Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Role/Species Abilities
Basically, I think the base ss13 spell system would be a great base for creating role/species based abilities. They'd kind of be like armor abilities from reach but they'd be tied to the role you spawn with and your species (also admemes). This would add more options for players to use in fights and will make a bit of forethought, into how players will approach a fight, necessary. They'd also give use to certain roles like squad leads, who outside of RP, are no different from your bog standard marine. Overall, I feel they'd increase player cooperation, raise the skill ceiling, and change the stale meta.
Reasons this system should be implemented:
  • You can have ODSTs/Commandos acting like real special forces, moving in quietly, taking out unsuspecting foes. (Also: ODST Tackleâ„¢)

• You can have SLs, providing buffs to nearby allies and actually giving players a reason to follow them.

• Species like Elites can dodge out of the way and Brutes can enter their primal rage.

• You can have Spartans sprinting at blistering speeds and performing other feats that they do in lore.

• Many, many more possibilities.
Potential Abilities
Note: In keeping with the general theme of the two factions in the halo universe, the human abilities I list will be mostly based on training and doctrine (learned skills and strategy) while the covenant will be more focused on their alien nature (physical differences in their species and their advanced tech). Of course, any recommendations that are to the contrary are welcome.

UNSC
Marine --- Sprint (Short-Medium burst of speed followed by a small slowdown and medium cool down.)
MG Marine --- Suppressing Fire (Fire rate increase, medium cool down.)
Scout Sniper Marine --- AP rounds (High Increase to Penetration with weapons, very long cool down.)
Assault Recon Marine --- Adrenaline Rush (Increase in damage and pain resistance, long cool down.)
EVA Marine --- Void Training (Decreased slip resistance and better void survivabilty, for those moments when you get caught in a hull breach with no suit, very long cool down.)
Marine Medic --- Basic First Aid (Provides a small amount of brute healing to a target, medium cool down.)
Designated Marksman Marine --- Bipod (Slightly Increased accuracy, as long as they are still, short cool down.)
Marine SL --- Coordinated Fire (Increases accuracy of allies in a 2-3 tile radius, medium cool down.) Sprint
Platoon Leader --- Marching Pace (Slightly increased speed for a 7 tile radius, long duration, long cool down.) Moral Boost (Slightly lowers pain damage, short cool down.)
ODST --- Door Kicker mode or Breach (Accuracy, damage, and fire rate slightly increased for a short duration, long cool down)=.) Tackle (Provides a chance to stun a target and the user, with the chance dictated by the targets species, medium cool down.)
CQB ODST --- Krav Maga (Provides a chance to stun an enemy, higher than the tackle and that does not stun user, with the chance dictated by the targets species, medium cool down.)
Sniper ODST --- Precise Aim (Extreme-increases to limb hit chance, very long cool down.)
ODST Medic --- Trauma Kit (Provides a medium amount of healing to a target, medium cool down.)
ODST Engineer --- Firefight Fortification (Immediately lays out a deploy-able barricade, about equal to a sandbag, long cool down.)
ODST Squad Lead --- Full Squad Cohesion (Increased Accuracy in a 5 tile radius, long cool down.)

Spartan
(W.I.P.)

Covenant
(W.I.P.)

URF
(W.I.P.)

Civilian/Aux
(W.I.P.)
Urf:Alcohol immunity
Immune to liver damage
Isaac riker: The urf's Official tech-Priest and the URFC'S Sharpshooter
This looks pretty great, I'm all for specific roles getting their unique stuff to separate them out and play to their duties.
Ruutians already have the ability to see further away, you use it like a spell and your camera moves further away like if you had a scope, but it stays on while you move, weakness is that you cant see yourself or anything close to you