Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's Spartan app
CKEY:Joe4444

Timezone:GMT (UTC+0)

Discord name (eg Bob#123):Joe4444#7077

How long have you been a Whitelisted ODST?:Since the whitelist's inception (03-19-2018 was when my app was accepted)

Have you ever been banned here, or on other servers?:Not that I can recall, no

Do you understand and agree to follow the rules linked above, as well as the Faction Rules of the UNSC and the Server Rules?I do

Do you understand that whitelisted Spartans are expected to comment on and observe the conduct of other Spartans and Spartan Applicants, on the forums as well as discord? I understand and am willing to comment on the performance of fellow spartans in the field

Name of the Spartan you want to play (Name-000. Try and avoid commonly known numbers like -117.):Joe-444

Explain what you would do in the following scenarios and why:

Scenario 1:

You’re on the ONI Aegis and the ONI RD requests a Sierra team to deploy to VT9, as the covenant have been spotted and are attacking. They have not breached the gate and it is unclear as to the size of their forces. What do you do?

The first thing to do would be to gather information on the size and overall strength of the covenant force attacking. Do they have any Vehicles? are there any elites or other power units among the strike group? using comms would be the best way to do this, asking the various guards or the RD themselves for the size of the enemy force attacking. Some other good indicators to be taken into account here would be if they breach the gate or if ONI comms goes silent. 
If the situation is deemed worthy enough of a spartan deployment (such as overhwelming numbers or numerous power units such as elites and brutes) I would ask the RD (as they are the commander for ONI, if none is present or they died during the assualt, it would go to the aRD) if they have any specific mission for the Sierra team to achieve. If this is deemed too vuage, I would assign an objective fitting of the situation (such as securing the artifact if it is in the base, or base personell etc) then deploy to complete said objective. If the threat is not deemed enough to warrent a spartan deployment, I would inform ONI of the situation and, whilst not helping myself, would move to inform any UNSC forces in the sector of ONI's situation in the hopes they can assist.

Scenario 2:

You’re on the ONI Aegis and receive an urgent request from a Platoon Leader to deploy onto the UNSC Warship as the Insurrectionists have deployed a sizeable force and are taking control of the ship, and arming the nuclear device as they request assistance. What do you do?
First step is to determine the CO of the UNSC forces in the area. Is it the Platoon leader or is there someone else higher up who would be the one to call in a sierra team? Once that has been established, you would determine the serverity of the assualt. Considering it is described as sizeable and the URF are not only taking over the ship, but arming the nuclear device on board, it is safe to assume the marine forces have attempted, and failed, to stop the boarding process. The ship itself is also a valuable asset for the UNSC, so the deployment of a spartan fireteam to safeguard it is a worthy goal.
The next step would be attaining a mission from the aCO for the spartan team to complete. If the aCO can not assign us a mission, I would deploy to the site itself and determine the best possible objective for the spartan team (which, given the scenario, would likely be to secure the nuclear device from the URF boarders)

Scenario 3:

You’ve been deployed on a mission to give the covenant back their bomb. You manage to arm the bomb, but your fellow spartan has been cut down and his body is being dragged away by the Covenant towards an escape pod. What do you do?
The safeguarding of our gear is our utmost priority, hence I would give chase to secure the spartan's gear. If unable to reach and secure the Dead spartan, I would attempt to delay the covenant force dragging the body away until the bomb goes off, ensuring the destruction of not only my armour, but the dead comrade's armour too. If I was able to reach it, I would set it to Self Destruct, before moving back to secure the bomb until it can no longer be disarmed. Depending on the severity of the covenant assualt (which I assume would be rather high, considering we're on their ship) it may be possible to bring the Spartan's body off with me, when the bomb is past the point where it can be disarmed. If this is the case, I would take all steps to ensure the body can be brought back with me. After all, it is much better to keep our armour and repair rather than blow it up and waste billions of taxpayers money if it could easily be retreived.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ydqnUQZ.png[/img]

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/CjCN2Nr.png[/img]

Master Sergant Ava Greenshield

UNSC MARINE CORPS
ORBITAL DROP SHOCK TROOPERS
Before I comment on the meat of the app I just want to ask:

When you had Spartan through FL, you rather openly didn't care about the position, which you admitted to me. What's changed?
reflecting back on my breif time as a spartan, I realised I actually had an absolute ton of fun playing it and interacting with the others on the whitelist. I also rarely see spartans anymore, and looking at the spartan deployment channel, its clear to see only 1 or 2 spartans are actually playing spartan. I want to play spartan more, to enjoy the experiences I had before and also highlight the role of Spartan which isn't shown off as much as i'd personally like and provide a nice boost to the UNSC's combat capabilities.

Hope that answers your question.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ydqnUQZ.png[/img]

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/CjCN2Nr.png[/img]

Master Sergant Ava Greenshield

UNSC MARINE CORPS
ORBITAL DROP SHOCK TROOPERS
Sorry for the delay with this one, been irl busy with the holidays and all;

Accepted.