Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gamemode Concept: Hidden Infestation
Concept: Continuation of the Stranded gamemode, where the Marines successfully extracted, but a Flood Infection form managed to hide on the Dropship, this is set on a single large UNSC warship.

The Flood: A player controlled proto gravemind spawns in a maintenance room (randomly) on the ship, and must begin to spread, after picking a host. (From a selection of Marines lounging about, Engineers doing maintenance work, janitors, etcetera. This is chosen when they spawn) 

Upon this, the player Flood learns what the NPC knew, for example, if it was an Engineer, they'd learn the blueprints of the ship, and be able to send Flood attacks through unprotected areas, if a Marine, the ranks of all crew and their departments, and plan accordingly.  

When the Player becomes a Proto-Gravemind, Flood Growth Pods begin to form around them, due to the presence of Flood Spores. With a small alteration of the lore, the Proto-Gravemind has a timer for when a wave of infection forms are released from the pods, which it can direct. Upon infecting enemies, they will turn into Combat Forms. 

Players infected by the Flood retain their sentience, but NPCs are commanded by the Proto-Gravemind (If there is a lack of NPCs to infect, they can be spawned from biomass along with pure forms such as the Carrier). From there, the Flood must attempt to infect the Commander of the ship for their information, and as a secondary objective, the entire ship.

The UNSC: The UNSC is composed of the player crew among the ship, although there are no ODST or Spartans present, and are heading back to a naval station for resupply and repairs. Once they become aware of the Flood presence through cameras or reports, they must attempt to keep the threat away from the Bridge long enough to get reinforcements onboard to quell the threat. Players will have the option of any role on the ship. However, the Commander is able to call in an ODST Prowler hidden in the system. When the Flood are detected, the UNSC must attempt to eliminated the Proto-Gravemind which turns the Flood feral, meaning that they're not ordered to attack anywhere, and simply act on the whims of their AI, making them easier to handle. However, Player Flood retain their intelligence, and can make a new Gravemind with enough bodies, so be careful. Due to the small corridors, vehicles will not be able to be used, however if the Flood breach into the Hangar or wherever the ground vehicles are stored, they have the potential to take them, but you can bring those powerful weapons to bear if that's where the Flood attacks, and push them back.

Flood Victory Conditions: Take control of the Bridge, and add the Commander to the Proto-Gravemind (Commander need not be alive, just the body retrievable).

Minor Victory Condition: Fail to take control of the warship, but manage to take control of X ships in the Hangar and piloted them safely outside of the system to spread the Flood.

UNSC Victory Conditions: Eliminate all major Flood Forms, or reach the naval station in time for reinforcements.

Minor Victory Conditions: Cause the reactor to meltdown, resulting in complete destruction of the ship and the Flood, ensure that no Flood escape.
+1 I can dig it!
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]
The Flood had a sort of "brain" form which could pilot fighters and capital ships which I think was one level below a proto-Gravemind. They required a lot less mass to form too. Cool idea and I think the UNSC needs to be super careful about Flood getting control of any fighters or escaping off the ship to spread the infestation further.
(08-02-2016, 12:34 PM)Cael_Aislinn Wrote: The Flood had a sort of "brain" form which could pilot fighters and capital ships which I think was one level below a proto-Gravemind. They required a lot less mass to form too. Cool idea and I think the UNSC needs to be super careful about Flood getting control of any fighters or escaping off the ship to spread the infestation further.

If so, then the UNSC should place emphasis on protecting the hangar, we could make it either a minor victory if the Flood takes the hangar, or allow them to use the fighters to spread the Flood all over the ship from the hangar.
Victory conditions updated. Any ideas?
+1 seem like a really cool gamemode and keeps to the feel of the flood as a monster that zombifies all
1+ I like it, although perhaps removing the NPC's and just making whoever spawns as the flood form just spawn as a proto grave-mind in an area of their choice, with some restricted areas of course. Such as it only being able to spawn in maintenance and such.
+1

Maby do something similiar to the blob "You are the gravemind!" and task them with eating as much as possible before moving to a safe place to set up your biomass stuff?

love the idea anyhow, i was actually planning to suggest this today but found this instead. great idea.

will be a poop to sprite doe.