Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shanky's Shipmaster Application
Ckey: Shanky_

Discord name (Shanky #8909):

Character Name(s): Mehal 'Zedulmee, Plabap, Kendrick Larson

How long have you been a member of the Covenant Faction? A month, but i've been playing the server for a little longer than that, since September, I believe.

What are some examples of good Covenant Roleplay that you have been a part of? I had ordered the A.I. to be planted on the UNSC ODP to assist in our capture of it, I gave the order to destroy the base, but my men had forgot to grab the A.I. We had already destroyed the Light Brigade, had the nav-chip, and the artifact, but I was not intent on having the A.I. i had been working with be destroyed do to incompetence, so rather than allow that, I sprung out of my chair, ran down the hallway to the umbilical, and with mere moments until detonation, carded the A.I. and quickly crossed over the umbilical as the ODP was being engulfed in flame behind me.

Do you understand the Faction Rules? I've read through them a few times, so, yes.

Do you understand that you are not above the Covenant law, and may be persecuted for not following the Faction Rules? Affirmative.

Do you understand that you can be removed from the whitelist at any given time, based on your behavior, even when not playing the role you applied for? Certainly, understandable.

What do you think your job is as the role you are applying for? A Sangheilli Shipmaster is the definitive leader in the Sangheilli hierarchy, and in being that, they need to be stalwart to their command and unwavering in The Great Journey, and their commitment to their crew, they also need to be flexible, and have an understanding of heretical tech and tactics, as well as their language. They command their ships with an iron-will and a understanding that failure is death. In being a Shipmaster, you must be prepared to essentially lead the entire faction on a round-by-round basis, monitoring missions, listening to comms, giving orders, preventing heresy, punishing heresy, enforcing covenant law, acting on covenant law, being prepared against boarding, preventing A.I. destruction or theft, preventing ship destruction or theft, piloting the ship, and inevitably finding the artifact, or dying for it.

Why should you be whitelisted? To start, i'm an active member of the community who plays most days of the week, but mostly as Sangheilli Ultra, so I figure if all I ever do is command, but as Ultra, why not just get Shipmaster whitelisted so I can do the same thing, but actually as a Shipmaster, and not an Ultra. Secondly, I have contributed sprite work for the drone, and plan on making more sprites. (Regarding the sprite work, mentioning it is a sort of aside, really meant more to show that I like this server and intend on playing on it for the foreseeable future.) And lastly, there are simply very few rounds that anyone plays as Shipmaster, so I suppose why not have another person be whitelisted?
You seem to have gotten the gist of it. Good understanding of what we'd expect to do with such a role. Elites are expected to prevent and punish heresy, however it is your duty to ensure they actually do their job while not currently engaged in a battle.

Overall, this application is satisfying. Accepted.