Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eugene's covenant application
Ckey: EugeneShev

Discord name: Pufferfish eating a carrot

In-character name: Titus

general character info: Being a Jiralhanae, Titus was among the most savage front-liners in the ship's assault crew, preffering much less so to gun the enemies down with superior distance and far-developed energy weapons, and rather board the shuttle for a direct assault and take over of the vessels. Bloodshed seemed most important until the very day he found himself alone in his pack. Living among the lesser species and sangheili, formally his higher-ups, softened him up severely, though the brutish nature remained, he gained the urge to grow not just muscle, but mind. In his journey if studying and practicing tactics, he quickly reached the rank of a shipmaster, taking over the command should sangheili be absent. As such, having no other comrades, he started treating them as something far more than just weaklings and cowards, and so, even began to recognize the value of unggoy, and their, usually loyal views of serving the bigger cause. After all, he became not just the samely fierce warrior on the battlefield, but one with a clever mind, more resilient than a common leader, with more than enough motivation to use himself as an example for others to follow.

Reason for joining: I've seen a number of people in The Covenant joining in and frankly, doing a little bit of a lackluster roleplay-wise. Outside of that, it's safe to say that compared to spartans, Covenant-restricted roles are severely underpowered and need not just skill, but sheer numbers to accompany it with, which is, safe to say, pretty lore-friendly, knowing they use melee charges and cannon fodder. Outside of that, I'd simply love to explore the in-game feeling of being moderately higher in command than the rest of the folks on the ship. The only way we can experience The Covenant's side in any of the games, or books, is through a different character. Hell, even the main character of Halo games that we're supposed to feel the role of, as we're playing as him, isn't technically the character some would like to play, so simply having your own creation to roleplay as is a great deal to me, if not anyone.

Roleplay Example/History: Usually I try my best to roleplay as a more unorthodox character; As such I have Cade Prescott, who is about the most pathetic person one could meet, being a nervous wreck who is completely non-pain tolerant. I have fun joining the MRP and HRP servers with more or less high roleplaying standard to get into the role of someone who doesn't quite handle threats like giant spiders or all-consuming sentient blobs well; has breakdowns, and reacts to pain the way a normal person would, rather than just mechanically; trying to actively avoid such. I've recieved a number of feedback that this concept is great to explore for others and gives the idea that space station 13 is, after all, a roleplaying game. For me personally, all the mechanics are pretty lackluster most of the time, easy to explore and get bored of, so eventually I just result in roleplaying. Though Cade isn't my only character, some of them follow the same concept on other servers, under different names. While it's safe to say that war-based games like Halo, or CM are difficult to roleplay in, as most people do, after all, focus on fighting, it's easy to find people who share the same idea and want not to just fight, but roleplay being a warrior. As such, I'm having great fun in IScal, IS12:Reborn, Farweb, Cadiastation, and DS13, as unorthodox examples that surprisingly, not many people play, much like this server.
Welcome and approved
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]