Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot
(04-30-2020, 03:23 AM)GeneralZane Wrote: Your CKEY/BYOND username: AttackHelicopter6754

Admin's CKEY/BYOND username: Infernal Rat

Details of complaint:

All information can be found here in the google doc. More changes are possible to occur as an insight to community thoughts is still ongoing, and pending those currently offline.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UMn9...sp=sharing

I love the fact that you set this up so cleanly. I do not want to dissuade the usage of people using this format, as it really helps, but I want to point out a few issues with this document.

1# The censorship really lowers the credibility of the claims, as the chosen userbase could be corrupted. It also makes investigation much harder on our part when doing personal research into the matter.

2# Multiple members of the chosen userbase I would tag as invalid, either due to them being a banned user or they didn't answer any of the questions at all, instead opting for a rant.

3# This is put in a staff complaint but there is a lack of evidence from the claims aside from a few cases of rude behavior. I am not sure where to put this, but as a staff complaint, I really didn't want to spend an hour reading an opinion piece.

4# Violates rule 4 on posting in staff complaints, the thread will be allowed an exception this time.

As to the main topic at hand, I feel like a lot of anger is from a lack of transparency in our handling this from the staff perspective. Upper management sees great potential in ratty as an admin. They are highly active and tend to make good snap judgments the majority of times, without abuse or following troubles. When it comes to some situations, such as the incident where ratty made an announcement that they will stand their ground on the topic of their gender, they were reluctant to do it, but I, Crom/MactoPerFuror told them to do it, as there was and still is a campaign against ratty of constant and heavy harassment based on their gender. I could not stand a moment longer seeing them being treated so poorly with them just taking it silently.

Allow me to reiterate, this is NOT a case where they decided to abuse their authority to act like a kingpin threatening people over personal belief's, this was an attempt made to stifle harassment from a now-banned group of griefers. (these are also the people who have been ddos'ing the server and making constant spam accounts to annoy you on the server and discord.)

As to their hostile attitude, we have been addressing that as we go along. The road to being a great admin is not always an immediate result, there is training and time involved. The situation has not been ignored.

Messages In This Thread
Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by GeneralZane - 04-30-2020, 03:23 AM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by MactoPerFuror - 04-30-2020, 06:00 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 08:11 AM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 07:27 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by GeneralZane - 05-03-2020, 09:13 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 08:13 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 10:35 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-03-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Staff Complaint - Ratty Riot - by SeederJoe - 05-04-2020, 08:27 AM