Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Yacobpo157's SoE Application
(11-13-2019, 12:04 AM)Sparrow Wrote: well, it's been a while my good friend jacob stone. 

first of all, i like the description in your application, good punctuation and use of language as well as a solid well, description of your character. 

however, currently im on a neutral standing here and what you say could change it, with a few questions:

firstly, how do you believe you've changed since uh, the torture rp incident that got you banned/wl removed from odst? 

secondly, your leadership skills are pretty solid and you fit in well with the urf, however to excel at urf, ESPECIALLY with SoE, you need to be quite knowledgeable in things that aren't command or combat, which could include medicine, construction, cunning, etc. the SoE employs similar roles to ODSTs in this regard, and the URF are quite underequipped and require this to do well. do you think you have the capabilities to bring another talent to the table?

Want a hellfoam grenade or polytri smoke to return the greeting the SRS using Spartan gave you? I can make it. Need a vault door hacked or the Argentum's engines fixed? I can do that. Need an organ transplant from a UNSC EPOW because your got rads from using a Covvie rifle and your lungs are now green, I can do that too. I know the UNSC and Covvie ships, VT9, GC, Argentum, Aegis, and URF bases quite well. So say you want to infiltrate Crescent Base via the "secret" tunnel or flank entrenched Marines via a second set of stairs, I can lead the way.

As for the removal from the whitelist, I've actually worked with Spartans during three rounds in the past week thanks to some suave RP as an example. I also just finished reading The Secret Wars when I did that, inexcusable, torture thing and went waaaaay too far. Stuff like that won't be happening again.

Another thing you didn't mention is that I used to salt in LOOC sometimes, that's pretty immature and I've since stopped a moderate time ago but wanted to mention that as another example.

Thanks for taking the time and interest to ask these questions.

(11-12-2019, 10:34 PM)Paprika Wrote: The application seemed pretty good to me. However, he’s mentioned his app four times in the urf discord channel, despite the short amount of time the app has been up so far. We’ve also had four SoE members join in the past two weeks (including me), which may be something to consider. Just a bit ago, around the 48 hour mark of his app being up, he said “ After the results on my SOE app, I’m making an officer app as well“, which to me seems as if he is complaining about the wait time, bringing the total number of times he’s complained/mentioned his app is up to five times in about 2 days. The app is good, but his ooc conduct surrounding his app, in my opinion, has been pretty irksome. Tentative -1 from me.

I said that not to complain about a wait time, which I'm used to since I was on the ODST whitelist and was thus also whitelisted for the UNSC, but I was also whitelisted for the URF. People have lives, I wasn't complaining at all when I discussed my consideration of making an officer app as it was the topic of conversation.

As for me advertising my app four times, in retrospect it was obviously overboard but I was just quite excited. I apologize if that annoyed you and appreciate the feedback with my conduct in that regard, and I accept your warranted -1 in the view of that sound argument although I hope I can change your mind.
They believe they have their false prophets on their side. Well let them believe what they will.

We have the MACs on our side.

Messages In This Thread
Yacobpo157's SoE Application - by Yacobpo157 - 11-11-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Yacobpo157's SoE Application - by enkidienne - 11-12-2019, 01:47 AM
RE: Yacobpo157's SoE Application - by Paprika - 11-12-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: Yacobpo157's SoE Application - by Sparrow - 11-13-2019, 12:04 AM
RE: Yacobpo157's SoE Application - by Yacobpo157 - 11-13-2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Yacobpo157's SoE Application - by Sparrow - 11-14-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: Yacobpo157's SoE Application - by BDpuffy420 - 11-16-2019, 12:56 AM