BDpuffy420

Date of ban: 
05/27/2019

Length of ban: 
Until appeal

Full ban reason: 
Shot an ONI guard as Marine with a bs reason

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: 
Round was pretty unorthodox, with the whole prisoner towel beating incident, the unintentional friendly-fire incident that led to a marine's death, and the subsequent announcement of an inspection team coming to the Bertels. That last event in the round sparked a fun, hectic situation where we tried to clean up all evidence of war crimes and any other illegal happenings of the ship. This culminated with the sending off of an escape pod consisting of said evidence, including the crewman that accidentally killed a marine, to where-ever using an escape pod until the inspection team arrived.

Afterwards, the inspection team came, and upon talking to the prisoners, most of the marines on the Bertels decided to bolt out of fear that the inspection team would find evidence of our war crimes and, in response, punish us. I entered an escape pod with a few other marines and we landed on VT9. We were met immediately with hostility by the gate guards at the ONI complex, and realizing we had nowhere else to go we just ran around until we found another marine holed up in VT9's telecomms building. Some point after we ran off from the guards, there was an announcement that lethal force against us was authorized and the marines from the Bertels were charged with treason. Given how everything played out, we thought it appropriate to take control of the ONI base so we had a source of shelter while hiding from the UNSC hunting us down. This included a few other marines that managed to find their way to the building, and we made our way into the ONI base. Upon contact with one of the guards, we did not kill them or shoot them immediately. We told them to stand down and RP'd the situation. They did stand down, so we stripped them of their headset and cuffed them immediately.

After securing the first underground level of the ONI base, we made our way to the surface, and after securing most of the base, I came into contact with two other ONI guards with Garth Pawolski and we tried to tell them to stand down. However, one of the guards primed a grenade and opened the door, presumably to throw said grenade into the corridor we were in, so we opened fire on that guard and tried to push out. I'll admit that I fired one slug at the other guard, who (I think) was trying to recover their friend shot by a rocket. However, me and another marine, Sam Greene, yelled "STAND DOWN" and "SURRENDER" at them to ask them to drop their weapons and rest for capture and healing. They failed to comply, and assuming that meant they were going to remain hostile, we attacked them in the ONI base hangar and captured them afterwards for healing by a medic, Sam Clark. Given how the round played out, I thought this assault was appropriate and we were not aiming to permakill the ONI, just capture them so we could ensure safe haven in the facility. A PM while we were breaking through the numerous layers of doors would have sufficed to stop the assault.

However, I understand that we broke ROE with this blue-on-blue action. We should not have attacked the ONI base, even with the special circumstances of the round. I'll refrain from doing this stupid stuff in the future.
You and anyone else involved shall be watched closely. Always follow the RoE and rules, if something doesn’t seem right ahelp. Ban shall be lifted
[Image: 76561198068836779.png]