Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Xyodo's Covenant Application
Ckey: Xyodo

Discord name: Xyodo

In-character name: Xeko 'Vuramee

General Character Info:

Xeko 'Vuramee was a rather lesser known Sangheili Minor, possessing next to no accolades, and somewhat clumsy. He is still dedicated to the Great Journey and has always been loyal to a fault. He prides himself in his honesty and word. The only major battle that Xeko participated in was the canon first contact, (Held Dec 21, 2018) which was a bit of a disaster. The story is a little foggy here because I'm not exactly sure how to play this out, but mechanically he didn't make it through the battle, essentially missing in action. Because I've been out of the server for a few years I figure his wounds were so grievous that he was either captured alive or brought back to the ship and subsequently frozen in a cryopod or some other solution to this time-gap (I'm open to suggestions! I have no idea how many flaws this story could have, or what would be easiest/most interesting to go with). Whatever his means of returning to the conflict in the current canon timeline, he no doubt has emerged into a less familiar scenario, and thanks to his relatively unassuming history, will likely not be readily recognized by many comrades (unless if not much time has progressed in canon, in which case this transition will be much easier for him).

Until I figure out the foggy details of Xeko's story, I'll be playing my Unggoy, Yudyud. He's a simple individual and he is particularly content with his life. So long as he has food and the Great Journey to give him purpose, he will serve to his fullest. Yudyud's main concern is performing well as a means to avoid attracting the anger of his higher-ups, so while he may slack off from time to time, he's sure to try and perform well when his leaders are watching.

Reason for joining:

For personal reasons I had to stop playing for a few years, but now I'm back at it! I still love the covenant and halo in general. I recently played a bit of Halo: MCC with my brother, and in addition to remembering the fun we had long ago, it reminded me of this server. I am interested in how much has been added as well as how the timeline has progressed. Halo 2 has left me wanting more of the Covenant perspective. The organization of the Covenant has always interested me, particularly its variety of species united under one purpose, even though the purpose is somewhat twisted by their prophets.

Roleplay Example:

I was playing on the SS13 World Server for the first time, and I was quickly killed by a simple mob in the sewers while exploring. By the time any players had discovered my body it was too far gone to resuscitate and I was brought to the roboticist. In the MMI I was informed of two options: Become a cyborg, or receive Full-Body Prosthetics, essentially becoming an IPC with a human brain. I chose the latter, but quickly found out that as a fresh player I had not enough funds to even afford the prosthetics. Luckily the kind roboticist paid for them in my stead, essentially taking an informal loan with him as my creditor.

The next round I played with the occupation of sanitation technician in order to begin accruing funds to repay him (account balances persist on World Server). On this second round there happened to be a big event with a ton of enemies, natural disasters, etc. As the city that World Server takes place on descended into chaos I came across the same roboticist who had saved me and paid the bill for my prosthetics. He had been struck with lightning and was in near-critical condition, and due to the chaos his health was declining. I knew that this person was very important to my character and therefore did my best to protect and assist the roboticist as he could no longer walk and constantly shifted in and out of consciousness. Against the odds, demons and chaos, I managed to drag him in a rollerbed all throughout the convoluted evacuation procedures. To put it succinctly, it was perhaps the most exciting roleplaying I had ever done, to so quickly find a person my character was indebted to and through his love for this roboticist, rise above his simple limitations. He grew from a fool who died to a giant sewer crab to one of the few survivors of the cataclysm, and although all he really did was run away from the monsters and weave through the city debris, he saved another person's life in the end.

Roleplay History:

I've been in and out of a few servers on Space Station 13, although I've struggled with sticking around in any one place for too long. I'm making progress in that regard, and I'm also getting more familiar with various roleplaying features such as writing out actions and such, my time on World Server helped with that. I'm no expert, but I certainly won't have my characters running around saying "lol" and the like. I don't believe I've caused any trouble in any roleplaying community, but I do worry sometimes I might've wrecked someone's immersion, so my roleplaying is a bit stiff for fear of saying something out of line. I'm certain the more I play on this server, the less of that concern I'll have.

I'm excited to join the community, I'll be checking in and joining as an Unggoy if I see some people on in the meantime. Keep an eye out for Yudyud and please let me know if anything is amiss.

If you want to view my old application, here's a link:
https://projectunsc.org/forum/showthread...92#pid1992

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

approved
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]