Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipmaster Application!
Ckey: 
AchilliesWolf

Discord name (username####): A
AeternaSanctus#8530

Character Name(s): 
Var'Drazum, as well as an unnamed Brute Captain who dislikes Marines who run away.

How long have you been a member of the Covenant Faction?: 
Roughly a month now, give or take due to school.

What are some examples of good Covenant Roleplay that you have been a part of?: 
I cannot say that I've participated in many planned events so far, but previously I have gotten quite a few chances at being the ranking 'officer' aboard the covenant vessel, which has been highly entertaining. Not just because one must plan what the good 'ole humans will be doing, but also operating by what those who are currently spawned in can do. Such as in one a medic, or is one more experienced in assassination/sabotage. The list for people's personal skills goes on, and utilizing those skills within an RP is magnificent. For instance, the previous match I was just in consisted of a grunt which was a very fine medic, as well as a Kig-Yar which was excellent in scout and retrieval, yet, when we brought on board the artifact, it began spreading radiation as well as causing internal organ damage. Had that grunt never been apart of the game, the whole Covenant team would have wound up dead due to radiation, passing out, and so on...but thanks to 'em, we kept on going and trying to plan out how a vastly outnumbered and damaged ship which lacked power could possibly fight the humans. Eventually, a plan was formed in which we throw everything at them and try to divert their attention to the vessel while planting an antimatter device on the colony, but both failed so...slipspaced away. All in all, it was a nice touch of guerrilla warfare and skirmishing instead of going in with an army and trying to overwhelm with either numbers or superior weaponry.  The match before that consisted of a relatively medium-sized force of Covenant members taking the Artifact from VT, then proceeding to attempt to glass the Colony, which was a major success. But, by the end when we attempted to destroy the UNCS vessels, we simply were unable to, so it proved a nice experience just to know when one needs to cut their losses and make for home. Both of these rounds were quite fun, though it was difficult to get any human prisoners if they're either all running away, asleep, or just simply trying to kill themselves. Most often, I find that leading the Covenant forces from an Elite Ultra/Zealot position to be the most enjoyable simply because of the excitement of never knowing how the game is gonna play out and having nothing really to fall back on. If you lose the ship, then that's that.

Do you understand the RoE?
Yes, I do.

Do you understand that you are not above the Covenant law, and may be persecuted for not following the RoE?
Yes, I do, and I'll be certain to follow it to the letter, unless of course for the enjoyment of others, and the game in general, it would be more enjoyable to have a rebellious shipmaster and have to deal with a small civil war in the midst of around. But of course, only if it fits.

Do you understand that you can be removed from the whitelist at any given time, based on your behavior, even when not playing the role you applied for?
Of course, and I will do my utmost to act responsible in such a role.

What do you think your job is as the role you are applying for?
I believe the job of the role of which I am applying for includes, as stated in the format for the application, to "mak(e) sure that their ship is not crippled, captured or destroyed along with the strategic deployment of the heavy on-ship weaponry." as well as to be the acting commander of Covenant forces within the region, but not being the Field Commander. Instead, delegating command to those who would be my subordinates such as an Elite Ultra, or the Brute Captain. In the case of an invasion on a city, the shipmaster would be required to stay aboard the vessel, but could still assist with the combat going on on the ground, for instance, by using pilots to transport supplies to and from the battlefield, such as wraiths or weaponry/medical supplies. But also could assist by bombarding certain locations, or, when it's needed, regrouping units into areas that are needed, especially if there NCO/leader died or was wounded in the previous engagement and is unable to continue giving orders. In all, they should act as the overwatch commander of a battlefield, or, in better terms, the God of the field. Who sends in support where it's needed, when it's needed, and hopefully how it's needed without simply staring at space thinking "I'm in charge of this vessel, so what's going on down there ain't my concern at all." And, of course, advance the Covenant's and Prophets' goals to advance the Great Journey towards finally being a possibility to undertake.

Why should you be whitelisted?
I believe this role would be one of pure enjoyment to me simply because one gets to experience being in complete control (excluding Prophets, or maybe even Arbiters if one shows up) of the operation, as well as trying to make that everyone on the Covenant side is having a good time and isn't getting bored or simply don't understand why X thing is happening. But in all, I just want to help people 'ave a gloriously fun time while also killing Marines, Spartans, ODSTs, and those weird nerds and ONI lads who just weren't good enough for their dreams. Being a Shipmaster, I believe I'd be able to make a large portion of people 'ave some fun, and hopefully prevent mindless slaughter of grunts, when instead....they could be made into suicide grunts!
approved
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]