Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Citizen
(11-24-2017, 06:00 AM)bloxgate Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 02:01 AM)DarkSpetznaz Wrote: That would definitely be pushing it, but i think it will work on lowest settings, still if you can upgrade that then you should!

Haha. Unless you want to give me like $30k to cover college tuition for the next couple of semesters, I doubt I'm going to be able to upgrade anytime soon.

Is there a demo or something I could use to see how playable it'd be, before I go and drop however much money on it?

Sadly no there is not a demo for that :/ there are specs but you would have to find them, i've forgotten where they were.
New Update for Star Citizen, 3.0 Alpha has entered Evocati testing phase 1, i expect no more than a month until Regular PTU testing for all and then full release somewhere before the end of the year! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_rELqpUafY
I've been following Star Citizen for a while and considering Squadron 42 has been delayed several times and the release date of the multiplayer component is up in the air, I think buying a ship is a bit rash. While I do think it will come out eventually and while I do not believe the theories by some that it was all a scam, I do think we are not going to get Squadron 42 until 2020 and the multiplayer game until maybe 2023. I'm worried that they are being rushed and because of this are unable to meet deadlines, which is causing the game to be delayed. This could also affect the quality of the game on release.

Just my thoughts, I've been disappointed too many times to not be wary.
The Guy who can't think of a good signature.
(11-25-2017, 08:33 PM)Bulzome Wrote: I've been following Star Citizen for a while and considering Squadron 42 has been delayed several times and the release date of the multiplayer component is up in the air, I think buying a ship is a bit rash. While I do think it will come out eventually and while I do not believe the theories by some that it was all a scam, I do think we are not going to get Squadron 42 until 2020 and the multiplayer game until maybe 2023. I'm worried that they are being rushed and because of this are unable to meet deadlines, which is causing the game to be delayed. This could also affect the quality of the game on release.

Just my thoughts, I've been disappointed too many times to not be wary.

Those fears are to be expected, but they have been making dedicated progress and they don't have to have a full universe fleshed out just to release the game, just enough content to please the fan, I think you may be overthinking this a bit but chris roberts is a hero amongst gamers and not to mention they started on this game with a small studio of probably no more than 10 developers, now they have 4-6 studios and around 200 developers. Do the math. 

The singleplayer is coming out on release of the multiplayer, they go hand-in-hand for the start of the game, super unlikely they will be separated. I Have crunched the numbers a few times in my head about a release date, though on release you wont see even a quarter of systems EVE online has, i'm certain there will be enough for players to do, a 2019 release seems the most likely release date. The current 3.0 update going on is showing a lot of the systems they have been working on that makes creating planets, bases and stations easier than ever and fast as can be expected, with their new system i've seen they can create a whole system in a matter of a couple weeks! So don't lose hope, this game is full steam ahead and far from failing, not to mention buying the starter ship, game and a couple other niceties for 45$ is so cheap EA would shit a brick.