Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gametype
just had a crazy idea and I do not know how it would work with the engine, coding etc. instead of having all these game types. what about a more persistant universe type of gamemode? you have a full system, and each world is still there. for instance you can have your updated colony map for the civilians and the URF can try recruiting civilians as they would in the colony game type, you have your research base researching weapons as it does, your unsc corvette patrolling the system, and the UNSC Frigate docked in a secure location so that when shit hits the fan, Fleetcom can unlock the frigate and order it on a mission to quell the insurrectionist threat. you would have the covenant pop into the system, either in their missionary ship or an actualy covenant ship, with guns, shields, a full crew etc. (that's probably the better idea) and basically what im saying is that if you merge all your assets into 1 system map, and have a combination of all your game types inside one system it opens up the opportunity for a more open world role play experience, where a civilian can wake up one morning and say "im going to sign up as a merchant under that captain and travel and trade" and the URF can go "we need more members, land on the colony world and start infiltrating it" and the unsc can patrol the system, try to keep things under control and when shit hits the fan, the highest ranking on the server, or preferably an admin after the UNSC contact FLEETCOM, unlock the frigate and spawn points affiliated, the ship gets turned on by the engineers and the marine attatchment on board the frigate goes and deals with the massive threat that couldn't be contained by the corvette on patrol. 

as I said im unsure how well this game type would work with the engine, how the coders could do it etc. but I really do feel like its a solid combination of everyone's favorite game types, and it would save us having to switch game modes every time we get bord as we could simply just role play something else, tired of being URF and trying to board the UNSC ship? go recruit civvies like you would on colony etc. and of course there is always the option of the admin just spawning in flood Smile