Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot
(05-03-2020, 10:50 PM)MactoPerFuror Wrote: For starters, respect their gender, that's what started this whole mess in the first place, by you acting like a bigoted cunt. It is not funny, it is not making a statement, it is just being rude and disrespectful. Treat people as equals.

And managing staff is my job. I will do it however long I feel it is responsible to do it for. I am only trying to teach them how to look, act, and respond professionally. Censoring themselves would actually be a good part of their kit to learn. Being professional isn't about changing your mind about a person, but how you respond to a person. Take my earlier mistake for example, what I crossed out was very unprofessional and the new lines were far more professionally appropriate.

You keep tossing the blame towards me, that's just an ad hominem on your part, calling me a "bigoted cunt" and your overall way of skipping over arguments, getting heated for no reason, deflecting points. I don't care if they're bi, gay, lesbian, trans..that's their choice and their choice by law, they have freedom of speech, though the same goes for me. I'm not going to respect someone who doesn't respect me, flings derogatory terms at me and calls me a degenerate, slurs that would otherwise offend them to the point of banning the offender. You can't force people to call people by their pronouns, that's to be earned through being a likable, respectable individual. You have the freedom to enforce that as an admin, risking to create a hugbox that'll just bury your server into a deeper hole. You've given them way too much time, way too many opportunities and it was all for nothing, you lost players and multiple people were banned.

There are at least two or three other transgender staff members in the community, probably players as well, never had an issue with them because they don't act the way Ratty has and does. I don't have issues with you and Desolane either for your sexuality, neither do I care what Ratty wishes to be, they're free to do so as stated above.

For the TL;DR readers, be respectful to be respected, don't be vile to the point where people feel uncomfortable talking to you because they expect to be banned or baited into a ban or argument.

The main point is that this is a Staff Complain, which I believe will end with you locking it and completely ignoring the issue, by simply claiming that "you'll talk to them and it'll all be fine because they'll learn". Something you've done for two months, which is absolutely abysmal and utterly insane to be doing for such an extended amount of time, while there's been no progress on the matter.

Messages In This Thread
Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by GeneralZane - 04-30-2020, 03:23 AM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 08:11 AM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 07:27 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by GeneralZane - 05-03-2020, 09:13 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 08:13 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 10:35 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-04-2020, 08:27 AM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-04-2020, 10:50 AM