Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will races be balanced?
(07-31-2016, 11:31 PM)Cael_Aislinn Wrote: Yeah Brutes won't turn up frequently. Hunters will still be around, but we'll be "creative" with our interpretation of how tanky they are and you'll probably be able to kill them with a few rockets to the face. I like the idea of Covenant being in a race against time to take out the UNSC before the UNSC can tech up, because that's basically what happened over the course of the first 4 games (when the Infinity launches the UNSC officially overtakes the Covenant IMO).

The way I'm planning to do ranking is a combination of job role and player experience with the role (self ranked). For UNSC this is pretty easy, eg pilots could get a choice of Lieutenant, Captain or Major, or the ship captain could have a rank of Lieutenant Commander, Commander or Captain. The ranks would all have effectively the same permissions and responsibilities but indicate their level of experience/seniority.

I'm on the fence about Cov players being anything other than elites. There's such a disparity in survivability that I'd only want players do it as a respawn thing (everyone starts as Elite... you die you only get to respawn as a grunt or jackal).

Personally, beside the Sangheili, I am interested in the Kig-Yar, as I find them interesting because of their shield and ability to be somewhat "tankers" or "guardians". Okay, I don't know how their shield will be good. If it's going to deflect/protect only in the direction of the shield, whether or not it will discharge itself from the damages then recharge completely after a delay, etc.

I'm curious about it because the Kig-Yar is definitly something I would see myself playing. Same for the hunter the real big tank boy. (Speaking of them, are they going to be as powerful and annoying as in the games? Ahah, just asking because it's already hard to survive one shot without getting the shield disabled and health lowered to 20%.)

As for the Unggoy... Well, I'm too sure how you plan to make them balanced. No doubt any races can be interesting. (Maybe because I am more leaning towards roleplay than gameplay). Are they going to be weak as fuck? What will make them truly unique (and by that, I mean something that can truly contribute rather than be a simple living shield.

And will Elites be able to use a shield/cloak at the same time? I'm really curious! ^^,

Messages In This Thread
How will races be balanced? - by Boltersam - 07-29-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by Cael_Aislinn - 07-29-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by Boltersam - 07-29-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by bloxgate - 07-30-2016, 01:10 AM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by Cael_Aislinn - 07-31-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by Koenigsegg - 03-29-2018, 09:34 AM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by bloxgate - 08-01-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by Mook476 - 12-02-2017, 01:47 AM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by Nightspark43 - 12-02-2017, 05:39 AM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by Ruse - 09-09-2018, 12:30 PM
RE: How will races be balanced? - by Boltersam - 09-11-2018, 07:34 PM