Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules of Engagement changes + other suggestions
As I said, URF should have different expectations with prisoner taking. With the URF the only way you’re staying alive is if you’re important to the UNSC and can be broken down for information and negotiation value. For the UNSC, if Innies know they’ll be treated with basic human decency as a prisoner, they’re more likely to surrender, which avoids ‘grit your teeth and fight on’ firefights, which means less UNSC deaths which means more UNSC morale and victories and more innies surrendering. I know a few people who have main chars on both sides play as conscripts/under duress. I’m not saying make executions bannable, I’m saying “make surrendering a valid option with IC protections”. From the Innie side, even a lowly marine can be useful in a prisoner trade - Government militaries tend to be big on getting soldiers home, even if its only for the good press

Even with today’s political climate, police and military forces still try and capture terrorists alive. Why would the UNSC torture and kill someone who lays down their weapon without firing a shot? It would be far better to *encourage* Innies to surrender, letting under-duress Innie personnel know that it’s *safe* to defect or surrender to UNSC forces. Hearts and minds. Likewise the Innies want to show that they’re better than the UNSC. Hearts and minds.

Compliant, docile and restrained (or subdued, such as aiming a gun at them after theyre stripped down) prisoners should not be valid targets for battlefield or pre-trial execution. People who manage to communicate with the other side well before defecting (faxes) as well as being compliant, should also be protected from execution.

Edit: the above applies to executions and brutality including torture, weird and unusual, and torture executions (leaving someone bucklecuffed gasping for air from internals until they die)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rules of Engagement changes + other suggestions - by Insanegame27 - 02-04-2019, 01:29 AM