Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karmac's Spartan Application
CKEY: Karmac

Timezone: UTC +10

Discord name (eg Bob#123): Karmac

How long have you been a Whitelisted ODST?: Was approved on 29/11/2019, played for a good while but I have only recently returned from a months-long break from SS13 as a whole.

Have you ever been banned here, or on other servers?: I have been banned here once, and had the ban successfully appealed, though looking back I can't say I was as respectful or professional about the process as I should've been. I have been banned a few times from the Colonial Marines server, though my last was about a year ago if my memory's still good.

Do you understand and accept that Spartan players are held to a higher standard than other UNSC whitelist roles, such as ODST?: Yes.

Do you understand that whitelisted Spartans are expected to comment on and observe the conduct of other Spartans and Spartan Applicants, on the forums as well as discord? Yes.

Name of the Spartan you want to play (Name-000. Try and avoid commonly known numbers like -117.): Blast-152

Scenarios
Please answer these scenarios to the best of your ability, this is to gauge your playstyle in comparison to the other spartans and to make sure you have a firm grasp of how a spartan is meant to operate, as well as how to best utilise the tools available to the UNSC.

1:The covenant have began scanning at the PD and are roughly 25% of the way through the scan. You are the only person geared up currently, but there is a sizable unit of marines who have just respawned. What do you do? 

This implies the ODP has been destroyed, which is enough grounds to allow my deployment alongside UNSC forces. Though I myself might be combat ready, it wouldn't be the greatest idea to start running and gunning all on my own. Working alongside the marines to assault the covenant forces and destroy their scanners is going to be much safer, and have a higher likelihood of success, so I would wait till they are ready to do so before making a move.

2:You are the lone UNSC member currently on the site. You know of the covenant presence on the planet, estimating 2 elites and some unggoy. You are forced to attack them. How do you best use your skillset and abilities to do so? assume the covenant are out on the streets of Geminus City, and have no armoured support.

When forced into combat against a large force like that drawn-out combat is only going to go poorly for you, so the most likely option for success would be to fight while falling back; ensuring I'm not flanked, that I can safely reload my weapon/s, and that I have enough time to inject biofoam without suffering more injuries should I need to do so. Spartans are tough, but not invincible. A silver lining to the situation would be that in a target rich environment, it is difficult to miss.

3:There is an assualt on a strongly defended and reinforced covenant position which the marines and ODSTs cannot break through, however you know of a side passage which, whilst still guarded, is less defended than the front door, however it is guarded by a spirit on the roof which is locked down to provide reinforcements. How do you procede? Assume there are no other roof access points on the map, but you have access to both the full vehicle and weapon compliment the UNSC starts with.

The spirit's utility relies on the covenant having enough time to respawn to be of use to the defence, as such, I would suggest to the UNSC forces that they split their forces, a small contingent following me in an assault on the lesser-guarded side passage while the larger group distracts the front defenders. As the mission would rely on my team utilizing speed and the distracting force being enough of a problem to keep the main force busy, I would deploy my team with a compliment of Warthogs and suggest the distracting team utilize the Scorpion to ensure the main defenders have reason to stay where they are. My team would assault the lesser-guarded passage, hopefully downing the guards quickly with the assistance of the warthog's turrets, before breaching and clearing our way to assault the front defenders from behind, under a two-sided assault I would hope the enemy finds themselves unable to finish off either side of our attacking forces, and dies under combined fire. In the event the enemy has time to respawn, they will be in no good position to assist the defenders inside unless they respawn en-masse, and in that eventuality we have likely already eliminated enough defenders to take the position as our own.
Si Senor
Yes, Yes I concur with Loaf.

i'd explain WHY your responses to the situations are good, but I'd rather not spoil what i'm looking for in these apps right off the bat. They're good responses though, exactly what i'd expect from a spartan player.

Consider this approved.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ydqnUQZ.png[/img]

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/CjCN2Nr.png[/img]

Master Sergant Ava Greenshield

UNSC MARINE CORPS
ORBITAL DROP SHOCK TROOPERS
Approved 2: electric boogaloo