Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Pelican's and other thing's
So after looking through all the game modes or idea's for them at least i see Pelican's are important part of many of them so i have some questions.

1. In Stranded and other game modes it sounds like Pelican's come in as a scripted event when certain objectives are completed or time limits are up to come save the marine. My question is do these Pelican's work like Pelican's that would spawn on a ship at the start of the round or are they restricted to just NPCS flying, also can these Pelican's be shot down and if so what happen's in the round then if the Pelican's sent to pick up the marines are not there how would the round continue.

2. If Pelican's can get shot down in-game (which I am assuming they can) and there are marine's in the Pelican is it a possibility some of the marines can survive the crash and if so what does this depend on. For example if the pilot is a player (and again i am assuming players can pilot pelican's) does the pilot still have some control on the Pelican even if it is going to crash and could this effect if marines or anybody else in the Pelican  survives the crash.

3. Can Pelican's from a planet in-game go to space . I ask this because I can think of some fun situation's where Spartan's jump out of a Pelican in the middle of a battle in space between UNSC and Covenant forces. This lead's to my next question.

4. In-game do Spartan's have airtight suits of armor?

2.2. This is really apart of question two but when going from orbit down to a planet or anything else  that has a atmosphere can Pelican's be shot down while doing this. I am guessing not because of the BYOND engine's limitation's. Also if your on say a Forerunner Installation with a ground to orbit super weapon (if they exist in game) can you fire at warships and do damage?

5. What code are you using. I thought it was a modified bay code but i would like to know for sure.

Well that's all keep up the great work can't wait to try out the open Alpha.
1. Probably mostly identical to normal Pelicans except piloted by an NPC. For gameplay reasons the only time they would be destroyable would be when they're set down and waiting for the survivors to board.

2. Yeah there probably will be survivors, but there's no guarantee you'll be fighting close enough to a planet to crash land on it!

3. Yeah but there's no planets yet, only space stations and soon asteroids.

4. Yeah but they haven't been coded yet either.

5. Heavily extended baycode with as minimal modifications as possible.