Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bring ODSTs back (Bring the boys back home again)
(04-08-2018, 10:06 PM)Focks Wrote: From my experience, most of the government spook attitude comes from the fact they're on an ONI prowler and aren't integrated in with the crew. When they were still part of the frigate crew, sure they did the gung-ho "marines are scrubs and we're not" routine, but the ticket stopped there. Since the introduction of the prowler, it's increased ten-fold to this whole super-secret operation deal.

And again, with ONI spooks being covertly inserted, yes, it happens, no it's not normal, and it would probably make a great admin event sometime, but not your run of the mill round. I'm not saying the prowler should be removed, just that the "normal" ODSTs don't belong there.  I'm also not disagreeing that it's how the ODSTs are RPing, but the prowler sets up the precedent and the idea that ONI spooks is exactly what they are, especially given there's an ONI officer role that's the only other role that specifically spawns on the prowler.

I disagree on moving them back, if only because it allows them to be deployed later in the round, as they supposedly arrive when things escalate. 
That being said however, I will make provisions for adding them in again when I remodel deck 4, which is soon ish. (Lets face it, deck 4 is shite and the frig is a tad too big atm :p)
(The decision is not mine either way, I'll just make sure that whatever is decided, there's a map option to go with it.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by Caelum - 04-08-2018, 02:58 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by subdon - 04-08-2018, 03:10 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by Wehraboo - 04-08-2018, 03:23 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by Focks - 04-08-2018, 03:31 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by Wehraboo - 04-08-2018, 04:08 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back (Bring the boys back home again) - by Flaksim - 04-09-2018, 08:45 AM