Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is lag on my end or does the whole server get it
Alright, so this thread is just about confirming if the sort of constant lag spikes happens to everyone. At times it doesnt or barely happen at all, at other times its every few seconds.

To describe it better, its like the screen freezes, but you can still do inputs i think because you can end up in other tiles than the position you froze in.

Many responses would be nice since more confirmation is always better, which may sound egotistic or something, but it doesnt take any more than a yes. Furthermore i am sure other people are wondering this too (if it really does happen to everyone that is).

P.S Not a complaint or call to action against it or anything like that as i assume if its serverwide you(Devs and stuff i dunno) already know about it and may already be working on it/too hard to fix.
During Highpop, the server might stutter because of some large action (usually an overmap entity being deleted), which might cause some lag spikes. It's not that frequent for me, but it depends entirely on how many people are on the server
https://imgur.com/a/1OimX3d
Heres a gif for visual representation. Happened with 10 people on every 1 minute or so, so this isnt normal behaviour?

Also i noticed there were a co-host. So are we switching hosts from time to time?
I usually get lag during highpop
@TWE No, don't worry we're not switching around hosts all willy-nilly or something.

There's a fairly persistent bug we've been working to track down for a while that tends to cause lag spikes. We're still figuring out exactly what causes it, but at the moment most of the issues from it aren't player facing besides the occasional stuttering. However, if you're getting a lot of stuttering during low-pop you may want to run .ping in game and see if it's a network issue.
--bloxgate
[Image: 76561198022559245.png]
The guy who's hosting the forums, and does some coding too.