Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doge - Lesser Prophet Application
Ckey: LordDogeisCool

Discord name (username####): Doge Doge#0001

Character Name(s): Montumus, Blarpdarp, Thul 'Maduumee, Buk, Pibip, Maximus Morgan, Adherent

How long have you been a member of the Covenant Faction?  In total, I'd say probably around a month.  I spent the good majority of time around last November when I first played, but due to IRL reasons I have had to take months away from it.  I have just recently came back as seen by my covenant application.

What are some examples of good Covenant Roleplay that you have been a part of?  This is poignant as I have just recently had quite a fun roleplay situation that was formed by fluke.  I am not exactly the most robust, that is probably a good note to put before I get on with it.  Pibip, an Unggoy minor who was awoken from his comfortable rest in a spirit to the sounds of fighting, ODP almost completely empty of UNSC forces.  With a firm step on the ground, they help an elite major and ultra to break into the nuclear device room, and detonate it.  

Skipping ahead, while stationed in the flagship in preparation to fight alongside his CO, the UNSC fleet was called.  Battling hard, this Pibip felt victorious.  Now onto the ground, the combat engineer worked to reinforce all of the walls and prepare defenses in the bar- when like the useless unggoy he is, blinded himself by accident because he forgot to put down his wielding visor.  Realizing this mistake, the ultra brought the unggoy to the spirit- and with an example of pure bliss, the unggoy flies himself all the way to the flagship in order to fix his eyes.  Unfortunately, the previous space battle would not be so simple to forget.  

The autodoc was ash, this unggoy would not have his eyes back so easily.  Fumbling around to make some eye meds, Pibip was taking quite some time to the dislike of his commanding officers.  Many attempts were made to contact the unggoy, but none were answered.  Perhaps in the heated battle of space, or sometime before, the covenant ship was blocking all outbound radio communications.  Once finished with the meds, and arriving back to the planet.  (An important note, his eyes were indeed not fixed.)  The officers were not pleased whatsoever, and it was the time to search for the artifact when Pibip made his greatest mistake.  Pibip, like the fool he is, could not find the seat to get into the spirit.  A harmful delay to the great journey, and an even more harmful result.

Unknowingly, a heretic managed to snake himself into the bar and attack them from behind.  With Pibip still firmly in the ultra's grasp, they were forced to pull back and begin the fight.  The Sangheili fought valiantly, and the heretic was dead.  Pibip on the other hand, was firing erratically toward the great beyond, panicked by the sudden combat.  Comforted by his fellow unggoy, and healed of his wounds, they continued on.  Pibip's uselessness got to the commanding officers unfortunately, and he was sternly threatened by punishment if he did not stop talking.  This other unggoy is a story in and of itself, they managed to get the artifact all on their own, so robust.

It was not all fine and dandy.  The artifact was not where this unggoy said it was, and the Sangheili were angered to an unhealthy degree.  Fortunately the artifact was found, and safely returned to the flagship.  Somehow, Pibip was free of punishment, but the other unggoy on the other hand was not so lucky.  Beaten to near death, the blind Pibip rushed to grab medical supplies for his fallen brother.  Blindly following the trail of blood leading up to the holding cells, Pibip injected biofoam into the punished unggoy.  They felt betrayed.  Perhaps by the sangheili, maybe by the very great journey itself.

After discussing momentarily about their past, the unggoy knew that home would soon arrive, and respite could hopefully shower them.  Pibip was also quite hopeful for his eyes to be fixed, he didn't want to be cast aside as a worthless warrior.  Though beaten, his loyalty lied firmly in the prophets, the great journey.  Led back to the Unggoy chambers, hunger could not be understated.  The food nipple was indeed filling on this day, for Pibip and his friend.

Do you understand the Faction Rules? Yes.

Do you understand that you are not above the Covenant law (but with some slight leeway) , and may be persecuted for not following the Faction Rules? I do.

Do you understand that you can be removed from the whitelist at any given time, based on your behavior, even when not playing the role you applied for? Of course.

What do you think your job is as the role you are applying for?  This job, to me, seems to be almost entirely an RP role.  Much like the unggoy deacon, this job could be a direct influence of the ministry toward the small crew, and provide interesting insight in the situation.  Necessary to keep a HRP standard, at least for the prophet themself.  Command of the lesser is necessary as well, although at the best of times, should be completely un-needed.  Soon, the Great Journey shall begin, and it is important for the crew to remember that.

Why should you be whitelisted?  I'll be real, I'm not exactly a robust spess guy.  I can take care of the heretics, of course, and slaughter them with my very unggoy hand, but still not very robust.  Roleplay, on the other hand, that is something that I can control.  It is something that I know of, and something that I am truly experienced with.  I find the hegemonic covenant super interesting, and the lore behind the individual races equally as so.  If I need to lead in combat, that is fine, and I am prepared to kill heretics... through others.  The heretics must learn of their mistake, and realize that they are not worthy of the Great Journey.
honk
Denied - You should apply for Shipmaster first and gain command experience etc before applying for prophet.

Overall your application seems good, but yeah can't accept.
(07-10-2020, 01:50 AM)UntoldTactics Wrote: Denied - You should apply for Shipmaster first and gain command experience etc before applying for prophet.

Overall your application seems good, but yeah can't accept.

Fair enough.  I do recommend adding that to the requirements somewhere, if I knew that beforehand I wouldn't have even applied yet.  I might apply for shipmaster, not sure.  Combat leading was never something I was looking for in prophet, but maybe I was incorrect in assuming that.
honk
I would like to note that although James wanted to make Prophets requiring Shipmaster whitelist at first, I remember him shortly deciding to do otherwise, because I was present that day as he was opening the Lesser Prophet apps and I was the first one to apply, one hour in. If staff would like to check, look at my Discord server roles. There is no Shipmaster, yet James accepted me, you can ask him yourself.
Ah well, pertaining to previous comments and since there is little otherwise evidence of James saying this other than one discord post, i'll tentatively approve the application.
(07-11-2020, 02:31 AM)UntoldTactics Wrote: Ah well, pertaining to previous comments and since there is little otherwise evidence of James saying this other than one discord post, i'll tentatively approve the application.
Thank you for even considering the application again, I'm quite gleeful at the moment.  My apologies if my response was abrupt, I was just frustrated at the fact the application was denied to something unbeknownst to me.  Anyway, that time is over and I will serve the Covenant well.
honk