Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Innie IDs just Colonist IDs, but give them another identifier, like an armband
It's a bit odd that the URF would just stamp "Insurrectionist" right there, on their ID. Not only does it not really make sense icly, but I think that RP would be vastly improved, as well as the ROE more strictly followed, if URF spawned in with Colonist IDs.

However, they would need something to recognize each other. In comes the bright red URF armband/headband, which can naturally be removed. This, on top of their armor/uniform, would allow them to be easily recognizable by their compatriots in a heated fight. 

I think it would add a lot of depth to the game if marines had to actually search, interrogate, or detain colonists to find out if they really were URF or not. This would go far to bolster the "guerilla" aspect of the URF, while still not making them completely indistinguishable from regular colonists. Sure, they can disguise themselves among civies, but they can't take anything that doesn't fit in a backpack if they want it to be convincing, and they can't wear any armor.

Right now, I feel like we don't have enough pop to make a convincing colony when the vast majority of it is uniformed URF fighters, which pretty much usually ends up in a protracted tdm in between marines and URF, though perhaps I just haven't played enough rounds on the server to have developed an accurate image.

Anyway, I just want to open this for discussion.