Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sangheili Application
I would like to preface this by stating that I am aware Sangheili are not currently a playable race. If anything, I believe they should be held to a higher standard than other Covenant, and as such be on their own whitelist, like Spartans would need to be if they are made playable.

Ckey: derflammenwerfer

Discord name: DerFlammenwerfer

In-character name: Kel 'Votanai

General character info: A swordsman of the House of Votan, Kel 'Votanai currently serves as a SpecOPs Sangheili within the Silent Shadow, where he takes no small pleasure in hunting those targets he is commanded to assassinate. Unlike many others of his kind, he will disable his cloak before attacking, only using it to stalk his target until he sees his chance to eliminate them, or to pick off one of the target's companions. He will use physical cover if available to charge his shielding while he decloaks and prepares to leap into combat if an ambush opportunity presents itself. Unlike some Sangheili, and unlike most other members of the Covenant, he respects the strengths of each of the other military-bound races.

Reason for joining: OOCly, my reasons for joining the Covenant are tied to my desire to bring Sangheili warrior culture to life on the server, and perhaps do it well enough that I can be something of a role-model for other Covvie players when it comes to roleplay. I'm not here to be a special snowflake, nor am I here to be all "Unga Dunga me smash humie/covvie." I'm here to play a character more than a game, but if the UNSC I'm targeting want to play like Colonial Marines do, I'll play hardball just the same. I'm not gonna whine about it if they choose not to play along.

ICly speaking, military service within the Covenant is a Sangheili tradition at this point in the Human-Covenant war, and Kel has aspirations to become an Ultra within the legendary Lights of Sanghelios division of the Honor Guard. In his mind, service as a Silent Shadow will give him more tangible experience from which to identify threats to the 'Sanshyuum Prophets, which are varied and in great number.

Roleplay Example/History: 

I primarily play on Citadel's RP server, and I tend to put  quite a lot of research and effort into creating my characters, and subsequently developing them based on events that happen in-game. I even do this to some degree on TGstation, on the rare occasions I play there anymore.

Typical attitude(s) towards Unggoy - "I need a distraction, clever one. Do what your kind does best of all, and draw the heretics' attention." | "Force them to scatter, Unggoy. The heretics should fear your grenades." | "Hold this chokepoint. Take advantage of your numbers where these humans cannot."

Towards Kig-Yar - "Too many of them to take down with a sword. I'd like you to thin their numbers." | "Your eyes are keener than most. Scout ahead if you will, and see where their defenses are weakest." | "There's one on the turret, Kig-Yar. Your aim from a distance is especially valued here."

Towards the Captain - "I've a mission to complete, Shipmaster. I will try to stay out of your way, and assist if I am able, but I may expect assistance in return." | "My blade is required on [location], will you make it so?" | "My mission is complete, Shipmaster. My blade is yours to command for now."

Towards Jiralhanae - *Kel avoids direct eye-contact with this race, knowing it to be a challenge in the Brutes' culture.* "The humans have formed something of a barricade at this location. Your strength will make all the difference in smashing through it." | "I see an opportunity to earn glory together. If you engage these humans, I will slay any that dare to flee from you." | "That one is the strongest among these heretics. Slay them, and the rest will know your might."

Towards Mgalekgolo - "The defilers are bringing their heaviest armaments, and your armor is the best among us. The Covenant needs you." | "The heretics bring mechs against us. Will you come to our aid, Hunter?" | "Have you ever seen the heretics bring so much firepower? We don't just need a Hunter. We need bond-brothers to break through it."

Towards other Sangheili - "I have my own mission to complete, brothers. Make every blow a death-blow." | "These heretics are organized, and they are here in force, brothers. I cannot reach my target without your aid." | "Stand fast, brothers, we fight as one or we die as one. Either we fall, be it in battle or upon our own swords, or we will see these defliers slain to their last."
Looks good to me. Approved.