Socks for Spartan
CKEY:
ComradeSocks

Timezone:

GMT-4

Discord name (eg Bob#123):

Canadian#1403

How long have you been a Whitelisted ODST?:

‘Bout six months the first time around. Was a Fireteam Lead of Fireteam Victoriam, back when Flakism was FL. Back when we had ranks..
Recently rejoined again, been playing ODST for a few months now.

Have you ever been banned here, or on other servers?:

Nope.

Do you understand and accept that Spartan players are held to a higher standard than other UNSC whitelist roles, such as ODST?:

Of course. 

Do you understand that whitelisted Spartans are expected to comment on and observe the conduct of other Spartans and Spartan Applicants, on the forums as well as discord?

I understand.

Name of the Spartan you want to play (Name-000. Try and avoid commonly known numbers like -117.):

Ulysses-097

Scenarios

Please answer these scenarios to the best of your ability, this is to gauge your playstyle in comparison to the other spartans and to make sure you have a firm grasp of how a spartan is meant to operate, as well as how to best utilise the tools available to the UNSC.

1:The covenant have began scanning at the PD and are roughly 25% of the way through the scan. You are the only person geared up currently, but there is a sizable unit of marines who have just respawned. What do you do?

Seeing as the Covenant already have the scanner planted in the PD and it’s already a quarter of the way finished scanning. I can’t exactly waste much time or else they will be able to locate the artifact, and extract it. Leading to the planet being glassed. Thus, there really is only one thing I can do in this situation:
As the lone Spartan, I rush to the PD ASAP, then use my trusty Battle Rifle to shoot anyone outside the PD doors, hopefully snagging a few shots on some lowly Unggoy and Kigyar. I keep a distance as to not get instantly railed by volleys of plasma, keeping pressure on them for a time. Occasionally I’ll run up to the front of the PD, tossing grenades and getting some clean shots off on the little guys, retreating when my shields get low. From here, the Marines HOPEFULLY would be finished getting prepped, they’d likely charge headlong into the front door as per usual. I, on the other hand, run around behind the PD, plant a C12 on a wall and flank behind the Covies while they deal with the Marines. From here, it’s a slaughter. After dodging a few plasma grenades, I finish this scene by disabling the scanner and plant a C12 on it. Then return to base.

2:You are the lone UNSC member currently on the site. You know of the covenant presence on the planet, estimating 2 elites and some unggoy. You are forced to attack them. How do you best use your skillset and abilities to do so? assume the covenant are out on the streets of Geminus City, and have no armoured support.

Literal chump change. Two Sangheili, and a single Grunt in the wide open are hardly enough to put a damper on my day, they probably will hardly even damage my armor. I mean, I could just use an SRS to rip through their shields and mess up their fancy armor, but that’s no fun for anyone, sooo... First things first, my kit:
 Shotgun, DMR and a Big Iron on my hip - and a handful of grenades can’t help.
As the prey is literally just standing out in the middle of the damn street, I use my DMR and target the highest ranking Elite, likely taking his shields down before he can retaliate. From here, I simply empty my mag, then quick reload and charge at him with my shotgun. Pop two rounds into his chest and fall back using my superior speed. Giving my shields time to recharge if any of their plasma connected. If the Elite isn’t dead, he will be soon, thus I focus onto the next Elite, while keeping an eye on that Unggoy.
Next Elite obviously knows I’m around now, and will likely try to drag his half dead superior into a building, unless he’s brain dead and stays in the street. Let’s go with the former for shits and giggles. 
Seeing as the Elite and Unggoy know I’m coming, I take my time and play some peekaboo with them, tossing in the occasional Grenade until their shields are down and the Unggoy probably has used the last of its Biofoam. Thus, prompting me to enter the building with my shotgun drawn, firing until it’s outta shells, dodging and weaving all the while. Then quickly switch to my Big Iron, popping off a few shots until they go down. 
Mission success, Covies aren’t robust.

3:There is an assualt on a strongly defended and reinforced covenant position which the marines and ODSTs cannot break through, however you know of a side passage which, whilst still guarded, is less defended than the front door, however it is guarded by a spirit on the roof which is locked down to provide reinforcements. How do you procede? Assume there are no other roof access points on the map, but you have access to both the full vehicle and weapon compliment the UNSC starts with.
This one seems pretty easy. 
Strongly defended position set up by the Covenant? 
lol ok here we go gamers. 
Kit consists of a Jetpack, Shotgun, Battle Rifle, Big Iron and a handful of C12’s.
I assume the marines are trying to force their way in through the front.. So I could use the side way in, but that’s to risky and to easy. So imma just use my jetpack, fly onto the building, wait for it to recharge, take some pot shots at the Covies guarding the Spirit. Once my jetpack is recharged, I fly over to the Spirit, kill off the Covies guarding it, plant some C12 on the Spirit, look away as it explodes cause cool guys don’t look at explosions. Then I fly down and start bonking some Covies with my shotgun. Rip and tear my way through them whilst dodging plasma grenades left and right like a Giga Chad Spartan. When it gets to hot I just take off with my jetpack again. Would be a good idea to take out any HMG’s that the Covies set up first too. Rinse and repeat until the job is done.
Then I return to base and eat sand, as all good Spartans do apparently.
Without actually having these scenarios playing out before me, it’s hard to gauge what would actually happen in the moment. I’d like to think that these engagements would be rather easy, as I continually dab on Covenant and UNSC alike as pretty much any role. Spartan being the power role it is, probably would be overly easy for me. But until I get in there, there are many unknowns. 
approved
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]