project.

As always keep up the great work!
As the person who made the "It'll be great when the Halo server comes out of development, well if." quote, it was down to the factors that genuinely there are alot of servers 'in-development' but really imo until a server has a stage just out of development for public play it comes to just being a nice idea but not fulfilled.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for this server to pull through and get into the public testing phase (Similar to FTL13) but currently the forums are mostly dead and there aren't really any 'weekly updates' on progress or just how things are going as far as I've seen( So it's difficult to gauge if anything is getting done or if loads is getting done), which would be nice to have.
(11-03-2016, 01:48 PM)TopHatPenguin Wrote: As the person who made the "It'll be great when the Halo server comes out of development, well if." quote, it was down to the factors that genuinely there are alot of servers 'in-development' but really imo until a server has a stage just out of development for public play it comes to just being a nice idea but not fulfilled.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for this server to pull through and get into the public testing phase (Similar to FTL13) but currently the forums are mostly dead and there aren't really any 'weekly updates' on progress or just how things are going as far as I've seen( So it's difficult to gauge if anything is getting done or if loads is getting done), which would be nice to have.

I see what your saying with the fact that there are a lot of servers "in-developement" also weekly updates would be great even if it was to say "We are still hard at work" though they do talk about the server on there skype.
You guys do realize we have done several public tests recently right?
--bloxgate
[Image: 76561198022559245.png]
The guy who's hosting the forums, and does some coding too.
(11-03-2016, 11:10 PM)bloxgate Wrote: You guys do realize we have done several public tests recently right?

Really? Were they announed on the Skype because if so I did not see it on there.
(11-03-2016, 11:53 PM)Bulzome Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 11:10 PM)bloxgate Wrote: You guys do realize we have done several public tests recently right?

Really? Were they announed on the Skype because if so I did not see it on there.

Yeah, we tend to post when the server is up and what not!
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]
(11-04-2016, 02:15 AM)BDpuffy420 Wrote:

It was to my knowledge that the test server was always up to those who had the IP and you could hop on whenever you wanted to.
(11-04-2016, 09:16 PM)Bulzome Wrote:
(11-04-2016, 02:15 AM)BDpuffy420 Wrote:

It was to my knowledge that the test server was always up to those who had the IP and you could hop on whenever you wanted to.

Yes, that is usually true. The announcements are more for when there's a major change that's gone live.
--bloxgate
[Image: 76561198022559245.png]
The guy who's hosting the forums, and does some coding too.
I update more monthly or every couple of months. I've revised the roadmap and there's still a couple major features to get done before I'll consider it playable.