Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gao battle-jumpers
Basically the URFs bootleg version of the ODSTs. Might be cool to have these guys as a whitelist thing like ODST for events and whatnot.

After some thinking and people talking about it I've kinda thought about them being an EVA type unit for ship boarding and such, let them have a space worthy suit that can only accept emergency oxygen tanks or something. I know they can just use voidsuits but this is as good or equivalent to an ODST suit in terms of armor. I know we have the zeal suits and colossus armor, but having people trained and whitelisted to do certain things would balance the URF a bit I hope. Give them a unique role that UNSC doesn't have (yet). This idea might be stupid but a commando type unit that doesn't drop in SOIEV pod, and as far as I know the boarding pods are unable to breach ships only get outside of them. So this would be a cool way around that. Have engineer ones, CQB ones, and medics I dont know. Just some half retarded idea I came up with.

Lore https://www.halopedia.org/Gao_battle-jumpers

Here's some examples from arma 3 cause no official art of them so far. (thanks Adolf12)
[Image: d1593d4efc7af38694a3790dd878190b-full.jpg]
[Image: 6290a57697291e02cb0887c5d94b9ff5-full.jpg]
Looks pretty neat I'd be down for some URF ODST to shoot at from time to time with my stubby little grunt hands lol
Really like this idea! 

I kind of expanded upon in further in another post. 
Check this out.
https://projectunsc.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=692

Battle-Jumper inspired, I promise.
Updated my ideas a little bit after playing some more and hearing other peoples ideas on it.
I already made clear my opinion on just copypasting ODSTs to the URF. I think they need something unique. I detail this in the Damned Deserters suggestion, which is similar enough to this one.
(10-10-2018, 03:19 PM)Boltersam Wrote: I already made clear my opinion on just copypasting ODSTs to the URF. I think they need something unique. I detail this in the Damned Deserters suggestion, which is similar enough to this one.

I see that now, URF still needs commandos or something to give them an edge and draw players. Everyone who plays marine wants to be ODST, URF needs that as well. Also, some form of specialized role for EVA combat would help the URF a lot, seeing as how they have to procure weapons or be stuck with old equipment. And a way to paint captured armor would be cool and make it possible for them to get better gear and use it like in lore. Imagine being able to steal a suit from a marine and paint it or something so you could wear it, like put the URF logo on it and add red stripes and shit.