Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covenant Information Citadel: Vaka'Zuvum
Welcome,
Prophet of Harmony

Accessing file: Special Operations, Sangheili, Vaka'Zuvum

Promotions: Minor (Year 2507), Major (2511), Special Operations - Temporary (2524)

Reason for temporary status: Lack of manpower, emergency promotion made. 

Service History

Minor: Leader of an Unggoy boarding squad while hunting rogue Kig'Yar pirates harassing Covenant traders. Noted effectiveness in close quarters and responsible for slaying a shipmistress in single combat. Note: Shipmistress was of a smaller vessel from the Kig'Yar pirate fleet. Analysis suggests being inexperienced in command and in combat. End note. Commended for successfully capturing the ship in a joint operation with another boarding party. Promotion to Major was received post elimination of the pirate threat in-system.

Major: Led one Sangheili Minor (Muv'Karam) and several Unggoy of ranks between minor to major. This squad and two others were deployed in response to a small Jiralhanae rebellion on the mining colony of Magellan IV. Rebels were noted to be using mining equipment along with makeshift melee weapons to kill their handlers and guards, then arming themselves with weapons from the fallen. Spirit dropship came under fire from hijacked outpost defences and was grounded, leading to minor injury among the squad. Approach to the outpost was covered by rock formations, likewise with other drop points. Vaka'Zuvum's squad attacked from the east in conjunction with squads to the south and west to cripple defences in order to allow further reinforcements if necessary. Rebels provided stiff resistance and slew several Unggoy, but lack of armour and training made them ineffective. 

The attack on the center of the outpost was made with the combined forces of all three squads. Several Unggoy were coaxed to use their grenades to break the lines-Being informed to arm them and charge forward. This tactic proved effective and opened a breach in the walls, allowing the remaining squad members (Including two other Major/Minor pairs and eight Unggoy). The Jiralhanae were far more effective in close combat and slew one Major and two Minors (Including Muv'Karam), as well as all but three Unggoy. Vaka'Zuvum is noted for ordering his squad to cease fire support and engaging a particularly large grey-haired Jiralhanae in single combat with his type 1 energy weapon. He emerged from combat with a severely injured shoulder caused by a mining drill.

Special Operations: Lack of manpower to operate in Nameless systems to prevent breaking of First Contact protocol until a decision is reached has caused several temporary promotions to higher ranks in those assigned to the Prophet Of Harmony, including Vaka'Zuvum. Upon acquisition of further manpower, Vaka'Zuvum will be required to train further and prove his worth as a Special Operations operative if he so wishes.

(OOC note: The whole temporary promotion thing is because applications for Special Operations don't exist yet. Once they are, I'm sure I'll be bumped down to Major and have to apply for it. And I'm waiting until brutes arrive to really make my main race choice permanent, because I like them both very much, and having a permanent character for them means people will recognise me and know if I can play well or not. When brutes arrive, I'll be taking a look at both, and if I believe brutes are better in melee combat, and I simply prefer them due to how they roleplay or how they function, are equipped, etcetera, I'll be discontinuing Vaka'Zuvum in favour of a Jiralhanae character.)