Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WitchKat's deWhiteList Appeal
Thanks for you the time and effort you put in this app. To begin with, when I said 'no biggie' it was related to the artifact metarush. We will both agree that, while metagaming is all nasty and bad, it does not have many consequences. Waiting ten, twenty, thirty or seventy minutes doesn't mean you magically learn about the location of the artifact, as vague as it is. For all you know, it could've been on the surface, or another place, really.

But that was before I had noticed the damages caused by the nuclear device once the artifact was relocated. Covenant and ONI were not present, therefore it could've only been an ODST. I have checked the logs thoroughly and noticed that the nuclear device was primed by an ODST, Jack Sutton. I did not contact you about it because you weren't the one that went on your way to activate it. However, you issued the order to destroy the base, although nothing had really happened. Except for said "flyby" which doesn't really mean anything because, according to the logs, they were even close to Northwind since, I quote: "They do not seem to be headed to NW".

Now, all of this was quite surprising for the Covenant players since it was the first time they had set foot inside Kodiak when they had noticed the damages caused by the self-destruct. Again, no real consequences except that these actions had no real reason behind them. As for your motives, enacting Cole Protocole is a thing, enacting it before anything can happen and potentially prevent something from ever happening is the mistake here. It is often hard to find the balance between roleplay and gameplay, this is why if you are unsure, asking for help from the staff usually gets you out of most difficult situations.

All of this happened during a lowpop round (roughly 8-9 players, slightly less) therefore not much harm was done, if any. Initially it was decided that the same punishment as the other ODST should've been carried for you, except it had to be temporary. This is more of a question of "you should've known better", because your actions as a leader not only have impacted the course of the round, but also drove a player to make a mistake. It may seem harsh to you, but it is because ODST are expected to show the right example. We do not require ODST players to be perfect, just more reasonable and thoughtful, they are held to higher standards for a reason.

I am willing to lower the ban duration to two weeks, minus the days already spent without your whitelist. That is if Crom agrees too.

Messages In This Thread
WitchKat's deWhiteList Appeal - by WitchKat - 02-01-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: WitchKat's deWhiteList Appeal - by Koenigsegg - 02-01-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: WitchKat's deWhiteList Appeal - by WitchKat - 02-01-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: WitchKat's deWhiteList Appeal - by WitchKat - 02-02-2020, 02:05 AM
RE: WitchKat's deWhiteList Appeal - by WitchKat - 02-02-2020, 05:15 PM