Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamemode concepts / A few questions
1. With so many gamemode concepts will there just be a 'standard' gamemode of Covenant vs UNSC battling it out over certain areas?

2. Will there be round continuation, as in will you remember icly each round like a mission log or will it be similar to CM in the respects that you don't recall anything about the previous round?

3. What kind of Jobs can we expect to be available?

4. Kind of tied to question two but not really, will there be round to round progression or is it very much each round you start at the bottom and work your way up again.
An example might be that in a previous round you were rewarded a medal, would said medal carry over to all continuing rounds/the next round or would it only be for the round it's given in.(Quite hard to explain what I mean, hope you understand.)

I Probably have more questions that I'll add at a later date but currently this is all I can think of.
1. The "standard" Covenant vs UNSC gamemode will probably Battle Royale - there's nothing fancy or surprising there, it's just two player-crewed ships slugging it out with each other.

2. Rounds will be semi-canon (fanon is probably more accurate) and many things will be randomised like the date, star system (name, layout, contents etc), NPCs/NPC ships, and possibly even elements of the player ship like the name. I don't really want to do anything to progress the lore, but there will definitely be gamemodes and events set at different periods with different factions, goals and wildly varying gameplay. Feel free to "remember" aspects of previous rounds ICly in an RP-friendly way.

3. Depends entirely on the gamemode. For the Insurrection GM, UNSC players can expect to be some flavour of marine (sergeant, medic, combat engineer etc), crewman, bridge officer or pilot (with subclasses like fighter pilot, sensors officer, hangar deck crewman etc) while Insurrectionists will have vaguely similar job roles with a more civilian/rebel/pirate flavour. Eventually there will also be civilian jobs like trader, miner etc who can pick which faction they want to help.

4. I'd like to eventually do a partially IC experience progression ranking, where playing rounds and roles will net you experience towards unlocking forum titles and badges, as well as ingame perks like unique job titles or small extra features (eg, someone who's never played the Ship Captain role before might only be ranked ingame as a lieutenant commander or post captain, but someone who players regularly might rank as high as commodore).
Thanks for the reply and helpful answers, I'll post here again if I have anymore questions.