Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bring ODSTs back (Bring the boys back home again)
As of a recent update, ODSTs have been moved over to the ONI prowler, and a majority of times they're played as government spooks. Not only is it inconsistent with the purpose of the ODSTs by and large, as they are special forces and still fall under the UNSC Marine Corps.  It's also a frustration to players, the government spooks are more often than not off on their own incongruent mission, leaving the marines in a bad place and not assisting them because "You're not allowed to know why I'm here", or operating outside of the chain-of-command and attempting to be their own separate force entirely from the UNSC.

I'm suggesting the 4 man team be reinstated on the UNSC frigate, as the wiki page on ODSTs mentions  that "[They] maintain units of varying strength aboard many UNSC vessels and installations". And as James mentioned on the discord, the prowler being set up for various ERTs. Someone mentioned break-ins of the ODST armory being an issue, if this is the case, I suggest moving it to some unused space, perhaps somewhere on deck-1, where it's not easily accessable, and just give ODSTs higher access around the ship.

Hopefully moving them back to the frigate would help increase cohesion between the ODSTs and regular marines, as bringing them back under the same chain-of-command and having them as part of the crew puts them back in a much more integrated position.

I'm sure I've missed something, and I'd love to see where this goes, and what people have to add or detract from it.

Special thanks to Kudzu for being my editor and helping me sort  the post!

Messages In This Thread
Bring ODSTs back (Bring the boys back home again) - by Focks - 04-07-2018, 11:41 PM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by Caelum - 04-08-2018, 02:58 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by subdon - 04-08-2018, 03:10 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by Wehraboo - 04-08-2018, 03:23 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by Focks - 04-08-2018, 03:31 AM
RE: Bring ODSTs back - by Wehraboo - 04-08-2018, 04:08 AM