• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OmenVI - Ban Appeal
Your Byond/Ckey Username: OmenVI

Your Discord Username: Octonut

Your character name (if relevant): K'oolz

Who were you banned by: 5crownik007

Date of ban: 12/21/2019

Length of ban: 3 Days

Full ban reason: I was banned after me and another t'vaoan planned on killing a minor elite and then left the ship after we failed to do so. I was under the impression that the other player who was asking the admins for permission to do so had mentioned we were going to jump the elite. He didn't and I wasn't aware of that.

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned:  I should be unbanned because I didn't know we didn't have permission to jump him, as I wasn't handling the ahelp.
It falls on the admin responsible of your ban to handle this appeal, but I have a few concerns about it. You claim that you did not know whether you had to permission to perform a mutiny or not, instead of claiming that you did not know mutiny was against the rules. I believe it is safe to assume you knew the rule full well and now, you are putting the blame on another player because you got punished for it.

You may be allowed to start a mutiny only and only if there is a valid and reasonable IC reason. Yet the reason of your mutiny is nowhere to be found, you are not even explaining the situation and what drove you to act like this. This appeal is quite bare bone. "Unban me because I didn't know" is not an acceptable excuse. You should've probably made sure the mutiny was validated by an admin instead of trusting the words of a player (in which case they were apparently half-right. However, what was permitted got misinterpreted and led to those tragic events).

The other kig'yar was merely allowed to duel the Sangheili to regain their honor, at which point they decided to cheat against the Sangheili and was escalated to attempted murder. And then all the kig'yar decided to rebel against the Covenant, which honestly doesn't make any sense. Nothing was justified. At best, it was bold of the T'vaoan to try and go out of their way to murder a Sangheili, with two other Sangheilis onboard along with a bunch of unggoys. Your mischief combined to the rest of the kig'yar has drawn more attention than it should have while the Covenant ship was being shot at by the UNSC ship.
(12-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Koenigsegg Wrote: -snip-
Koen basically covered it. Ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse. Denied.
(12-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Koenigsegg Wrote: It falls on the admin responsible of your ban to handle this appeal, but I have a few concerns about it. You claim that you did not know whether you had to permission to perform a mutiny or not, instead of claiming that you did not know mutiny was against the rules. I believe it is safe to assume you knew the rule full well and now, you are putting the blame on another player because you got punished for it.

You may be allowed to start a mutiny only and only if there is a valid and reasonable IC reason. Yet the reason of your mutiny is nowhere to be found, you are not even explaining the situation and what drove you to act like this. This appeal is quite bare bone. "Unban me because I didn't know" is not an acceptable excuse. You should've probably made sure the mutiny was validated by an admin instead of trusting the words of a player (in which case they were apparently half-right. However, what was permitted got misinterpreted and led to those tragic events).

The other kig'yar was merely allowed to duel the Sangheili to regain their honor, at which point they decided to cheat against the Sangheili and was escalated to attempted murder. And then all the kig'yar decided to rebel against the Covenant, which honestly doesn't make any sense. Nothing was justified. At best, it was bold of the T'vaoan to try and go out of their way to murder a Sangheili, with two other Sangheilis onboard along with a bunch of unggoys. Your mischief combined to the rest of the kig'yar has drawn more attention than it should have while the Covenant ship was being shot at by the UNSC ship.
I was claiming that I didn't know we didn't have permission to jump the elite. I know that performing a "mutiny" is against the rules without a good reason IC, which is why when we decided to kill off the minor, the other T'vaoan player talked to an admin and then told me in LOOC that we had the approval to do it. I didn't think I needed to explain why we decided to try to murder the elite, but we wanted to because when we were dragging the artifact back to the ship the elite stabbed the other T'vaoan because he was dragging it back. Then when we got back he lied to the ultra and said we activated it, when we didn't. We wanted to kill him because we felt he was ultimately trying to get us killed over lies and us just doing our job.

I'm effectively saing "Unban me because I didn't know" because I didn't know we didn't have the approval to try to kill the elite through dirty methods, as the other player told me in LOOC. You can talk to him over discord and I'm sure he'll vouch for that. I didn't even think I needed to validate it because we had completely gone through with the plan, with no admin telling us to stop or do anything. I even ahelped after the fact and mentioned what we did.

Also, I wouldn't have bothered making this appeal if the player hadn't agreed with someone else saying I should appeal it. I'm not making this to blame him, I'm just saying what happened. Again, you can talk to him through discord and I'm sure he'll vouch for that.

(12-22-2019, 10:15 PM)5crownik007 Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 09:56 PM)Koenigsegg Wrote: -snip-
Koen basically covered it. Ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse. Denied.
This isn't ignorance of the rules. I knew what we were doing, and I thought we had permission to do it. This is just a mess of misinterpretation.
*YOU MAY NOT APPEAL BANS THAT LAST FOR 72 HOURS OR LESS. DO NOT MAKE A THREAD FOR THESE BANS.
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]