Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Section 3 ONI Operatives
After reading a bit of Halo books in my vast amount of spare time, I wanted to suggest we add a form of traitor or antag role that would work more as a wild card than a downright antag, as to not give people the idea that they should constantly shoot this role on sight.

The objectives for this role would be things such as keeping player X alive until the end of the round or capturing certain documents from a randomly spawned place on any number of planets we currently have.

This role would have the added benefit of a spook blessing from ONI meaning that they would be authorized to go wherever whenever so long as it doesn't blow their preset cover, ie, a colonist is a Section 3 Operative but needs to find a way to covertly kill the innie leader without others noticing or they need to go secure documents at the ONI research base.

They would, in technical terms, hold a military rank which could be used as leverage but if they need to use this rank their cover is considered blown.

I don't currently have this antag role fleshed out in my head but the base is there as a foundation and has plenty of room to grow and expand.
Good idea. Perhaps they could mean slightly altered item spawns ingame, for example: "Retrieve Forerunner Artifact" would mean spawning in an item of that description somewhere.

What's to stop the operative from blowing his cover to get the UNSC forces to help him? Would be have proof? Would they be subject to penalties for blowing their cover, or would it merely be a personal failure?