• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Your Byond/Ckey Username: karmac 

Your character name (if relevant): Garth Pawolski

Who were you banned by: bloxgate

Date of ban: 27/05/2019

Length of ban: Until appeal

Full ban reason: Shot an ONI guard as Marine

Appeal details/ Why should you be unbanned: I can virtually guarantee this issue was not investigated, as the ONI personnel in question had been given multiple opportunities to stand down, and continued hostilities before I had even attempted to shoot at them. In my eyes this was a justified conflict, and I don't understand why a staff member decided to step in and take control of the situation. I'm also unsure of why blox felt it necessary to simply skip straight to banning me, instead of asking me about the issue, or even explaining to me what I did was wrong.

For further context as to why me and numerous other marines in the round would even consider attacking ONI personnel, we'd broken multiple ROE's during the round due to going a little overboard with our assaults, and ended up being investigated by an ERT. The marines took the chance to evacuate the Bertels entirely due to knowing they'd most certainly be found out for their crimes, some of us landed on VT9 and were met with immediate hostility from ONI security, some of us even being shot at. We had no shuttle, no allies and nowhere to go so we used the comms relay tunnel to launch a surprise raid on the base, in an attempt to secure a living space and supplies. We gave all base personnel an opportunity to surrender without fighting and one guard did, the others we took down that did not comply were not executed and kept alive as captives. I feel the entire scenario was roleplayed out sufficiently and that admins on at the time had ample ability to stop us before before things got to be what they considered 'out of hand'.

I'd also like to petition for the unbanning of the other marines related to this incident, as none of them acted any differently to how I did, and feel they too have been wrongly banned.

Messages In This Thread
Ban Appeal - by Karmac - 05-27-2019, 05:25 AM
RE: Group Ban Appeal - by BDpuffy420 - 05-27-2019, 05:33 AM
RE: Group Ban Appeal - by Karmac - 05-27-2019, 05:37 AM
RE: Group Ban Appeal - by BDpuffy420 - 05-27-2019, 05:37 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Karmac - 05-27-2019, 05:41 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by bloxgate - 05-27-2019, 07:17 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Karmac - 05-27-2019, 07:25 AM
RE: Ban Appeal - by BDpuffy420 - 05-27-2019, 10:48 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by Karmac - 05-27-2019, 10:52 PM
RE: Ban Appeal - by BDpuffy420 - 05-28-2019, 08:20 PM